Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Domingo

I am in a good mood. Post your questions in the comment section below and I'll answer

Should I try making a move for KD? I want to try and pair him with M.Gasol/B.Griffin/Lawson or K.Walker. How do you feel about trying to use a package of Ibaka/One of Walker or Lawson/DMo or Asik to get him plus a low-end guy? 14 team, 11 category H2H, currently 7th out of 14th but only a few games back of 4th.

Need some advice here.

Original trade was my

Mike conley/millsap/dieng

For his

Marc gasol/draygreen/derozan

My counter offer (havent offered yet)

Millsap/dieng/george hill

For

Marc gasol/ dray green

For my team i feel this may be a better fit.. But with jrue being hurt im scared to move conley. Not sure my counter will work. Which option is better??? Im in 10th place and need a new look

Ive also been offered lillard for wall. But under conditions that i take gortat as well. And he doesnt want anyone else i have that i can give up. Maybe hell take derozan!

for my team 1. i like smart's production as of late especially since green's departure. he doesn't score much but i could use his assists, 3s and steals. who should i drop for smart? i am thinking about plumlee since brolo might not leave by next month's trade deadline. switch or stayput? thanks

Aww man I dont think you have a drop for smart. That's not necessarily bad news since that means your team is deep even for a 10 team. But you should free up a roster space via 2 for 1 if you wanna make that move. I suggest including a Denver or a Boston guy because I just cant deal with the inconsistencies of their coaches...

Why are you in such a good mood? Please provide your strategy.

Bought low on CP3 today. Strategy is always look to improve your team. This doesnt mean that you make moves everyday but that you always have plan A plan B plan C in terms of trade offers to different owners in case of rejections, and you are constantly on the look on the waiver wire guys who might explode

Cream cheese is cheese?

Electric outlets look surprised why?
Millipedes ten times faster than centipedes?
Baby powder made out of babies?

10 Team, 9-Cat H2H - First Time Fantasy Player

I want to try and trade Kevin Love.

Would a package of KevinLove/Lou Williams for Paul Milsap/Jeff Green or Paul Peirce be good? Or would it be better to trade someone else off? Currently in 7th place (5-6-7 all within 1 point). So any help in general would be appreciated!

Also, would it be worth it to try and trade Kyrie/Lower End player for Chris Paul?

My Team: Goran Dragic, Wilson Chandler, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Kevin Love, Gorgui Dieng, J.J Reddick, Kyrie Irving, Lou Williams, Rudy Gobert, Elfrid Payton, George Hill, Courtney Lee.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I like the Millsap side of the deal, with either of those but leaning towards Pierce. If he doesnt work out you can drop and I'll still be fine with it. CP3 side is also better the kicker in the Kyrie trade is a mid-late rounder

Cream cheese is cheese?

Electric outlets look surprised why?

Millipedes ten times faster than centipedes?

Baby powder made out of babies?

1. Yes.

2. Because they're shocked.

3. No. Octopuses aren't 4x faster than humans.

4. No. Toothbrush made out of teeth?

Should I try making a move for KD? I want to try and pair him with M.Gasol/B.Griffin/Lawson or K.Walker. How do you feel about trying to use a package of Ibaka/One of Walker or Lawson/DMo or Asik to get him plus a low-end guy? 14 team, 11 category H2H, currently 7th out of 14th but only a few games back of 4th.

Yes you should. Always aim high even if you fail. Although your deal doesnt look very good and is unlikely to be accepted. You'd have to give up at least Marc Gasol to acquire KD, even then the chances aren't good. That's his worth.

Need some advice here.

Original trade was my

For his

For

Marc gasol/ dray green

For my team i feel this may be a better fit.. But with jrue being hurt im scared to move conley. Not sure my counter will work. Which option is better??? Im in 10th place and need a new look

Ive also been offered lillard for wall. But under conditions that i take gortat as well. And he doesnt want anyone else i have that i can give up. Maybe hell take derozan!

Initial deal looks quite fair, but your counter offer is definitely better and worth a shot. Especially in a 10-team wherein a roster spot is very valuable

Would a package of KevinLove/Lou Williams for Paul Milsap/Jeff Green or Paul Peirce be good? Or would it be better to trade someone else off? Currently in 7th place (5-6-7 all within 1 point). So any help in general would be appreciated!

Also, would it be worth it to try and trade Kyrie/Lower End player for Chris Paul?

My Team: Goran Dragic, Wilson Chandler, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Kevin Love, Gorgui Dieng, J.J Reddick, Kyrie Irving, Lou Williams, Rudy Gobert, Elfrid Payton, George Hill, Courtney Lee.

I like the Millsap side of the deal, with either of those but leaning towards Pierce. If he doesnt work out you can drop and I'll still be fine with it. CP3 side is also better the kicker in the Kyrie trade is a mid-late rounder

So I attempted the Kyrie/Wilson Chandler for Chris Paul.

He countered with Kyrie/Tyreke Evans for Chris Paul? Is this worth it?

Please help!

I was thinking of trading KD for 2 PG in Lowry and Conley. Should I make that move?

PG: Rajon Rondo, George Hill, Marcus Smart

SG: JJ Redick, Wilson Chandler

SF: Kevin Durant, Nicolas Batum

PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Donatas Motiejunas, Terrance Jones

C: Deandre Jordan, Channing Frye, John Henson

This is 16 teams - 9 cats

Bought low on CP3 today. Strategy is always look to improve your team. This doesnt mean that you make moves everyday but that you always have plan A plan B plan C in terms of trade offers to different owners in case of rejections, and you are constantly on the look on the waiver wire guys who might explode

lol...I was thinking it might be marriage proposal or birth of child. But hey CP3's dont grow on trees. Mind if I ask what the deal was?

