Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Domingo

I am in a good mood. Post your questions in the comment section below and I'll answer

---> 120 pages, 2,400 replies... You've been in a good mood for a while now huh? lol

Whats up mark

Am i crazy to drop mike conley for an extra stream spot to maximize games this week??

Im desperate for a playoff spot and 5 games behind with this week and the next

Im in 10th and the 7th 8th and 9th spots are all 1 game away from each other

Any of them get two bad losses and i get wins i can probably make it

I have olynyk and nurkic on deck. I also have barton instead of ross right now

What would u do here??

Add-drops are gonna be crucial for you as you are in a do-or-die situation, but Conley isn't your drop guy, especially for Olynyk. Yeah your Barton/Ross stream spot is okay, and I'd probably use that to grab Nurkic. MAYBE drop Dieng for Nurkic too once there's new that Nurkic is confirmed to play plus use the stream spot for additional games. Outside of that there's not much to do I think.

This is mainly because there are just limited (around 4) add-drops in typical leagues. But if you have more than that and you still have more to use, then yeah I'd drop Conley. Injury situation not looking good

Wall[/size]Conley[/size]Rjax[/size]Ge hill[/size]Eric gordon[/size]Kmart[/size]Terrence ross (streamer)[/size]Durant[/size]Pj tucker[/size]Millsap[/size]Favors[/size]Dieng[/size]Terrence jones[/size]

My league has unlimited add drops and i dropped barton for olynyk..

Do you really think nurk will be better than dieng? Even with pek looking shaky again??

I havent been so high on dieng lately and wanted to drop but i saw pek get hurt again and was glad i kept what about tucker??

Stream tonight for tomorrows games and grab nurk in the am?? Good idea?

9 Category Yahoo Roto (with Turnovers and FT%)

PG -Ty Lawson Den - PG

SG - Kyle Korver- ATL

G - Ricky Rubio Min - PG

SF - Joe Johnson Bkn - SG,SF

PF - Markieff Morris Pho - PF,C

F - Nikola Vucevic Orl - PF,C

C - Jonas Valanciunas Tor - C

C - Kelly Olynyk- C

Util - Aaron Brooks- PG

Util - Alen Len- C

BN - Draymond Green GS - SF

BN - Kevin Durant OKC - SF,PF

BN - Nurkic

Who should I drop for Covington? Brooks, Joe or Olynyk?

Thanks bud

---> 120 pages, 2,400 replies... You've been in a good mood for a while now huh? lol

Hey man. Well lately I've lost my pet bird Larry recently to sickness and have been addicted to online poker, so the mood changed and I've been slower to answer questions. But still here lol

Whats up mark

Am i crazy to drop mike conley for an extra stream spot to maximize games this week??

Im desperate for a playoff spot and 5 games behind with this week and the next

Im in 10th and the 7th 8th and 9th spots are all 1 game away from each other

Any of them get two bad losses and i get wins i can probably make it

I have olynyk and nurkic on deck. I also have barton instead of ross right now

What would u do here??

Add-drops are gonna be crucial for you as you are in a do-or-die situation, but Conley isn't your drop guy, especially for Olynyk. Yeah your Barton/Ross stream spot is okay, and I'd probably use that to grab Nurkic. MAYBE drop Dieng for Nurkic too once there's new that Nurkic is confirmed to play plus use the stream spot for additional games. Outside of that there's not much to do I think.

This is mainly because there are just limited (around 4) add-drops in typical leagues. But if you have more than that and you still have more to use, then yeah I'd drop Conley. Injury situation not looking good

Wall[/size]Conley[/size]Rjax[/size]Ge hill[/size]Eric gordon[/size]Kmart[/size]Terrence ross (streamer)[/size]Durant[/size]Pj tucker[/size]Millsap[/size]Favors[/size]Dieng[/size]Terrence jones[/size]

My league has unlimited add drops and i dropped barton for olynyk..

Do you really think nurk will be better than dieng? Even with pek looking shaky again??

I havent been so high on dieng lately and wanted to drop but i saw pek get hurt again and was glad i kept what about tucker??

Stream tonight for tomorrows games and grab nurk in the am?? Good idea?

With unlimited add drops you could make full use of that streamer. And yeah don't drop Dieng with Pek out, that was a capital "MAYBE" when I said it and I'd only do the Dieng drop if you're completely desperate for another day or games. With unlimited add drops, same situation with Conley if you are completely desperate.

A lot of this has to do with standings and your position vs your matchup this week. How many teams get into the playoffs in your league: 6 or 8? And in order to climb to 6 or 8, what is the minimum score that you should be targetting this week? Of course this will be dependent on how the 7th 8th and 9th seed are gonna do too. I suggest you calculate and see where they will land if they end up with 6-3, 5-4, 4-5, or 3-6.

