Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glascock9

Few openings in competitive $$$ league

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

My fantasy baseball league is entering it's 6th year this season and we're looking for a couple of owners to take the place of a few people that have decided not to play this year. Our league has a very unique set up. I didn't think I'd like it at first but it turns out it is by far the most fun I've ever had playing a fantasy sport.

We use yahoo (with a live draft) and we have a 12 team league. We play head-to-head with 10x10 categories.

Offense:

Runs, singles, doubles, triples, home runs, rbi, walks, steals, strike outs, batting average

Pitching:

Wins, losses, saves, strike outs, walks, holds, saves, ERA, complete games, shut outs

There is a lot more strategy then a typical fantasy league because:

1) There is a 50 add limit to prevent from streaming pitchers

2) Players such as Curtis Granderson and Jimmy Rollins become MUCH more valuable because of their ability to rack up triples and pitchers such as C.C. Sabathia and Roy Halladay can single handedly win you a week if they pitch a complete game shut out

The entry fee to join the league is $100. The payouts usually go something like:

$75 for finishing first place in the regular season

$400 for first place

$200 for second place

$100 for third place

It's up to our commish for how exactly how he sets it up but it will fall somewhere along these lines.

If you're interested, please contact me on AOL IM at BlazinHotonFiya or e-mail directly at glascock10@comcast.net.

Thanks.