Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parrothead

2015 Either/Or Game

McCutchen. He's one of the few players in the league that will make big contributions in practically every fantasy category. Abreu is productive too, just not as much as McCutchen.

Kole Calhoun or Lorenzo Cain? (Standard 5x5 + OBP)

I gotta go with Cain right now... I think he might be legitimately breaking out

Which Brandon ROS? Belt or Moss

HanRam.

Cobb or Arrieta? (Standard Points League)

Cobb or arrieta?

Arrieta for both.... for sure. I can see him possibly being among the top-10 SP in the NL by season's end... and I admit I think he will rank even higher, but that is slight bias. Def. Arrieta for me though... plus the Cubs will get him a lot more run support than the Rays' can or will do for Cobb. This isn't your grandpa's Cubs team this season... they are going to score.

Either/or:

Drew Hutchinson or AJ Burnett? (roto redraft 12-team w/ standard 5x5 pitching scoring)

Moss.

Martin or Vogt (h2h points redraft) ?

Oh wow I didn't realize my last reply was on a much older page... Rw confused me there oops.

I would definitely go with Vogt. I like Martin more as a pure Catcher, but for fantasy (and Vogt has big games quite often, so that can be handy in H2H I would imagine?) I would go with Vogt. The guy is legit... but he can't really hit LHP or hasn't shown ability to yet. But he isn't being too exposed this season. Also he probably qualifies at 1B and/or OF as well, depending on your settings. (for more insight on Vogt if interested, see: the Vogt thread, page 3 or 4... I think 3-- I have a little write-up on Vogt and his strengths/weaknesses and also stats supporting that he came out of the gate scorching last season as well, which not too many people remember.)

-

Hutchinson or Burnett, as noted above?..

Billy Butler. He has been hitting in every game and playing pretty much daily.... quietly ranked among the top 60 in OBP 5x5 on Yahoo.

I just don't think Morales will have enough power over the entire season to put up the value I would want from him... and I don't think he will hit for much average. Butler is already at 3 or 4 HR too-- after only hitting 9 last season... A nice sign his power has returned. Morales would need to give me 25HR and I simply don't see that happening, and when you factor in the fact he's fragile and I'd worry a constant injury risk.... I'll go Butler. Hot start or not, I think he'll be the much better player at season's end compared to K. Morales....

SP Michael Pineda or SP Scott Kazmir?
(5x5 w. standard scoring for pitching, 1500IP limit...)

Pineda. He is vastly underrated. Has the stuff of an Ace.

I expect him to haul more innings in than Kaz.

Samardzija or Cobb (h2h points redraft) ?

Pineda. He is vastly underrated. Has the stuff of an Ace.

I expect him to haul more innings in than Kaz.

Samardzija or Cobb (h2h points redraft) ?

Shark, he's improved every game after a rough start. Cobb's tendinitis may linger this year also.

Inciarte or Marisnick?

I trust Marisnick to get more playing time/production so Id go with him.

Melky or Pollock (h2h points redraft) ?

^ * Melky, Pollock, or Polanco (h2h points redraft) ?

Pollock

Cruz or Votto

I like Devon more... unless I'm chasing speed ..

SS Adeiny Hechavarria or SS Jose Iglesias?

I trust Igesias more esp. in that lineup.

DGordon or Travis (h2h points redraft) ?

Id go Marte. Multi-cat. producer & isn't an injury concern like CDick.

Hosmer or Morales (h2h points redraft) ?

that's a little tough. Kendry's looks like he is back to full strength (or as close as he will come), and Davis will always have the fans & doubters alike, talking about his recent 50-bomb season, the peds (or banned stim drug he was likely on that yeah which can't help his psyche as he has almost plateaued it sometimes feels...

I like what Hosmer is doing this year, so hes my choice. Possibly a little biased but not really thinking about it,,

Both injuries risk but i think HanRam.

Many Machado or Jacoby Ellsbury (keeper league)

Machado in a keeper. Sky's the limit for that kid... turned a corner recently and has always been viewed as having a strong hit set. Yeah, his injury was scary... But he is young enough to recover.

Jason or Kipnis or Devon Travis ROS and PLEASE post some reasons why... Been getting offers for both guys.