Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radrfan4evr

Braun or BUtler

I am in a keeper league and already have young keepers such as Alex Gordon, Carlos Quentin and Homer Bailey. I am anticipating a roster move on Yovanni Gallardo at some point this season and that only leaves me with one left ( i have since put in a claim for Hunter Pence). Who do you guys hold in higher regard Ryan Braun 3b Mil, or Billy Butler who just got the call. Let me know THANKS!!

you already have gordon, so why would you need braun at 3B. if you're just going for value thats a tough call. butler has the swing and approach to eventually be a batting champ while supplying 30-35 HRs, whereas braun could put up good numbers in both power and speed (possibly 20 SBs).

i think i'd go with butler cuz i think he'll hit for higher average and will just be more consistent across the board.

I am in a keeper league and already have young keepers such as Alex Gordon, Carlos Quentin and Homer Bailey. I am anticipating a roster move on Yovanni Gallardo at some point this season and that only leaves me with one left ( i have since put in a claim for Hunter Pence). Who do you guys hold in higher regard Ryan Braun 3b Mil, or Billy Butler who just got the call. Let me know THANKS!!

I'd have to agree, that if you already had Gordon, Butler is a better choice. The only problem with that is you'll start to stockpile Royals. I'm not sure if that's ever good!!!!!

that is the main reason I am going with braun becasue i really dont need more royals..Braun will probably bring jsut as much power and average with more speed, I can alwaya play both gordon and braun...isnt that what UTIL spots are for lol thanks guys

Braun is going to be the overall better player. He'll grab you more steals and he'll hit for power and average and (likely) play a vital position at 3B.

Butler will be a career DH, but can rake. He's probably a better 'pure' hitter, but I'd say Braun has more value.

Can't go wrong either way though.