Coach George

Amed Rosario - SS NYM

143 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

Why? In a redraft league, him being on the waiver wire is not out of the question with zero light at the end of the tunnel. Just saying

This minor league forum is all about prospects.  Therefore logically you can see that the overwhelming majority of posters here are into dynasty and very deep keeper leagues where someone like Rosario has been owned for at the very least a year if not more in those leagues.  Just saying.

Don't mean to be all snarky but what do you expect in the Prospects Forum by any other name.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

This minor league forum is all about prospects.  Therefore logically you can see that the overwhelming majority of posters here are into dynasty and very deep keeper leagues where someone like Rosario has been owned for at the very least a year if not more in those leagues.  Just saying.

Don't mean to be all snarky but what do you expect in the Prospects Forum by any other name.

That's not true at all, I assure you many people who check out the minor league forum play in redraft leagues. Just saying. 

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, Jrod124 said:

That's not true at all, I assure you many people who check out the minor league forum play in redraft leagues. Just saying. 

raises hand....only two keepers but if you're gonna win youre redraft league, it would be wise to follow this forum imo.

Edited by GratefulPhan
3 people like this

50 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

raises hand....only two keepers but if you're gonna win youre redraft league, it would be wise to follow this forum imo.

I'm in a 3-keeper league where we only get to keep players for one season max and can't keep any players drafted in first 2 rounds, so finding great prospects is like like gold. Turner was kept from last season and I've been looking to get a great prospect. Moancada was drafted and Belligner was snatched up in April. Is he going to be more of a September call up? I don't like how the Mets communicate at all.

Cabrera re-aggravated his thumb last night. Are we there yet?

I really hope we're there. I mean with a 10DL idk how they don't dl him  and make way for rosario .355

honestly i would say he warrants a pick up right now for the next couple days. but that pick up puts your league on notice if you drop him cause he doesnt get the call

54 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

I really hope we're there. I mean with a 10DL idk how they don't dl him  and make way for rosario .355

honestly i would say he warrants a pick up right now for the next couple days. but that pick up puts your league on notice if you drop him cause he doesnt get the call

He's playing today for Las Vegas. If there was any thought of bringing him up wouldn't they hold him out of the lineup?

its the mets ,hes not coming up anytime soon. they dont know how to manage injuries and that organization doesnt do anything that makes sense

Edited by nygiantsfan913

Here's to hoping that we don't hear Gavin Cecchini's name in the next day. 

2 hours ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Here's to hoping that we don't hear Gavin Cecchini's name in the next day. 

If this doesn't cement his call to the majors than i don't know what will. 

amed rosario (.355) has been playing very well at las vegas. candidate to come up to mets sometime soon.

Edited by OrangeCrush

30 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

If this doesn't cement his call to the majors than i don't know what will. 

amed rosario (.355) has been playing very well at las vegas. candidate to come up to mets sometime soon.

nothing official yet on rosario. and of course, mets real issue right now is pitching. but rosario seems close to ready.

well, I'm picking him up right now. I feel like that's the right call. Hope he gets called up if Asdrubal is put on the DL

even if he does get the call, it's going to be tough for him to stay up. 

Edited by goldbaby11

8 hours ago, goldbaby11 said:

well, I'm picking him up right now. I feel like that's the right call. Hope he gets called up if Asdrubal is put on the DL

even if he does get the call, it's going to be tough for him to stay up. 

Well I could see him staying up if he just hits decently but plays good defense. They could move Cabrera to 3B when he comes back for less wear and tear on him. 

I'm going to pick the kid and hope.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:40 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

In normal day-to-day posting, sure I agree with you. But not in this case. I expect that guys playing in redraft leagues are going to come to the minor league forum when they hear about a top prospect possibly getting the call. And when he doesn't, one of them asks if he's drop worthy. What the guy should have done is specified his league status. 

On May 7, 2017 at 10:45 AM, meh2 said:

I'm grabbing several shares of Rosario. I've watched the video of Cabrera's injury and the direction he catches his thumb on the ground during the fall is a common way to tear the ulnar collateral ligament (Gamekeeper's thumb). Those likely need surgery to repair which would put him out of action ~ 8 weeks. I'd suggest grabbing him now before the MRI results are made public. 

