Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazer

Oak Island

Anyone watching this show on History channel? It's interesting, and yet at the same time, a yawn fest since they, to this point, have found nothing. However, it's worth monitoring.

So, what's in the "money pit" or 10 X?

My guess, absolutely nothing.

What they want to find? Pirate gold, or lost antiquities like the Ark of the Covenant.

Some things they might find at the bottom:

1) A feisty crab with claws ready to fight

2) A small fish or two

3) QB Jay Cutler's brain

4) An old shoe

5) My 2012 FF draft plan ...

That said, anyone believe in this mystery? There could be something there ... that would be cool.

I remember years ago there was a show hypothesizing that it could be something buried by the Knights Templar. It seems a bit too elaborate for there to be nothing or for it to be a naturally formed pit so if/when they ever get to the bottom (which seems doubtful) it would be interesting to see what they find.

That said, I miss when the History channel actually had shows on regarding history. Now its all mysteries, aliens, apocalypse etc.

I remember years ago there was a show hypothesizing that it could be something buried by the Knights Templar. It seems a bit too elaborate for there to be nothing or for it to be a naturally formed pit so if/when they ever get to the bottom (which seems doubtful) it would be interesting to see what they find.

That said, I miss when the History channel actually had shows on regarding history. Now its all mysteries, aliens, apocalypse etc.

Well, they are suggesting there is some sort of tunnel that leads to a cavern, or room. If that's the case, I just don't see that. What kind of technology was available in the "old world" that would allow them to dig down 200 feet or so, dig access tunnels, and flood tunnels, and then secure a dry area to place the treasure?

Well, they are suggesting there is some sort of tunnel that leads to a cavern, or room. If that's the case, I just don't see that. What kind of technology was available in the "old world" that would allow them to dig down 200 feet or so, dig access tunnels, and flood tunnels, and then secure a dry area to place the treasure?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derinkuyu_underground_city#/search

People are mad smart.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derinkuyu_underground_city#/search

People are mad smart.

Well, that is "mad smart." We'll see if they find anything on Oak Island. My personal belief is that the Ark and other ancient Christian artifacts were destroyed by Islamist armies as they invaded and destroyed Christian and Jewish areas -- but, I do hope they find some pirate gold.