Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deep Brain Stimulation

Hassan Whiteside 2014-2015 Season Outlook

Hassan Whiteside (hand) is listed as doubtful for Wednesday's game vs. the Celtics.

Whiteside needed 10 stitches and couldn't feel his hand after leaving Tuesday's game vs. the Bucks, so this isn't that surprising. Chris Andersen is dealing with a left calf injury and is considered questionable, meaning the Heat could potentially be shorthanded once again. Michael Beasley is expected to draw the start alongside Udonis Haslem in the frontcourt if Whiteside can't play, so owners in daily leagues should give him a look. Expect another update closer to tip-off.

Mar 25 - 12:22 PM

Not looking good for rest of weekm doubtful followed by questionable on fri likely. Let's hope he recovers enough in the next few days othererwise drop time

Out of curiosity, do you guys still think that Whiteside has been the best WW pick up of the year? Cause a month ago everyone was going crazy so just want to know where you guys stand at the moment

Out of curiosity, do you guys still think that Whiteside has been the best WW pick up of the year? Cause a month ago everyone was going crazy so just want to know where you guys stand at the moment

My ranking of the top 3 WW pickups are:

1. Gobert

2. Whiteside

3. Covington

1. Gobert

2. Whiteside

3. Covington

middleton should be in there too

I drafted Gobert so I'd have to give it to Middleton.

And IMHO Covington is massively overrated by rotoworlders.

Guy just hasn't been nearly as good as some of you make it seem.

I would put

Middleton

Gobert

Covington

Whiteside

Covington has been playing well since start of the season, Whiteside only started playing 7 weeks ago or something and has been up and down. I get it how people are going crazy for him but he does provide a lot but I just don't draft players who have bad FT% records so that's y I don't have him as high. (have in mind I'm playing in a roto league so don't like punting a category)

1. Gobert

2. Whiteside

3. Covington

middleton should be in there too

Jeez, I completely forgot about Middleton, my fault. Including him,

1. Gobert

2. Middleton

3. Whiteside

4. Covington

I wouldn't contend that Covington has been massively overrated. He's been a top 50 play for almost the entire season up until about a week or two ago.

it's playoffs (second round)...10 stitches, not being able to feel his hand...doesn't sound to comfortable for me can't afford players not playing at this time of the season had to drop for dwight despite minute limits should still be descent, next season he'll be mine again

Does Covington still count when he's fuking owners over when it matters most?

I wouldn't contend that Covington has been massively overrated. He's been a top 50 play for almost the entire season up until about a week or two ago.
I'm not saying he's been bad or that he's not one of the better wire pickups of the year.

But the way he was hyped in his thread was just a bit much for me.

Meanwhile Middleton's thread was fairly quiet in comparison when he was putting up superior numbers albeit similar numbers but in a much more efficient manner.

Or maybe it annoys me when owners just lose all semblance of objectivity and a thread degenerates into a circle jerk.

I owned Covington FWIW but I stayed clear of that thread. So much nonsense.

It's a shot blocker versus a well rounded wing. Those tend to generate most of the hype since the Larry Sander days; if a guy can win you a cat every week by himself he's gonna get noticed. Same with Gobert; those types of guys who can overtake a category by himself are usually more valued. KM was awesome but points and 3s weren't going to go your way every week with him. Owning Gobert or HW almost gave blocks/rebounds to you.

At any rate he's still a GTD. Chances are he plays Friday so if your lineup is stacked tonight, you can Prob afford the hold. Sunday looks more and more like a last resort. Don't see him missing more games than that.

I'm not saying he's been bad or that he's not one of the better wire pickups of the year.

But the way he was hyped in his thread was just a bit much for me.

Meanwhile Middleton's thread was fairly quiet in comparison when he was putting up superior numbers albeit similar numbers but in a much more efficient manner.

Or maybe it annoys me when owners just lose all semblance of objectivity and a thread degenerates into a circle jerk.

I owned Covington FWIW but I stayed clear of that thread. So much nonsense.

I agree. It was fun while it lasted though lol.

Add Reddick to the list for me. Great wire pick up

Meh... I could really use his lines this week, smh. Not sure what to do here, but he's probably a hold until we know more?

I'd like to know more about his injury, it seems to be rather vague? Any predicitions how long he will be out?

Meh... I could really use his lines this week, smh. Not sure what to do here, but he's probably a hold until we know more?

I'd like to know more about his injury, it seems to be rather vague? Any predicitions how long he will be out?

10 stitches from a laceration, not being able to feel his main hand just don't sound good, I don't think its a matter of how long he's out but how long you can be depending on where you are in playoffs without him. Was fun while it lasted but had to drop for production now.

10 stitches from a laceration, not being able to feel his main hand just don't sound good, I don't think its a matter of how long he's out but how long you can be depending on where you are in playoffs without him. Was fun while it lasted but had to drop for production now.

I feel ya. (Risking a CSB here:) I'm in a pretty shallow league and I could replace most of what he does, but obviously not the blocks. I'd hate to hear that he will only be out for a a few days so it comes back to bite me in the a** next week when my opponent picks him up.

Maybe we'll hear something prior to tipoff tonight?

I feel ya. (Risking a CSB here:) I'm in a pretty shallow league and I could replace most of what he does, but obviously not the blocks. I'd hate to hear that he will only be out for a a few days so it comes back to bite me in the a** next week when my opponent picks him up.

already ruled out and doubtful for Friday, best case scenario he plays Sunday but thats only best case scenario

already ruled out and doubtful for Friday, best case scenario he plays Sunday but thats only best case scenario

Wait where is the doubtful Friday tag? Heat Beat writers are saying he might be back by then. Guess it's a wait and see approach? Can't find the doubtful news on Friday on him anywhere yet.

https://twitter.com/PBPjasonlieser/status/580858036840980480

But it's probably another GTD and at this rate won't be too shocked to see him out then too. To Sunday it is!

But it's probably another GTD and at this rate won't be too shocked to see him out then too. To Sunday it is!

Thanks for the above post, could not find doubtfel tag either.

Lolled at this:

Heat additionally rule out Chalmers (pulled a muscle flossing), Ennis (Uber driver got lost) and Walker (Benjamin Button disease).

I've seen a lot of basketball in my life and this season has to be one of the few where so many teams are suiting up 8-9 men only. Minnesota, Miami, NY at one point; that's way too many teams barely above the league mandated minimum (8) for bodies. Throw in OKC earlier in the year and that's a good portion of the league with bare bones.

This doubtful note for fri doesn't sound promising. Will see how today goes but feel it's more likely he Is out

I've seen a lot of basketball in my life and this season has to be one of the few where so many teams are suiting up 8-9 men only. Minnesota, Miami, NY at one point; that's way too many teams barely above the league mandated minimum (8) for bodies. Throw in OKC earlier in the year and that's a good portion of the league with bare bones.

Can't tell if I'm being a prisoner of the moment, but it feels like with each new season, the frequency and severity of injuries, across the league, increases.

Heat reporter after the game stated he thinks hassan is doubtful for fri. Sound very close to drop time if ur in a close matchup