On May 7, 2017 at 0:07 PM, meh2 said:

MRI was clean or at least the Mets definition of clean.

I'm quoting myself to highlight another example of the Mets mishandling an injury. It seemed pretty likely that Cabrera had a torn thumb ligament given the mechanism of injury and amount of pain he was in after. 8 days later after Cabrera returns to action and aggravates it we find out that the MRI wasn't clean and he indeed does have a tear. It's crazy how this organization keeps getting it wrong every time and allows the injured player to return to soon. I'm picking Rosario up again in the hopes that the Mets actually do the right thing here but I'm not holding my breath. If the ligament is fully torn as I mentioned above he'll need surgery. Even if it's partially torn treatment would either be surgery or immobilization in a thumb brace for at least 4 weeks. In either case, I'm confident that any other franchise would put their player on the DL and do what's right for him. Being the Mets they might just give him a day or two off again and send him back out there.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

I'm quoting myself to highlight another example of the Mets mishandling an injury. It seemed pretty likely that Cabrera had a torn thumb ligament given the mechanism of injury and amount of pain he was in after. 8 days later after Cabrera returns to action and aggravates it we find out that the MRI wasn't clean and he indeed does have a tear. It's crazy how this organization keeps getting it wrong every time and allows the injured player to return to soon. I'm picking Rosario up again in the hopes that the Mets actually do the right thing here but I'm not holding my breath. If the ligament is fully torn as I mentioned above he'll need surgery. Even if it's partially torn treatment would either be surgery or immobilization in a thumb brace for at least 4 weeks. In either case, I'm confident that any other franchise would put their player on the DL and do what's right for him. Being the Mets they might just give him a day or two off again and send him back out there.

but its the mets and terry collins they would rather play a man down all week then let cabrera go out and play a couple games to the point its a season ending injury. so they can call up some bum to sit on the bench while reyes plays ss. the mets organization would rather do everything a** backwards than do something that makes sense

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

but its the mets and terry collins they would rather play a man down all week then let cabrera go out and play a couple games to the point its a season ending injury. so they can call up some bum to sit on the bench while reyes plays ss. the mets organization would rather do everything a** backwards than do something that makes sense

^^^^^

This is correct.  I live in NY, but not a Mets fan.  Being I listen to sports talk radio, they still manage to frustrate the chit out of me.  If there's a way to handle a situation poorly, the Met's organization will find it.  Their front office, could fark up a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.  

I think he gets called up in next 4 days as the flight bus from Las Vegas to Arizona fits into the Mets budget.;) After that the 51s go to NOLA and Arkansas. Those flights are too expensive for the Wilponsis.

Edited by duke of queens

47 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I think he gets called up in next 4 days as the flight bus from Las Vegas to Arizona fits into the Mets budget.;) After that the 51s go to NOLA and Arkansas. Those flights are too expensive for the Wilponsis.

I can't believe Asdrubal has not been DLd yet. I mean what the F. You have a top prospect waiting in AAA batting over .350 and Asdrubal has a torn ligament in his thumb or whatever. 10 day DL. I can't comprehend this decision. 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

I can't believe Asdrubal has not been DLd yet. I mean what the F. You have a top prospect waiting in AAA batting over .350 and Asdrubal has a torn ligament in his thumb or whatever. 10 day DL. I can't comprehend this decision. 

I can believe it. It's exactly how the Mets handle these things, terribly.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Soooooo were picking this guy up now and asking questions later right? 

I did, this morning.  Even the Mets, can only screw this up for so long.  Right?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

hed probably have to take a cab and pay the fare himself. 

You'd have to think the torn ligament lands Asdrubal on the DL. 

As to whether the Mets call up Rosario to replace him ... I mean, you'd hope so.  Who knows -- it's the Mets.

If I had to bet, Rosario is up this week.  Reaggrivated injury is generally DL time. Still a long season, get him healthy.