Coach George

Amed Rosario - SS NYM

143 posts in this topic

I'd have to assume their bringing him up (i did add him in 2/3 10 team leagues I'm in). The Mets are F****D right now. They need something to keep their fan base happy. Plus he deserves to be called up. Im all in on him getting called up. 

35 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'd have to assume their bringing him up (i did add him in 2/3 10 team leagues I'm in). The Mets are F****D right now. They need something to keep their fan base happy. Plus he deserves to be called up. Im all in on him getting called up. 

I'm grabbing several shares of Rosario. I've watched the video of Cabrera's injury and the direction he catches his thumb on the ground during the fall is a common way to tear the ulnar collateral ligament (Gamekeeper's thumb). Those likely need surgery to repair which would put him out of action ~ 8 weeks. I'd suggest grabbing him now before the MRI results are made public. 

2 people like this

His stats really don't stand out. Seems like a better real life than fantasy player. Must add in 12 teamer? 

13 minutes ago, golden eagles said:

His stats really don't stand out. Seems like a better real life than fantasy player. Must add in 12 teamer? 

I think he'll get added in most competitive 12 teamers with a MI slot if he gets the call. The kid has drawn comparisons to Lindor, Bogaerts, and Correa but how much impact he has this year remains to be seen. I think he'll be a perennial 2nd or 3rd round pick in a couple of years when he fills out more. I remember dismissing Lindor in fantasy leagues when he first got the call a couple years ago because I wasn't wowed by his minor league stats. I think the Mets would love to see him get off to a hot start to put him in the 2 slot in their lineup.

1 person likes this

the one time I wouldn't object to Asdrubal being injured and missing a chunk of time, & his MRI comes back clean and he's just day to day. Mets are injured like crazy and yet Asdrubal dodges that bullet. :rolleyes:

while Rosario looks ready they can't call him up if they don't have anywhere for him to play.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

I'm grabbing several shares of Rosario. I've watched the video of Cabrera's injury and the direction he catches his thumb on the ground during the fall is a common way to tear the ulnar collateral ligament (Gamekeeper's thumb). Those likely need surgery to repair which would put him out of action ~ 8 weeks. I'd suggest grabbing him now before the MRI results are made public. 

MRI was clean or at least the Mets definition of clean.

3 people like this

30 minutes ago, meh2 said:

MRI was clean or at least the Mets definition of clean.

was thinking the same thing. wouldnt be surprised if during the week he ends up needing surgery 

What's the earliest he could be called up minus the service time 

Yep...promoting Gavin Cecchini... Lame. Guess we gotta wait for service time crap before we see him.

38 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

Yep...promoting Gavin Cecchini... Lame. Guess we gotta wait for service time crap before we see him.

Yup the Mets are the Keystone cops

finally got around to watching some film... holy Elvis Andrus!

gotta be honest, I was expecting a lot more. 

Batting average and speed at short, still super helpful though.  

Looks solid, but I was expecting a little more "oomph". 

Weirdly, Adam Rubin, who broke the news of Cecchini being called up, deleted his tweet about it... dunno if this means anything.

12 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

He is probably Andrus right now. Difference is that Andrus turns 29 this year and Rosario is just 21.

The excitement around Rosario is more about the 'what he could be' than the 'what he is right now'

I like the Bogaerts comp - a SS with plus DEF that is capable to hit over .300, hit 20 HR and steal bases. Like with Bogaerts, it might take a couple years before you actually get that 20HR power, but he is projects well to do that. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Hasselhoff said:

Weirdly, Adam Rubin, who broke the news of Cecchini being called up, deleted his tweet about it... dunno if this means anything.

Still there as far as I can tell:

1 minute ago, Dark One said:

Still there as far as I can tell:

huh, weird... oh well, moving on. Must have been some weird thing on my end of twitter :lol:

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Lindor's #'s in the minor leagues weren't anything crazy when he got the call. Than BOOM!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lindor000fra 

Edited by OrangeCrush

11 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Lindor's #'s in the minor leagues weren't anything crazy when he got the call. Than BOOM!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lindor000fra 

true... sometimes that A+ hand-eye-coordination (defense) takes longer to reach the offensive output

but for every Francisco Lindor, there are 15 Elvis Andrus'

not saying he won't be good... just saying... the hype is swelling pretty big... check him out for yourself, make your own evaluation 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

true... sometimes that A+ hand-eye-coordination (defense) takes longer to reach the offensive output

but for every Francisco Lindor, there 15 Elvis Andrus'

not saying he won't be good... just saying... the hype is swelling pretty big... check him out for yourself, make your own evaluation 

No, I hear ya. I was just pointing it out. 

Lindor's highest minor league ISO was .118, at 21 in 200+ AAA at bats. Given what he's up to now, that's completely meaningless. 

Rosario's current ISO is .123, at 21 in 114 AAA at bats. Also meaningless. Slightly more meaningful: scouts project him to grow into average or above average major league power. He's got longer levers at 6'2", is still growing into muscle at 190 lbs., and controls his bat the way everyone expected from JP Crawford.

No Isan Diaz breakout just yet, but no reason to think he's not on pace to grow into 15-25 hr/year. In redraft I would think there are better stashes, unless you need MI in NL only.

Edited by bdy1

Cecchini, what a joke (typical Mets). he hasn't done anything in the minors to deserve a promotion.

is Rosario someone who could/should develop more power he ages, being now only 21.last year he had 5 between A+ and AA. maybe eventually 10+ in the majors?

Cabrera pinch hit dbl play with bases loaded lmao. What a bummer!

15 hours ago, Danskeren said:

Soooo can we drop him now?

Hope that was sarcasm.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Hope that was sarcasm.

Why? In a redraft league, him being on the waiver wire is not out of the question with zero light at the end of the tunnel. Just saying