Dakines

Rotoworld's blurb 'consistency'

Jarrett Jack's name has popped up in a three-way trade rumor which would send him to Charlotte.

His fantasy value would be crippled behind Kemba Walker. If he is dealt, Darius Morris would be Deron Williams backup, so the Nets would certainly be making it clear they're entering the Atlantic Division tank race. Jack is still worth owning in all leagues until a deal is finalized. No deal is imminent.

The Nets will have Atlanta's pick so no, they are not entering the tank race.

rotoworld, if you're reading this, i have seven years' experience as a professional writer. let me in there.

rotoworld, if you're reading this, i have seven years' experience as a professional writer. let me in there.

I would imagine you're over qualified. Writing players sports blurbs doesn't require professional writing experience. I think what would be more helpful is to have someone who has maybe played sports, is very into sports, and more importantly understands the in and outs of the game and how the game actually works. Someone who's on top of everything going on in the league from a personnel/team standpoint. Not just some stat junkie that really isn't that knowledgeable about the details of the game and tries to comprehend it, and convey their ideas solely through stats, that they themselves are running in circles trying to figure out the reason behind. Like there's some grand formula or something.

James Young (illness) will not play on Monday against the Clippers.

He missed practice on Sunday and the Celtics will just hold him out. Young will not get big minutes with the roster the way it currently is and he really has a ton of work to do on offense, so he's on a stash in extremely deep leagues.

On offense?

Are they getting paid per click on those blurbs?

That's the only reason I can think of as to why those blurbs are so frequent and retarded.

Have read some really dumb s--- especially blurbs on prospects, the one above is a prime example.

They also had one where they said that Grant Jarrett isn't worth owning with Westbrook and Jackson healthy. Jarrett is a stretch four out of Arizona. Diante Garrett is the D-league PG they were referring to.

You shouldn't get paid for this.

Also does anyone love noticing the countless grammatical and spelling errors in updates immediately after games ?

Hey, a lot of guys drink beer while watching games on TV. Why would the RW blurb guys be any different?

haha i wouldnt doubt if they did have a few...

srsly some of their blurbs that happen at night are VERY bad:

Maybe I am just misreading the latest WesJohnson update but i had to scratch my head reading this:

"The money counting stats save the line but the overall impact is to reduce his standing in standard leagues. He should be owned in most of them, but even a low-level free agent is worth considering with Johnson lacking upside."

• Like 1

Also does anyone love noticing the countless grammatical and spelling errors in updates immediately after games ?

This is one of my pet peeves. UGH. Makes them look so dirty and cheap and their advice stupid and sophomoric. I mean they get PAID to do this for a living and they provide us with tabloid-like quality of news with grammatical mistakes more consistent than their advice. Sorry but this is so true; I live in an Asian country and even my university's school paper writes more professionally than they do. I understand they have to rush these blurbs everyday but man some of their mistakes can be prevented by simple spell and grammar check in Word! Anyways, I always think that I can do a better job so if any of you reading this are from Rotoworld --- hello I'm available.

Hey, a lot of guys drink beer while watching games on TV. Why would the RW blurb guys be any different?

Maybe I am just misreading the latest WesJohnson update but i had to scratch my head reading this:

"The money counting stats save the line but the overall impact is to reduce his standing in standard leagues. He should be owned in most of them, but even a low-level free agent is worth considering with Johnson lacking upside."

hahaha yea... that's one of the best ones I've seen Edited by Oros97

If they had just found a way to use "shut down" in that blurb, it would be the GOAT RW blurb.

Roto blurb after Exum's 'big game' and starting gig:
Dante Exum moved into the starting lineup and scored a career-high 15 points against the Bucks on Thursday with five assists and a career-high five 3-pointers in 35 minutes.
He's a career 30.1 percent shooter from deep, so this was a major shock to see him make more than three treys for the first time in his career. Exum also ran the point even when he played next to Trey Burke tonight and matched his career high in dimes (this is his seventh five-dime game this season). His minutes are clearly climbing and he's on the radar in deeper leagues. The steals aren't there and he's likely going to shoot around 40 percent from the field this season, so he's not a great add in standard leagues yet. Jan 23 - 12:29 AM
Then you have Dr. A's Daily Dose recommendation snippets:

"Exum had a big game. Stop reading this and go pick him up if he’s still available in your league."
"Exum had a career-high 15 points, five dimes and a career-high five 3-pointers, and whether the move to the bench is permanent or not for Burke, Exum looks like the pickup of the day."
Yup, that's after Exum has his FIRST start and his career high 15. Hasn't shot well, doesn't steal the ball or pass well, doesn't really shoot treys too much. Burke isn't injured either and still got minutes. And did I mention he never came close to hitting double digits since Jan 5 (two weeks ago), with donuts in two of those games, and a total of 7 double-digit scoring games on the season?
Edited by MWon
  • Like 1

Sorry, I shouldn't be vindictive to Dr A, ESPECIALLY when Bruski is STILL holding onto O'Quinn. I'm not going to quote him, nor provide roto blurbs for O'Quinn, but just look at O'Quinn's box score and add that to the fact that some 'roto expert' is still holding the guy in a 12-teamer. Be a man and admit you were wrong about someone you ranked 79th for fantasy purposes. -_-

• Like 1

Sorry, I shouldn't be vindictive to Dr A, ESPECIALLY when Bruski is STILL holding onto O'Quinn. I'm not going to quote him, nor provide roto blurbs for O'Quinn, but just look at O'Quinn's box score and add that to the fact that some 'roto expert' is still holding the guy in a 12-teamer. Be a man and admit you were wrong about someone you ranked 79th for fantasy purposes. -_-

It's even crazier to think about it when you consider no one in his league would snipe KOQ even if he did drop him for a streamer....

He doesn't release his money leagues, only his yahoo and friends one. That one isn't updated/taken seriously by any of the writers since no one really checks up on it last time I saw it.

Did the Lakers win or lose tonight. Both my ESPN and yahoo apps say Charlotte won 104-103 but all the lakers blurbs said they won with lins 3 point shot and all the Hornets blurbs say they suffered disappointing loss

• Like 1

Al Jefferson racked up 21 points, 16 rebounds, three steals and one block on Tuesday, but it wasn't enough to prevent a disappointing home loss to the Lakers. Lol

Dieng is a must start while Pek can be dropped even though he will give it a go on Wed?

Dieng is a must start while Pek can be dropped even though he will give it a go on Wed?

LOL, yeah i read that blurb about dropping Pek - and was like whoa.. There's not even a timetable yet.. Get off Dieng for one second..

RW blurb writers have used the "Congratulations are in order" line for Pau about 10 times this season.

Would it kill you to come up with a different way to say "nice pick"?

Edited by GriffeySwag

RW blurb writers have used the "Congratulations are in order" line for Pau about 10 times this season.

Would it kill you to come up with a different way to say "nice pick"?

I cry everytime I read something about Pau this season.

That time they said Snell was a must own, even over Mirotic. I know I could beat some of these writers in whatever league they play in. Their advice is so insane at times.