Coach George

Amed Rosario - SS NYM

143 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

I did, this morning.  Even the Mets, can only screw this up for so long.  Right?

Oh sweet summer child...

Here's the thing why would they give up a year of control to call him up a month before super 2?

1 minute ago, High&Inside said:

Here's the thing why would they give up a year of control to call him up a month before super 2?

Because it's mid May, and if Cabrera is out a while, they'd be playing Reyes every day as SS.

10 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Because they are the New York Mets and shouldn't be worried about Super 2. They make enough money to sign these players long term if and when that time comes. They are in the New York market where they expect the fans to pay super high ticket prices. Gotta justify that with the play on the field. 

Edited by OrangeCrush
2 people like this

3 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

There are a few factors here.

1. If Cabrera comes back in a month and they send Rosario back down, then it doesn't matter if they play him now or not.  The service time is based on total time for the year, not the date they brought him up.  If Rosario catches fire, then he forces their hand though.  Some teams get past that by locking their players down pre-arb. 

2. If the Mets consider themselves out of it, then they would likely wait and save the year.  This is a team that expected to be a playoff contender though and need the spark that Rosario could provide.

I don't know what they will do here, but there is a lot of pressure on teams in NY to play to win now and because of that, it doesn't seem like they would let an arbitration year stand in the way of putting their best team on the field. It is the Mets though and you never know what they are going to do. I think they bring him up, but you never know.

1 person likes this

Cabrera aggravated his left thumb injury over the weekend and subsequently admitted that he's dealing with a torn ligament. It sounds like the Mets will put him through some tests Monday to see whether it's possible he can play through it if they should go ahead and DL him. For what it's worth, top shortstop prospect Amed Rosario is in Triple-A Las Vegas' lineup Monday

***They could always pull Rosario at anytime tonight. #fingerscrossed

The Mess:

Mets assistant general manager John Ricco said Monday that shortstop prospect Amed Rosario is not a candidate for promotion if Asdrubal Cabrera (thumb) goes on the disabled list.

The Mets will make a decision Tuesday whether to DL Cabrera, who has a joint issue with his left thumb. There has been plenty of buzz that Rosario, who is one of the top prospects in baseball, could be called up should Cabrera go down, but it appears the club wants him to continue to develop in the minors. Rosario is batting .359/.401/.493 with two homers and seven steals at Triple-A Las Vegas.

May 15 - 8:12 PM

When asked why he was stay in Vegas, Ricco replied, "He would give us a chance to win games at the big league level.  Since he would improve the team, he has to stay down a little bit longer."

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, jb_power said:
Rosario is batting .359/.401/.493 with two homers and seven steals at Triple-A Las Vegas.

so exactly what kind of stat line would he need to be a candidate to get called up

Just now, nygiantsfan913 said:

so exactly what kind of stat line would he need to be a candidate to get called up

Rosario will need to get the BA under .200 and the OPS below .600.  Then he can truly be a NYMess

3 people like this

this has to be a service time issue right? I mean Rosario has done everything possible physically playing baseball that should make him deserve a promotion to NY.

Another monster game last night.  Homer and triple.  Up to .366 now.  

Picked him up pre-emptively when Assdribble got hurt and just dropped him...the last time I did this it was with Berrios, and now he's tearing it up on another team. The Mets are hellbent on keeping this guy down though, or so it seems. A buddy of mine that is a Mets fan told me the organization doesn't want to call him up any time soon. 

I think it's a super-2 thing. I wouldn't get too worked up over AAA numbers since Vegas is such a hitter's park. But he has a hit tool and the Mets have places he can play. But I'm guessing they wait a few weeks to do so

10 hours ago, Jericho said:

I think it's a super-2 thing. I wouldn't get too worked up over AAA numbers since Vegas is such a hitter's park. But he has a hit tool and the Mets have places he can play. But I'm guessing they wait a few weeks to do so

Yeah he's going to be up sooner than later.  He's definitely a stash for me.