Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parrothead

What sports radio shows do you listen to?

Lots of choices these days, many markets have 2-3 stations devoted to sports radio, with one usually getting the national stuff and the satellite radio you have Mad Dog and Fantasy sports radio.

I was a fan of John Feinstein's morning show, but its going off the air, I guess I should of seen it coming, when the same caller (Hayden from VA) can get in daily to a national talk show, probably means they aren't attracting enough dialogue.

I like the Herd, I think Colin does a good job of pushing ideas and discussion past the monday morning meatheads.

In Northern California, two shows very good Tolbert's show and then Gary/Larry mid morning

Radio died a long time ago for me.................. What have I been missing? Do those losers Mike and Mike still have a can of corn show?

Radio died a long time ago for me.................. What have I been missing? Do those losers Mike and Mike still have a can of corn show?

AM radio is alive and well my friend. You being from Chicago should know 670 is the best AM or FM station around. FM radio has been dead for years.

I like the Herd, I think Colin does a good job of pushing ideas and discussion past the monday morning meatheads.

Not anymore. ESPN pulled the plug on him, but its more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/espn_dumps_colin_cowherd_early_over_dominican_comm.html#incart_river

should have been fired a long time ago

Cowherd is truly the biggest dips**t in sports radio. Just a complete waste. Anytime I hear him on the radio, I want to throw a haymaker at the radio. Absolutely detest the guy as a radio host.

I just can't listen to any ESPN radio. Mike and Mike are good but too many commercials. ESPNyou couldn't pay me to listen to cowherd. My local shows are Kay and then I don't even know anymore at night.

I do like Roberts and beningo midday on wfan and boomer and carton in the morning. Afternoon its a choice between francessa or Kay on radio so lesser of two evils isnon 660

I mostly listen to podcasts now, since my commute is all by train/subway. Come football season I'll listen to Francessa on Sunday mornings when I get the chance.

Had a friend telling me earlier today Mike and the Mad Dog may be re-uniting. Any truth behind this? Haven't really researched too much into it to be honest. Is it more of a long shot type of deal or is there legitimate truth to this rumor?

Had a friend telling me earlier today Mike and the Mad Dog may be re-uniting. Any truth behind this? Haven't really researched too much into it to be honest. Is it more of a long shot type of deal or is there legitimate truth to this rumor?

Ha, that would be awesome. It would take about two weeks for them to hate one another again.

Mike addressed it the other day. Said while he would listen to anything, the chances are very, very small.

I feel kinda spoiled growing up in the NY-NJ area because the radio shows on WFAN absolutely blow the ESPN guys out of the water.

Francesa is not what he once was but his show is still great. Joe and Evan in the mid-day are solid, Steve Somers in the evening, John Jastremski doing weekend overnights (future star)... once you listen to these guys you'll never go back to listening to trash like Mike and Mike, Cowherd, etc

Canadian here - Tim & Sid for all my Toronto area sports coverage.

Mike addressed it the other day. Said while he would listen to anything, the chances are very, very small.

I feel kinda spoiled growing up in the NY-NJ area because the radio shows on WFAN absolutely blow the ESPN guys out of the water.

Francesa is not what he once was but his show is still great. Joe and Evan in the mid-day are solid, Steve Somers in the evening, John Jastremski doing weekend overnights (future star)... once you listen to these guys you'll never go back to listening to trash like Mike and Mike, Cowherd, etc

Of course he is going to say that, keep the price going up. I like them both, but they were better together.

Not anymore. ESPN pulled the plug on him, but its more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/espn_dumps_colin_cowherd_early_over_dominican_comm.html#incart_river

should have been fired a long time ago

Interesting, so out here there was a guy who was fired for saying he was tired of watching "brain dead carribean hitters hack at slop nightly" He eventually came back to the station several years later.