Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MelTurpin

Robert Covington 2014-2015 Season Outlook

About his 4-year contract, you have to see how much of it is guaranteed. Chances are only his first year is guaranteed,meaning that they can easily cut him next year at a very low cost.

About his 4-year contract, you have to see how much of it is guaranteed. Chances are only his first year is guaranteed,meaning that they can easily cut him next year at a very low cost.

I believe first 2 years are guaranteed, 3rd non-guaranteed, 4th team option.

Being signed to a 4 year deal means nothing for the Sixers. They signed Jerami Grant, Jakarr Sampson, Casper Ware, Elliot Williams, Hollis Thompson, Brandon Davies, Ron Roberts to long term deals, and not all of those guys are playing 30 mins. Heck, 3 of those guys have been cut.

even long-term, I'm not sure if I see enough minutes with this guy unless some players go down with injuries tbh. He has weak competition..but would need to clearly outshine the others to get the PT

This. There's very weak competition at his position, and there are almost no consistent scoring options in that team. I'm not saying he's going to be their number 1 scorer but with the way 76ers are right now, he has a legit chance to be the 2nd/3rd option as it is.

Is he worth tho over mcdaniels? I don't know if I can carry two 76er projects on my team...

If Covington truly challenges KJM for what little mintues he already has, than neither of them will be a consistent source of fantasy value.

I'm watching for that aspect tonight. Sub patterns, how short the leash is, who passes to each of them, and who they pass too. Team chemistry is a big aspect of Fantasy. Especially if Covington makes life easier for other 76ers, and he completes opportunities when provided (everyone knows how much it sucks in pick up when you give a guy a sweet dish where he is wide open and he just bricks it, and how awesome when he nails it). That also affects the quality of minutes played.

he's more of a wait and see unless you're in a deeper league. the potential for minutes and production is there. he played enough minutes in the first game to hold onto him and he was the best player on the court for the Sixers if you watched the game. it also showed in the box score. he was the only sixer with a positive +/- rating. he will start eating into davies, mbah a moute, thompson, etc minutes. he's listed as a PF on yahoo and should gain SF soon. getting 3's from the PF spot is where the value lies. he will also give you a couple rebounds, assists, and steals also a block here and there. i'm holding for a couple more games and he'd have to look really bad for me to drop him. I think this is a great situation for him to thrive. just give him at least 5 games to see how the minutes look. maybe he goes off tonight who knows.

for those not watching let us know of ure analysis!

I feel terrible for him and his teammates for having to play with that black hole TOny Wroten

what a joke of a player Wroten us, comes on and throws up shot after terrible shot... youre a point guard Tony try passing the ball and involving your team mates you loser.

Active on defense. Was able to jump the passing lane, and draw a clear path foul. Drained a right wing three a minute ago.

I'm really confused as to all the hype. I'm also really confused as to why almost every league I'm in, jumped on this guy. Rotoworld must be more popular than I thought.

I'm really confused as to all the hype. I'm also really confused as to why almost every league I'm in, jumped on this guy. Rotoworld must be more popular than I thought.

As a Sixers fan, I'm excited to have Covington because he has contributor potential and an actual skill, not only raw athleticism. He has shown that he can actually space the floor, even if it's only in the D-league. However, just because the Sixers are a hot mess doesn't mean he's gonna instantly become Ryan Anderson or Terrence Jones for them, so I am in agreement with you.

So far his SF competitor, KJ McDaniels has shown that he can also space the floor at league average, albeit not necessarily in volume. That is fine for the Sixers, since he's still effective and they could develop him Kawhi Leonard style by developing his range slowly. My current concern with KJ's 3pt shooting is that none of it from the corners, supposedly the "easier shots". His current conversion rate might be unsustainable if he keeps having to shoot from the wings.

Second outing was a disappointment. I wouldn't mind a crappy line as long as his minutes went up, but that didn't happen tonight. I'm gonna hold and monitor him for another game or two before I make a final call.

The problem with the Sixers is there are too many players in the rotation. Unless he's an ultra efficient player, which I doubt, he's not going to be consistent with minutes or production to warrant all this hype.

Second outing was a disappointment. I wouldn't mind a crappy line as long as his minutes went up, but that didn't happen tonight. I'm gonna hold and monitor him for another game or two before I make a final call.

I'm in the same boat or else I'll move on.

Even worse. They put him in for the last few minutes of the half. Gotta burn a game.

I'm gonna stick with him, I know he will be worth the wait and sooner rather than later to boot aswell.

PERFECT buy-low candidate right now boys.

really dont see much potential here, will start him tonite and see if he can deliver.

He's getting steals in very limited minutes, can shoot the 3, and make FTs. The concern is minutes. He didn't enter the game until 3 minutes left in the half last night, down around 25. Worried if he's gonna play at all against the Knicks.

They didnt have a photo of him so they used Mbenga.

They've done that for years now (using other players photos for a guy). 2k's quality control has gone down the drain, they're just as bad as EA sports now.