Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nick75niel

Rudy Gobert 2014-2015 Season Outlook

how bad did the favors injury look?

High ankle sprain worthy. Imo at least.

your looking at 6-8 weeks

Lol and what are you basing this on exactly? Fear mongering should be bannable imo

That hasn't been confirmed yet.

Does anyone know if Favors was able to get up on his own power?

walked to locker room on his own power. fear mongering should def. be grounds for suspension <_<

That hasn't been confirmed yet.

Does anyone know if Favors was able to get up on his own power?

hopefully its just a derrick rose type 3-4 game thing

felt weird saying that

Looks weird reading it

dropped kyle o quinn with vuciec coming back

God I dropped him earlier today for Kyle OQuinn.

hopefully its just a derrick rose type 3-4 game thing

felt weird saying that

Looks weird reading it

yeah, i bet even moreso cause it was meant for the favors thread

Swooped on him for multiple reasons. For one, Im a Favors owner. Two, the guy is a beast - ranks #104 in total stats for the year according to yahoo rankings in a measly 16:36 minutes per game. Three... The upside is huge. If unleashed, he will put up stats. Utah sucks and this guy is long, athletic, and plays D, what's there not to like?

Swooped on him for multiple reasons. For one, Im a Favors owner. Two, the guy is a beast - ranks #104 in total stats for the year according to yahoo rankings in a measly 16:36 minutes per game. Three... The upside is huge. If unleashed, he will put up stats. Utah sucks and this guy is long, athletic, and plays D, what's there not to like?

everything is true about this post. sorta similar to brandan wright.

i drafted gobert at the tail end of my draft but couldn't hold him as a stash in such a competitive money league and used my last pickup on ilyasova <_<

i drafted gobert at the tail end of my draft but couldn't hold him as a stash in such a competitive money league and used my last pickup on ilyasova <_<

Same. Dropped him for Aaron Brooks a while back there in a 16 teamer. Couldn't handle the small fantasy output when Favors is healthy...

I think the only reason he's not already the starter at C is he and Favors aren't the best fit next to each other on offense. The defenders would not need to guard farther than 3 feet away from the rim, because neither one of them can shoot farther than 3 feet away. The flip side is I think the defense would make up for it. They'd be smart to move Kanter to a big starved team.

I think the only reason he's not already the starter at C is he and Favors aren't the best fit next to each other on offense. The defenders would not need to guard farther than 3 feet away from the rim, because neither one of them can shoot farther than 3 feet away. The flip side is I think the defense would make up for it. They'd be smart to move Kanter to a big starved team.

Not sure who would want Kanter or what is trade value is like considering his awful defense. Only team I can think of that may actually benefit from getting Kanter is Philly, but they have nothing to trade anyways :lol:

I grabbed him towards the end of my 14 team dynasty draft and people were like "Rudy who?!"

You'll know soon enough... suckers. :D

With favors being questionable for tomorow, does this mean gobert wont be getting a large run and might be considered a drop.

Honestly if you're already in a 12 leaguer he should've been owned regardless from the start. Last night was no fluke and if any of you have seen the FIBA cup this summer, the moment Kanter gets dumped next season (and he will), this guy right here will be a legit fringe first round talent (doesn't mean he will return that kind of value) in that Jazz system. His wing span and motor is next to crazy and the best comparison I can have is an athletic and more agile version of Shawn Bradley.

Before you laugh, and just think Shawn Bradley was just some scrub getting dunked on by people left and right, the dude was legit one of the best shot blockers of the 90s and if Bradley in his prime could be drafted today he'd be a first rounder/fringe second rounder (not a joke).

Honestly if you're already in a 12 leaguer he should've been owned regardless from the start. Last night was no fluke and if any of you have seen the FIBA cup this summer, the moment Kanter gets dumped next season (and he will), this guy right here will be a legit fringe first round talent (doesn't mean he will return that kind of value) in that Jazz system. His wing span and motor is next to crazy and the best comparison I can have is an athletic and more agile version of Shawn Bradley.

Before you laugh, and just think Shawn Bradley was just some scrub getting dunked on by people left and right, the dude was legit one of the best shot blockers of the 90s and if Bradley in his prime could be drafted today he'd be a first rounder/fringe second rounder (not a joke).

His prime was 14/9/3.5 blks. Pretty damn good lol

When Favors comes back he'll go right back to playing 15 minutes a game.

When Favors comes back he'll go right back to playing 15 minutes a game.

Only reason I'm not that excited.

Yeah, i'll probably drop after favors is back too lol. Its just exciting to see what he can do in the games that he has coming up when he's getting the minutes

Yeah, i'll probably drop after favors is back too lol. Its just exciting to see what he can do in the games that he has coming up when he's getting the minutes

Same here, he was a speculative add just to see how the whole Favors injury panned out. I'm up by one block going into Sunday, so you know I want Favors out and Gobert in.