How much of an effect do you think the trade deadline will have in terms of the rise of potential sleepers? I think I over rely on it sometimes as even with a seemingly assured great situation as a result of a trade it rarely turns out as expected. I think of TRob back in 2012-13 when he was traded to the Rockets with a seemingly clear path to a starting position.

Even then you'd think a lot more players would gain or lose value, but as far as standouts the major one of the last few years was Tobias Harris, and in terms of post deadline we had Dieng and even Henry Sims last year.

Should I bank on holding it out till then if I am in a decent position, or should I be aggressive now and gamble with a guy like Galloway? (Not the best example but similar taking a chance hoping for breakout like Covington) This is also taking into account trying to conserve moves for playoffs.

Need some advice here.

Original trade was my

For his

For

Marc gasol/ dray green

Initial deal looks quite fair, but your counter offer is definitely better and worth a shot. Especially in a 10-team wherein a roster spot is very valuable

How do u think these new additions fit my team?? Any cons about these new guys??

So I attempted the Kyrie/Wilson Chandler for Chris Paul.

He countered with Kyrie/Tyreke Evans for Chris Paul? Is this worth it?

Please help!

I think I would. It's a bit tougher than it seems but deciding factor is Cavs bad playoff sched, Tyreke's shaky value once Holiday returns, and getting the best player in shallower leagues (10t in your case) makes it an even bigger win. Maximize your free roster spot there should be strong guy available or at least stream it

I was thinking of trading KD for 2 PG in Lowry and Conley. Should I make that move?

Oh 16-teamers make this a bit different. But I'm a huge believer in KD's upside (it's crazy to say upside) but last year he's such a fantasy god that he's statistically a better fantasy value than 2 first round picks combined, as per Basketball Monster. Even if depth is important in deeper leagues I'd stay put with KD and look to deal someone else. Just to give perspective, If it were Lebron I'd probably do it considering his playoff sched so that's how different I see their values are.

Btw if you look to acquire two PGs, please deal Rondo. He isnt good and acquiring 2 more PGs when you already have 3 makes his assists useless.

lol...I was thinking it might be marriage proposal or birth of child. But hey CP3's dont grow on trees. Mind if I ask what the deal was?

Lol not really. If that happened though I'd maybe make one of these threads again. It's Bosh+Rondo for CP3. The guy has Aldridge who got hurt and is in a tough playoff spot, he cant afford to lose games so he took it.

Oh 16-teamers make this a bit different. But I'm a huge believer in KD's upside (it's crazy to say upside) but last year he's such a fantasy god that he's statistically a better fantasy value than 2 first round picks combined, as per Basketball Monster. Even if depth is important in deeper leagues I'd stay put with KD and look to deal someone else. Just to give perspective, If it were Lebron I'd probably do it considering his playoff sched so that's how different I see their values are.

Btw if you look to acquire two PGs, please deal Rondo. He isnt good and acquiring 2 more PGs when you already have 3 makes his assists useless.

Thanks, but I don't think G. Hill and M. Smart can handle down the assist port alone.

How much of an effect do you think the trade deadline will have in terms of the rise of potential sleepers? I think I over rely on it sometimes as even with a seemingly assured great situation as a result of a trade it rarely turns out as expected. I think of TRob back in 2012-13 when he was traded to the Rockets with a seemingly clear path to a starting position.

Even then you'd think a lot more players would gain or lose value, but as far as standouts the major one of the last few years was Tobias Harris, and in terms of post deadline we had Dieng and even Henry Sims last year.

Should I bank on holding it out till then if I am in a decent position, or should I be aggressive now and gamble with a guy like Galloway? (Not the best example but similar taking a chance hoping for breakout like Covington) This is also taking into account trying to conserve moves for playoffs.

Nah not really. I advice against making speculative moves based on trades that haven't happened yet. The only acceptable scenario to do this is if you're at the very top of the standings and can afford some reckless moves (even then I don't feel comfortable advising it). There have been guys like Rondo and Pau Gasol in the past who we ALWAYS anticipate for YEARS to be traded but just never happened until now. The anticipate scenario is completely unpredictable and while it was a bit lucky it happened to Rondo this year, those anticipating a Rondo trade in the past 3 years were unsuccessful. Don't rely on this.

Although of course, when the trade actually happens fantasy values do adjust along with it. Make the appropriate moves when it does happen.

Need some advice here.

Original trade was my

For his

For

Marc gasol/ dray green

How do u think these new additions fit my team?? Any cons about these new guys??

You mean Marc/Draymond Green? It's a win.

Thanks, but I don't think G. Hill and M. Smart can handle down the assist port alone.

Yes you are right they can't and you should look to improve PGs. But when 2 more PGs arrive in addition to what you have, you'll have 5 PGs and an overload in assists, which makes Rondo's assist value useless surplus while the rest of his stats a liability.

Should I stay put with Cousins, Lowry and Faried or trade them for Curry + Millsap, although 3PM don't count in our league? I'm punting TOs and trying to get better in FG% as I lead in every other category.

Should I stay put with Cousins, Lowry and Faried or trade them for Curry + Millsap, although 3PM don't count in our league? I'm punting TOs and trying to get better in FG% as I lead in every other category.

No threes but with TOs is an interesting league. In those settings I'd stay put