If you're in a situation where in you'd need a minimum of 7-2, or even 8-1, then look over to your current score with your matchup. If you are in a huge lead in rebounds/blocks this week, then there's no real need to panic drop Dieng for Nurkic. If you're losing rebounds and blocks, and you definitely can't afford to lose them, then MAYBE drop Conley for Nurkic if Nurkic is playing tomorrow. This may not be ideal for the long run, but there's no long run if you're in a hole now and you need to get out of it. Those are just examples and a lot of it is situational depending on what you need or don't need right now vs your matchup.

But maybe you're not too far behind and you'd only need a 5-4. I think i kinda remember though you saying you're 5 games behind, if my recall is right. This puts you in desperate mode and needing to secure category victories as much as you can. If you're ahead by 20 blocks, then no need to drop someone of value for Nurkic. But if you're aheaed by only 5 blocks, you might need to do so, esp if your remaining games you have the same amount or less number of blockers than matchup.

Wow that's long. I hope I explained some things right

9 Category Yahoo Roto (with Turnovers and FT%)

PG -Ty Lawson Den - PG

SG - Kyle Korver- ATL

G - Ricky Rubio Min - PG

SF - Joe Johnson Bkn - SG,SF

PF - Markieff Morris Pho - PF,C

F - Nikola Vucevic Orl - PF,C

C - Jonas Valanciunas Tor - C

C - Kelly Olynyk- C

Util - Aaron Brooks- PG

Util - Alen Len- C

BN - Draymond Green GS - SF

BN - Kevin Durant OKC - SF,PF

BN - Nurkic

Who should I drop for Covington? Brooks, Joe or Olynyk?

Thanks bud

Olynyk or Brooks is the bottom guy here, but since you already own them, I'd stay put with him first before going for Covington. If Cov's on your wire now chances are nobody's rushing to add him except when he gains some steam already, so just keep an eye on that. Oly's trending nicely too that's why it's worth staying put for, if you drop him now while he's gaining traction there's a good chance someone might scoop hime; he hasn't been a top 50 for a while, but he once did it and playing alongside Sullinger so he does have nice upside. Same with Brooks, who has his good load of opportunities now.

You're in a roto league too. The strong version of Covington (not the one slumping now) can really hurt your FG% but boost your 3s and steals, so that's something to consider too when he gets his playing time and production back

Should I pick up Dwight Howard? If so, who do I drop? H2H ROTO 9CAT

PG-Deron Williams

SG-James Harden

G-Isaiah Thomas

SF-Gordan Hayward

PF-Gorgui Deng

F-Andre Drummond

C-Pau Gasol

C-Hassan Whiteside

UTI-Serge Ibaka [PF,C]

UTI-Robert Covington [sG,SF,PF]

BN-Eric Gordan [sG]

BN-Goran Dragic [PG,SG]

BN-Nikola Mirotic [sF,PF]

Should I pick up Dwight Howard? If so, who do I drop? H2H ROTO 9CAT

PG-Deron Williams

SG-James Harden

G-Isaiah Thomas

SF-Gordan Hayward

PF-Gorgui Deng

F-Andre Drummond

C-Pau Gasol

C-Hassan Whiteside

UTI-Serge Ibaka [PF,C]

UTI-Robert Covington [sG,SF,PF]

BN-Eric Gordan [sG]

BN-Goran Dragic [PG,SG]

BN-Nikola Mirotic [sF,PF]

I am confused by your league settings, which is "H2H ROTO"

In roto I'd surely stay put.

In h2h I'd maybe drop Covington, but not relaly. Depending on needs. But your team doesnt look like it needs rebs/blocks so I'd stay put

Hey again bro, i couldnt get butler from waiver, and conley just got dropped.

Should i drop west and stash dwight? And should i swap conley with one of my guards? Thanks

You're not punting FTs so I would stay away from Dwight if it were me. I'd stay put with West despite the slump.

It's playoffs time now. There's two ways to look at it. You could add Conley if you want a risk-reward move that could pay off for you. Obviously he might miss some time, and that's a risk you want to take with the reward of Conley's value if you think you need to make this sort of drastic move to win playoffs. If you don't wanna risk --- you got very good guards anyway, you could stay put especially if you think you could win with your team now.

I also see you have Knight, who's also injured. I'm not the best guy to ask about injury returns and predictions, but I do know that I like Conley better than Knight when both are healthy, particularly Knight in Phoenix. Before Conley's wire clears, if the injury reports look like Knight's injury situation is worse, which is possible, then I'd do the exchange.

