Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deep Brain Stimulation

Hassan Whiteside 2014-2015 Season Outlook

so is gobert ahead of this guy? whiteside doesnt have the minutes yet to be picked over gobert right?

Man, nice highlights. Im tempted on dropping Len for him. And i have Nurkic too although i think he's the better stash than Len atm. You guys think he''ll be starting soon?

His stat line today reminds me of Gobert. Also who's he competing with for minutes?

Birdman, Haslem, and Justin Hamilton lol. Not exactly stiff competition

Birdman is 36, Haslem has been picking up DNPs, and Hamilton is dealing with a concussion

"... I'm Mr. Whiteside."

Man, nice highlights. Im tempted on dropping Len for him. And i have Nurkic too although i think he's the better stash than Len atm. You guys think he''ll be starting soon?

Whether or not Len starts, i don't think it matters since they are both limited in minutes. I also made the switch dropping len for whiteside too, if that helps.

Excited to hop on the whiteside and nurkic train

What's the deal with his FT% though? Looking at his D League (1-2, 2-3, 4-4, 0-2) and summer league (1-2, 3-4, 4-4) stats he's actually alright, unlike his NBA season thus far (horrible ft).

What's the deal with his FT% though? Looking at his D League (1-2, 2-3, 4-4, 0-2) and summer league (1-2, 3-4, 4-4) stats he's actually alright, unlike his NBA season thus far (horrible ft).

Maybe NBA jitters?

College = 58% on 5.5 attempts

NBA this season = 42%, last week 50% on 4.5 attempts

Can't seem to locate Lebanon league stats other than he was averaging around 15 boards per game - anyone have his d-league stats?

I'm intrigued by this guy but don't like adding a 45-60% moderate to high volume free throw shooter. Great pick for teams tanking FT% though!

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, January 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, January 5, 2015 - No reason given

Is Mozgov droppable for him?

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, January 5, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, January 5, 2015 - No reason given

Is Mozgov droppable for him?

Yea, with Nurkic beasting there, and no one to stop Whiteside on the Heat.

I don't think his ft% will be 40% bad. He has a respectable jumper, something 40-50% ft shooters do not ever have. I suspect he will be around the 55-60% mark over a bigger sample. Also even if he is at 50% he won't have that many attempts so it's workable.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, January 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, January 6, 2015 - No reason given

yeah I've jumped on board in my keeper league... dropped Tyler Zeller, who has been great over the past month but seems unreliable now with the crowded Boston front court.

This should be fun - still can't believe this guy averaged over 5 blocks per game in college, ridiculous!

I have the best FT% in the league (thanks Harden, Kemba, Klay, Swaggy etc) so can probably take the hit, but as @NancyPants mentioned he could be great to trade away at some stage to a team tanking FT%...

good luck lads, hopefully this pans out nicely.

i have him. he will definitely make you punt ft% thats for sure. he shoots A LOT OF FREE THROWS at horrible %. so yes you need to punt ft for sure. but like dynasty999 said, he does seem to have a semi decent jumper so he might improve his ft% over time.

Anyone else just anxious to see him play? This wait seems like forever...

Tbh I don't think he's gonna get enough minutes, and his FT kills.

Just a poor man's DJ, if your league is counting FT and your not punting it defs not worth picking up.

Sorry blob2004, disagree on the minutes comment - The coach has said he is no longer playing Bosh at centre, so that leaves 36 year old fossil birdman and perhaps Haslem as his competition (if you can call that competition!)

Yes he will hurt FT% but if you have strong FT shooters to offset it should be fine in H-2-H leagues - assuming he is low to moderate volume.

The dude is a shot blocking machine, and should be fantastic FG and solid in boards as well.

He looked amazing in the last game - I'm feeling good about his chances. Also, his 23 and has had to work hard for his opportunity, which is a big plus.

Let's give him a few weeks to see how this works out eh? ;)