Sign in to follow this  
yort1919

Elvis Andrus 2015 Outlook

What kind of year can we expect out of Elvis Andrus? 20SB...30SB or does he crack 40SB? His average will still sit around .268 IMO. Whats your thoughts?

What kind of year can we expect out of Elvis Andrus? 20SB...30SB or does he crack 40SB? His average will still sit around .268 IMO. Whats your thoughts?

Well considering the guy is a career .272 hitter in the majors I would think at his age he could actually eclipse his career batting average.

I'm thinking he could be .280 36 SBs 100 R if that lineup is healthy.

That definitely sounds plausible if he's healthy... and everyone around him are as well.

It's hard to believe his been in the league 6 years already and still only 26. I wish the Rangers would experiment with his hitting approach, open up his stance, and tell him to pull the ball more. He focuses too much of slapping the ball the other way. There's untapped potential there just wasting away imo and it hard to believe he's already peaked as a player.

• Daniels said shortstop Elvis Andrus has been "very impressive" with his off-season workouts. Said Daniels, "He sat down with the staff at the end of the year and set out some physical conditioning goals and his routine. He met every one of those goals."

Source: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/108791358/texas-rangers-first-baseman-prince-fielder-is-cleared-by-doctors-to-participate-in-spring-training

I don't think we've seen his best yet. Could be a great late round pick. Would love him as a backup SS.

• Like 1

I would love him as my starting SS this year. I feel like he was always overvalued in drafts, and this year he might be under valued.

• Like 1

Not that anything is official that I've seen, but...

While he's been counted on as a quality top of the order SB and R asset the past few fantasy seasons, I have to wonder how much of a hit his value takes as he's *maybe* being pushed down in the order, likely batting 7th instead of 2nd.

He was interviewed during the game this afternoon and he brushed it off and said with the new coach he's willing to bat anywhere in the lineup to help the team.

Lineup recently:

Martin

Choo

Beltre

Fielder

Rua

Moreland

Andrus

Corporan/Chirinos

Odor

Edited by Pernil

While he's been counted on as a quality top of the order SB and R asset the past few fantasy seasons, I have to wonder how much of a hit his value takes as he's *maybe* being pushed down in the order, likely batting 7th instead of 2nd.

He was interviewed during the game this afternoon and he brushed it off and said with the new coach he's willing to bat anywhere in the lineup to help the team.

Lineup recently:

Martin

Choo

Beltre

Fielder

Rua

Moreland

Andrus

Corporan/Chirinos

Odor

The day before he was batting 2nd. I think this batting order will switch back and forth depending on matchups. If there's a lefty on the mound you might see him bat 2nd.

Lineup recently:

Martin

Choo

Beltre

Fielder

Rua

Moreland

Andrus

Corporan/Chirinos

Odor

The day before he was batting 2nd. I think this batting order will switch back and forth depending on matchups. If there's a lefty on the mound you might see him bat 2nd.

Lineups are hardly ever set in stone. I wonder why the fantasy world makes such a fuss over it... Outside of Beltre, none of that lineup had good seasons, last year. Therefore, it should be pretty up for grabs.

This might be the best offensive night he's had in a calendar year!

What's everyone's thoughts on this guy? At this point he's permanently on my bench, and even when I have an available roster spot, I hesitate to even start him in fear of his typical zero stat line. What is his story and what happened to him? Is it his place in the order, hiding injury? I'm not sure if he even warrants a roster spot anymore, I'd rather use it for something else far more productive.

I think he may need a change of scenery. Too much ability to be playing so poorly- my guess is something mental is contributing at this point

Thoughts about him? Dude has been awful for almost 2 seasons, now.

Tired of owning him, can't drop him, can't trade him.. at least he's been hitting near the top of the order lately.

shortstop is a blackhole as usual after the top 3 or so guys so there's not much you can do but ride him out.

Tired of owning him, can't drop him, can't trade him.. at least he's been hitting near the top of the order lately.

That's the situation i'm in my 16 teamer

I also kinda fear that he will blow up over the last three months of the season just when everyone gives up on him.

Edited by The Harsh
Removed BC content.

Looking under the hood a bit, what jumps out is his GB% is 44.7, against 56.7 for his career. Conversely, his FB% is 30.7, vs. 21.8 for his career. I'm not a batted ball expert, but that seems like a bad combination for a speedy, no power guy like him. Is there anything going on here, other than just that he sucks?

I wonder of a lot of Elvis owners stashed Correa for the ROS like I did. It's one way out of this situation.

I wonder of a lot of Elvis owners stashed Correa for the ROS like I did. It's one way out of this situation.

I have Correa stashed and staring Kang but the guy hasn't played alot this week so might have to re -add elvis. Looks like he's hitting better at the 6th spot.