Just saw Conley's update, he will be back much sooner than Knight, so no brainer now, now if only i can get him, since my waiver is not that high lol. Thanks bro!

Hi mark... Keeper Q;

How do you see Paul George and Joel Embiid performing next year? What do you think they're capable of and where do u think they will be ranked early in the season?

Should i drop west and stash dwight? And should i swap conley with one of my guards? Thanks

You're not punting FTs so I would stay away from Dwight if it were me. I'd stay put with West despite the slump.

It's playoffs time now. There's two ways to look at it. You could add Conley if you want a risk-reward move that could pay off for you. Obviously he might miss some time, and that's a risk you want to take with the reward of Conley's value if you think you need to make this sort of drastic move to win playoffs. If you don't wanna risk --- you got very good guards anyway, you could stay put especially if you think you could win with your team now.

I also see you have Knight, who's also injured. I'm not the best guy to ask about injury returns and predictions, but I do know that I like Conley better than Knight when both are healthy, particularly Knight in Phoenix. Before Conley's wire clears, if the injury reports look like Knight's injury situation is worse, which is possible, then I'd do the exchange.

Just saw Conley's update, he will be back much sooner than Knight, so no brainer now, now if only i can get him, since my waiver is not that high lol. Thanks bro!

Olynyk just got dropped, swap with west?

Playoffs are starting next week and I'm thinking of making some last minute moves to improve my team before the run.

I own Canaan and Pat Bev and while both are kinda worth owning I'm wondering if I should switch either or both for Ish Smith or Hardaway Jr.

Same goes for Ajinca. He's solid in limited minutes but I'm wondering if I should look at swapping him out for Hibbert (Waivers), Brendan Wright (Len injured?), Tyler Zeller or Justin Hamilton.

Which team would you rather play against in 1/4finals:

Mo Williams

Ellis

DeRozan

Meeks

Pierce

T.Jones

J.Smith

Ibaka

Henson

Asik

Duncan

Stoudemire

or

Curry

Galloway

Oladipo

Shved

Rondo

Batum

Beal

Gay

Ilyasova

Bogut

T.Chandler

Griffin

My team 1 in sig.

Hey man so it's the last day tomorrow of the week and my opponent and I are neck and neck...I'm leading right now 5-3-1, but we are very close and are tied in blocks. He just picked up wright and has deandre, harden, Beverly, jr, dieng, Galloway playing tomorrow while I have Danny, lowry, milsap, wiggins, batum, mirotic. Should I drop Canaan and get someone else to stream? We are tied in blocks and very close in tos, assists, fg%, points. I'm thinking of grabbing someone for blocks....only notable FAs are patpat, ajinca, Amundsen, Payne, black, hawes, splitter, mcgary. Please help!!!

Hi Mark,

as the POs will start tomorrow I'll ask you wether you see somebody on my WW who could improve my team?

My most droppable seem to be: Olynyk, RJax, Lord Cov and/or Stuckey - am I right? What about Nurk...

Team - 9 Cat (FG%-3P%-FT%-PTS-AST-REB-STL-BLK-TO) - 10 Teams:

PG: Isa.Thomas, R.Jackson

SG: Da.Green, R.Stuckey, K.Thompson, D.Wade
SF: K.Durant, T.Ariza, N.Batum, R.Covington

PF: K.Olynyk

C: M.Gasol, G.Dieng, J.Nurkic

WW-guys: J.Jack, J.Hamilton, B.Bass, J,Johnson (Raptors), T.Allen, C. and T. Zeller, J.Crowder, E.Ilyasova, B.Wright, R.Foye, S.Livingston, A.Bradley, C.Aldrich, T.Hardaway Jr., T.Robinson, E.Turner, B.Knight, R.McCallum, J.Meeks, D.West

Tried to maximize my games in POs but I guess it all comes down to KD and when he'll be back - those rest days for Masol Klay etc. could kill me too :(

What do you think about it?

Thanks as always!

Hey mate,

Its the playoffs and I have JamalC and Len injured.

Should I dump either of them for Barton or Justin Hamilton?

Cheers

Hi mark... Keeper Q;

How do you see Paul George and Joel Embiid performing next year? What do you think they're capable of and where do u think they will be ranked early in the season?

Both risky guys and lots of question marks, so they're hard to predict. Plus, I'm not a big fan of exactly pinpointing where they'll end up, but I like looking at the entire range of where they can end up.

