Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#winning

Accept or reject: Brady for Maclin?

Maclin just had his best game..so dude is trying to move him. Brady is on fire now. And I'd pass on Lynch he's not playing well and I think Marshall bounces back.

imo...

Gosh the Brady hype is unreal. I wish the people in the league I have him in felt the same way as all of you do. I can't get rid of him, and you're being offered Maclin? That's insane. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Sure, Gronk seeing more snaps has helped Brady, and the Patriots naturally improve as the season goes on but these past couple weeks have been against what were already poor pass defenses. Of course Brady was going to look good. That could extend into this week against the Broncos, though I could see it being less eventful than past Brady vs. Manning battles. After that, Brady has a Bye and then lots and lots of middle-to-top pass defenses with virtually no especially good matchups. Brady is Brady and he'll still be solid... not as bad as a Fantasy QB as he was at the start of the season. But significant upgrade over Cutler? Well, Cutler Marshall and Lynch for that matter don't have favorable schedules, but Maclin's is pretty good and I consider him a Top 10 WR.

Given the choice between your current team and a lineup along the lines of this? I'm liking this one more:

Cutler

Lynch

Lacy

Maclin

Jordy

Gordon

Denard

Lafell

Though you might try to get Palmer if he's on Waivers as a backup plan for those tough matchups Chicago has. Patterson's not worthy keeping...

#1 QB the last 4 weeks. Yes the hype is real.

imo...

Gosh the Brady hype is unreal. I wish the people in the league I have him in felt the same way as all of you do. I can't get rid of him, and you're being offered Maclin? That's insane. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Sure, Gronk seeing more snaps has helped Brady, and the Patriots naturally improve as the season goes on but these past couple weeks have been against what were already poor pass defenses. Of course Brady was going to look good. That could extend into this week against the Broncos, though I could see it being less eventful than past Brady vs. Manning battles. After that, Brady has a Bye and then lots and lots of middle-to-top pass defenses with virtually no especially good matchups. Brady is Brady and he'll still be solid... not as bad as a Fantasy QB as he was at the start of the season. But significant upgrade over Cutler? Well, Cutler Marshall and Lynch for that matter don't have favorable schedules, but Maclin's is pretty good and I consider him a Top 10 WR.

Given the choice between your current team and a lineup along the lines of this? I'm liking this one more:

Cutler

Lynch

Lacy

Maclin

Jordy

Gordon

Denard

Lafell

Though you might try to get Palmer if he's on Waivers as a backup plan for those tough matchups Chicago has. Patterson's not worthy keeping...

#1 QB the last 4 weeks. Yes the hype is real.

Yea Wislon probably had the highest PPG from weeks 3-7, also a four game span: 25.25. Romo had 23.25 PPG in a four-game span last year. Foles had 21.75 and that's if you don't count his 7 TD game, otherwise he had a six-game streak of 28.75 PPG and then finished with 18 and 16. Then again, how often does 5 TDs like this last week happen, either? 20.75 by Big Ben through four last year. Wasn't even a Top 10 QB. Alex Smith had 21.5 PPG over five games. Brady himself had a five game span where he averaged 22.25 PPG last year but finished behind Foles and Ben among QBs.

26.5 PPG is impressive. He is Brady. I get it. He should finish the season as a Top 10 QB thanks to those numbers. But Top 3 or 4? I actually don't think so. And I definitely don't think he finishes in the Top 5 ROS. Luck Manning Rodgers Brees Stafford all finish in front of him. He competes with Rivers Wilson Cutler etc for Top 10.
Brady's still an awesome IRL QB and Gronk is amazing, too, but that offense still isn't among the best in the league. And imagine if injury-prone Gronk went down. Brady could be back on the waiver wire in some leagues hahah (Should've never been there in the first place.)

Brady is on fire, but so is Maclin, that's a tough trade...I wouldn't do it, that Brady to Gronk combo every week looks pretty powerful for you. And Im a huge Maclin fan right now, he's been pretty awesome

Ya I agree, the challenge is that no one needs brady, except for two teams who only have a bunch of good wrs and no good rbs. So I'm trying to get what I can....

More opinions????

Definitely do Cutler if he would do that... but he won't. Brady's being valued for his name as much as anything.

You could always pick up Maclin and trade away one of your WRs after that deal for an RB...

hey

I already posted. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. Cutler has been consistently good in FANTASY. Top 5 qb in the first 8 weeks. this isn't some fluky game, it's been half a season. He sucks and turns the ball over like no other in real life, so unless you're heavily penalized for turnovers (my league is -1 for INT -2 for fumbles) take that trade immediately. Maclin, through 8 weeks (INCLUDING HIS BYE!!!) has produced more pts then Dez Bryant. He has 2 games under 8 FPPS in standard leagues. Look, brady has killed it the past month but what if he goes back to September Brady? Remember, last year brady wasn't crazy good in fantasy football as well. The marginal difference between keeping Cutler (avg'ing 18.64 FPPS/GM THRU 8 weeks) and upgrading to Maclin (14.2 FPPS/GM, albeit 1 crazy outlier 30 pt game) is HUGE compared to keeping both QBs and not getting any return on one since you can't play both. As long as Maclin is healthy he's going to continue putting up WR1 #'s or at worst high-WR2 #'s.

Make that deal. I would. there's your answer.

JustPassingThru, I completely agree. Just tough to hear the majority of responses go with keeping brady. I don't want to doubt myself, but i also think you guys aren't all dumb.

Anyone else?

Getting maclin for Brady is robbery you better do it boss