Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#winning

Accept or reject: Brady for Maclin?

Just got offered this trade....do I accept or reject???

Give: Brady

Get: Maclin

My lineup:

QB: Culter

WR: Marshall

WR: Cobb

RB: Lacy

RB: Gore

TE: Gronk

Flex: Denard Robinson

Bench: Brady

Bench: C. Patterson

Bench: K. Davis

Bench: Josh Gordon

Bench: Branden Lafell

Brady is on the come up....Cutler i don't like so much ROS

I'd stand pat. Gordon will be back soon to fill your flex spot. I don't trust Cutler at all the rest of the way. If you did make this trade I would be looking at others rosters to make and target someone with a quality back up QB.

Wow, kinda surprised. Guess I have more faith in cutler, and hate having a second qb just sitting on my bench.

What do the rest of you think?

And/or...do I make this trade, and then simply search for another trade partner to package one of my stud wrs for another top rb, or one of my wr&qb for a stud qb?

i could possibly turn around and trade marshall for lynch...

I like giving up Brady for Maclin, and I think if you can then turn around and upgrade at RB, it's a real win for you.

do you think all think brady is/will be that good? otherwise one of my qbs is just sitting on the bench.

I do want to keep trading, so having maclin, cobb, marshall, and gordon give me more ammo for other offers.

but if you all don't think it's the right move, then I simply appreciate your opinions. keep'em coming!

I'd do it, then use cutler or stream at qb and use one of your receivers to upgrade at rb. Make sure you can make a trade like that first.

ya, i need to keep thinking about the next move. so if I make this trade, I can then package a wr and qb, or wr and rb for a stud qb or rb.

and i agree that i can use cutler and/or stream another qb from free agency like palmer, dalton, rg3, etc.

side a: is the outlook for brady really that good? he's got gronk, edelman, lafell, vareen.

side b: is the outlook for cutler really that bad? he's got marshall, jeffery, bennett, and forte. they are also in a division of competitive, high powered offenses so they have to keep playing for high scores.

doesn't side b look better?

Devil's advocate, when the patriots are blowing a team out, they don't stop. They are back to that place again

side a: is the outlook for brady really that good? he's got gronk, edelman, lafell, vareen.

side b: is the outlook for cutler really that bad? he's got marshall, jeffery, bennett, and forte. they are also in a division of competitive, high powered offenses so they have to keep playing for high scores.

doesn't side b look better?

No the side A QB is much better at his job. Cutler likes to give up in games and just throw it up for grabs if things aren't going his way. If you can pull that deal off and flip Maclin or one of your other WR's to make your starting lineup better. Not sure how active your league is in trading and try to find a team that needs a WR. I've gotten burned in the past trying to flip a player and I end up sitting a great player on my bench.

Keep blowing out teams and winning the division = benching during fantasy playoffs?

They won't sit him if they're playing for home field advantage. If your championship game is week 16 you don't have much to worry about

Ok, so this all started because i feel like i'm week at rb2/flex. I have the extra qb, but the only two teams in my league that need a qb have wrs, but no qbs. so i figured i would try to trade a qb for wr....then turn around a wr to get another rb.

imo...

Gosh the Brady hype is unreal. I wish the people in the league I have him in felt the same way as all of you do. I can't get rid of him, and you're being offered Maclin? That's insane. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Sure, Gronk seeing more snaps has helped Brady, and the Patriots naturally improve as the season goes on but these past couple weeks have been against what were already poor pass defenses. Of course Brady was going to look good. That could extend into this week against the Broncos, though I could see it being less eventful than past Brady vs. Manning battles. After that, Brady has a Bye and then lots and lots of middle-to-top pass defenses with virtually no especially good matchups. Brady is Brady and he'll still be solid... not as bad as a Fantasy QB as he was at the start of the season. But significant upgrade over Cutler? Well, Cutler Marshall and Lynch for that matter don't have favorable schedules, but Maclin's is pretty good and I consider him a Top 10 WR.

Given the choice between your current team and a lineup along the lines of this? I'm liking this one more:

Cutler

Lynch

Lacy

Maclin

Jordy

Gordon

Denard

Lafell

Though you might try to get Palmer if he's on Waivers as a backup plan for those tough matchups Chicago has. Patterson's not worthy keeping...