For me personally, I think early round (around top 30-40) would be an optimistic prediction for Paul George. The downside is top 100 for me. In redraft leagues, wherein only next season is considered and nothing beyond, I'd be avoiding PG. I may be low on these guys, but it's important to consider that it has never happened before that a guy with a broken leg comes back near the player he was before it got broken. So it's right to be cautious with Paul George.

There is a sort of similar risk with rookies, but Embiid may be an exception. There's a lot of risk too with his injury and his rookie year inexperience, but there's no reason why he can't produce the same way Noel does this year. I still think there's around top 100 downside with Embiid, but once he figures it out like Noel does the sky is the limit for him.

In sum, there's are risks for both of these guys next season. I'm pessimistic about Paul George. This may be a bold prediction, but I like Embiid's chances of playing better and cracking top 40 value next year if he stays healthy.

Olynyk just got dropped, swap with west?

He's still behind Bass and Zeller in minutes despite Sullinger being injured. This is frustrating and it's not worth droping West for him now.

Playoffs are starting next week and I'm thinking of making some last minute moves to improve my team before the run.

I own Canaan and Pat Bev and while both are kinda worth owning I'm wondering if I should switch either or both for Ish Smith or Hardaway Jr.

Same goes for Ajinca. He's solid in limited minutes but I'm wondering if I should look at swapping him out for Hibbert (Waivers), Brendan Wright (Len injured?), Tyler Zeller or Justin Hamilton.

I'd stay put with both Canaan and Pat Bev. But if you need someone to stream in a tight matchup next week, I'm fine with letting go of PatBev if he's cold and streaming will be important to secure your win next week.

I'm fine with dropping Ajinca for these guys. Maybe not Hibbert, he's just been hideous, but yeah maybe Wright or Hamilton would be good.

Which team would you rather play against in 1/4finals:

Mo Williams

Ellis

DeRozan

Meeks

Pierce

T.Jones

J.Smith

Ibaka

Henson

Asik

Duncan

Stoudemire

or

Curry

Galloway

Oladipo

Shved

Rondo

Batum

Beal

Gay

Ilyasova

Bogut

T.Chandler

Griffin

My team 1 in sig.

I think second team is stronger than first, but your team matches up well with 2nd team anyway.

Hey man so it's the last day tomorrow of the week and my opponent and I are neck and neck...I'm leading right now 5-3-1, but we are very close and are tied in blocks. He just picked up wright and has deandre, harden, Beverly, jr, dieng, Galloway playing tomorrow while I have Danny, lowry, milsap, wiggins, batum, mirotic. Should I drop Canaan and get someone else to stream? We are tied in blocks and very close in tos, assists, fg%, points. I'm thinking of grabbing someone for blocks....only notable FAs are patpat, ajinca, Amundsen, Payne, black, hawes, splitter, mcgary. Please help!!!

I was too late sorry been occupied with stuff!! I hope you were able to stream, or if not still pull out the victory!

Hi Mark,

as the POs will start tomorrow I'll ask you wether you see somebody on my WW who could improve my team?

My most droppable seem to be: Olynyk, RJax, Lord Cov and/or Stuckey - am I right? What about Nurk...

Team - 9 Cat (FG%-3P%-FT%-PTS-AST-REB-STL-BLK-TO) - 10 Teams:

PG: Isa.Thomas, R.Jackson

SG: Da.Green, R.Stuckey, K.Thompson, D.Wade

SF: K.Durant, T.Ariza, N.Batum, R.Covington

PF: K.Olynyk

C: M.Gasol, G.Dieng, J.Nurkic

WW-guys: J.Jack, J.Hamilton, B.Bass, J,Johnson (Raptors), T.Allen, C. and T. Zeller, J.Crowder, E.Ilyasova, B.Wright, R.Foye, S.Livingston, A.Bradley, C.Aldrich, T.Hardaway Jr., T.Robinson, E.Turner, B.Knight, R.McCallum, J.Meeks, D.West

Tried to maximize my games in POs but I guess it all comes down to KD and when he'll be back - those rest days for Masol Klay etc. could kill me too :(

What do you think about it?

Thanks as always!

Olynyk's situation is frustrating and I'd understand moving on from him to stream. I like Allen (IF you need steals), Wright, Bradely, McCallum, West, Hamilton, maybe Knight if you can afford

Hey mate,

Its the playoffs and I have JamalC and Len injured.

Should I dump either of them for Barton or Justin Hamilton?

Cheers

Yes you can drop either of them for Hamilton I think, depending on who you'll need less rest of playoffs. I'm not sold on Barton as reliable just yet esp if the other Denver guys return.

I couldnt get conley also, but valanciunas, derron, reggie got dropped, any of those i should get? Thanks :)