Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kirant

(Free) Long-running STHS Dynasty League Seeking New GMs

- I'm part of Flames Fans Hockey League (FFHL) (The name is pretty outdated, as our old administrator had named it). It's an STHS simulator league; we simulate individual games based on the roster and stategies that the GM implements to calculate game results. This league has an emphasis on a more casual game - we let the GM take a role as GM and coach as well as streamline signing processes.
- This league runs with sim re-rates, but are capped to be low as to encourage development of players over time. Did you ever think that the real team [x] is doing a bad job developing a player? Well, you get to put that development right into your own hands here. We are currently in our 6th season. As of right now, we have some openings for interested users who would like to try out playing in such a league.

Re-rates in the off-season are done by player development.

As mentioned before, we have a friendly and more casual atmosphere. We have a host of moderators and administrators who'll ease you into the league as this league. We simulate slowly: one day in our schedule is 1 day in reality. Another advantage is that we've had long term committed GMs. Many GMs have been around since day 1 of the league, which I've found pretty astounding considering that it's been 6 years. We have a slow rotation outside of this, and we're hoping we can find some GMs who are interested to take the reins on some pretty strong teams.

Our portal page is:
http://www.flamesfanshockeyleague.com/home.php

We have some great teams. Our most exciting teams are:
- Anaheim Ducks (Own one of the two Sedins and line him up beside Bergeron. Extremely deep defence with Seabrook, Seidenberg, and Hamhuis. Pretty much set up for the Playoffs)
- Boston Bruins (This one hurts me to put up as available. The GM leaving it open did a great job. Continual playoff team and currently in position for a deep drive next season. Howard in net, Krejci and Ennis down the midle, and Kessel on the wing. The rest of the team plays both ends hard - Ennis, Cizikas, Krug all know both ends of the ice)
- Colorado Avalanche (Got a bit of everything. Nabokov/Crawford in net, Brown/Lecavalier leading the charge, and a strong shutdown defence core)
- Minnesota Wild (Skaters include Nicklas Backstrom, Oshie, Doughty, and Yandle. Underperforms under an automatic coach but it's hard to imagine it'll last if someone takes over given all that talent)
- Nashville Predators (I don't now this team makes the playoffs, but it does. It has a tough, gritty, and has a good defence core with an average age under 28)
- Washington Capitals (Carter, Gaborik, and lots of skill. Hertl and Etem are ready to come in. Anybody wanting to look for ways to outscore their opponent needs no further. Youth in Kuznetzov and high calibre goaltending form Bobrovsky gives the team more than just scoring power)

Other teams that might be available are:
- Florida Panthers (Team on a rebuild. MacKinnon, Jordan Staal, Sam Bennett, and Zabanejjad gives a great centre depth while they're getting a team to play in front of Price)
- Ottawa Senators (Top tier playoff threat under the caretaking of a moderator)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (Top tier playoff threat under the caretaking of a moderator)

If you're interested in joining the league or just getting information, we have a forum page:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFHL/index.php?

If you join, create an account on the forum and contact either administrator (Finner, the Blue Jackets GM, or myself, the Blackhawks GM)

Thanks (and move this post if this is the wrong place to put it or let me know if I need to adjust to conform to this league's rules)