Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deep Brain Stimulation

Hassan Whiteside 2014-2015 Season Outlook

For those in ridiculously deep leagues...

Played 16 minutes last night in a close game and went 3-3 for 6 points, with 7 rebounds, 2 steals, and a block... only issue is he committed 5 fouls. He averaged 5.4 blocks in college (including a 13 block game) and 5.1 when he was in China. Could he potentially carve out a role in the low post alongside Bosh? I wouldn't think it's a stretch to see him get the most minutes out of Birdman, Haslem, and Justin Hamilton...

Coach's take:

“That’s a bright spot,” Spoelstra said. “He’s been working extremely hard. We haven’t had many training camp-type practices, so we haven’t really seen him compete. He’s really spent the last few weeks working on his conditioning. He passed our conditioning test about 10 days ago, which was very impressive.

“He’s working on strength training and trying to fast track with our system as much as possible, but you can see the skillset he has is different and something that we need.”

At 7-foot, 265 pounds, he is the biggest player on Miami’s roster.

I picked him up after that game in my 30 team dynasty. I really hope he can turn into a high rebounder high block type of guy. I could really use those stats. And any points he scores would just be a bonus. Anyone know how he is on free throws? Does he have a offensive game or is he a Tyson chandler type player?

I had no idea this guy was still in the league.

I recently snagged Joel Freeland in my super deep leagues, but I'll give this guy a look too, especially with his NC roots.

bump for tonights game. i really hope he plays and gets 20 mins . the centers in miami arent exactly studs.

2 blocks in 5 mins. Only if he got 20 mins a game.

Had to scoop him in my 20 team leagues after watching that first half.. 6 points, 4 boards and 3 blocks in 13 minutes. His minutes have been trending up lately as well.

he will be starting within 2 weeks you would think

a fossilized Birdman isn't exactly much competition and Whiteside has been very productive with nice upside

Hot start tonight for Hassan

Glad to see this kid getting an opportunity. Huge upside going forward and a lot of minutes on the way

Glad to see this kid getting an opportunity. Huge upside going forward and a lot of minutes on the way

Stock no love for guards? All I see here is your hard on for bigs :3 Where's the support for the little guys?!

Stock no love for guards? All I see here is your hard on for bigs :3 Where's the support for the little guys?!

I think its just a coincidence lol

ft% killer?

10-23 in the 4 games leading up to tonight, so yes.

I have him, Plumlee, and Drummond on one of my teams, might have to get used to my FT% dipping lower than my FG%

Career high 27 minutes and first career double-double, with 5 blocks and 1 steal on 71% from the field. Juicy

27 mins today cos birdman was injured for a bit i think. i wanna c a few consistent games in 20 mins. either way though seems good for maybe 8-7 and 1.5 blocks min. with food FG%. FT wont reallly hurt u i dont think.

I love stories like this. Here's a 7-footer, who got drafted with the 33rd overall pick in 2010, hardly saw the court before going down with a season-ending knee injury and tendon surgery.

Rest of the story is about the long climb back. D-league, China, Lebanon (!). So suddenly, we have a 7-foot rim protector on a pro team that runs Birdman and Haslem. What an opportunity.

Love it.

As for his game, he has few post moves, but hustle putbacks, lobs and blocks are worth a lot.

FT% may hurt but this kid's stock is on the ground floor. If it starts heading up he can be traded. If you've got the space why not? I dropped Jerebko for him, let's see what happens.

Just dropped Smart for this kid. Hopefully he gets minutes.

I live in Florida and watch the Heat and this guy is absolutely legit and will get 25+ minutes. He reminds me a bunch of Deandre Jordan/Rudy Gobert. The announcers talked about him constantly, it seemed like every 30 seconds he was making a play. It's also like the 4th or 5th game in a row he's played well in and he continues to keep getting better too. He has the potential to be an absolute monster and he's better than birdman and will eventually start. I don't think he busts a big percent of the time and the reward far outweighs the risk. Pick him up immediately.

I live in Florida and watch the Heat and this guy is absolutely legit and will get 25+ minutes. He reminds me a bunch of Deandre Jordan/Rudy Gobert. The announcers talked about him constantly, it seemed like every 30 seconds he was making a play. It's also like the 4th or 5th game in a row he's played well in and he continues to keep getting better too. He has the potential to be an absolute monster and he's better than birdman and will eventually start. I don't think he busts a big percent of the time and the reward far outweighs the risk. Pick him up immediately.

His stat line today reminds me of Gobert. Also who's he competing with for minutes?