Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

The Rotoworld Cup

This thread will pick up where the \"Fantasy Soccer\" thread left off......

Gameweek 25 points:

CB Chargers - 56 - Adebayor 2, Gerrard

Kaba Montreal - 55 - Adebayor 2, Davies, Gerrard

Granicar - 43 - Adebayor 2

Come On Pelican - 38 - Gerrard

The emerging Kaba club came within a breath of taking the week. Emmanuel Adebayor is proving to be a key to success, extending his scoring streak to 6 matches, totaling 8 goals in the process. Cesc Fabregas is starting to find his own form, as well, so this weekend\'s tie with the generous Blackburn should prove beneficial.

I\'m also expectiong some fireworks from Everton/Reading, as the Royals have given up more road goals than any other club, and only 4 sides have scored more at home than the Toffees. Spurs, who have struggled all year on the road, visit Derby....they almost have to improve on their dismal road performance.

Overall Points (through 9 weeks):

Granicar - 541

CB Chargers - 534

Come On Pelican - 462

Kaba Montreal - 458

Granicar keeps their overall lead, despite a hiccup. Kaba continues to build momentum, and is threatening COE for 3rd.

Your weekend FSC schedule (all times EST):

Saturday: (10) Everton v. Reading (12) Derby v. Tottenham (4:30) Bolton v. Portsmouth

Sunday: (11) Chelsea v. Liverpool

Good luck, all......

UPDATED INFO:

The 2009/10 Season Is Almost Here......Time To Start Getting Ready!

The Barclays Fantasy Premier League Game is up and running, and The Rotoworld Cup is ready for competitors.

In order to sign up, go to: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Once you\'ve selected your colors and players, go to \'Leagues\' and in the box next to Join a Private League, enter the following code: 216307-55868

Teams are made up of 15 players, including: 2 Goalkeepers, 5 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, and 3 Forwards (strikers). Each week, you select a starting 11 with a variety of formation options to use. The extra Goalkeeper and Bench players will be automatically substituted into the lineup if any starters do not play, provided it fits into a legal formation.

You also choose a Team Captain, who will earn Double Points for the Week. A new feature to the game is Emergency Captains; if your the player you select as Captain does not play, another player will automatically be chosen for you, based either on their Price, or their recent play (Form).

The top returning scorers at each position will be posted in the Fantasy Futbol forum, check it out for some ideas on how to plan out your squad.

Good luck....and Game On!

Do you want me to move the fantasy soccer thread into here and merge this one with it?

B)

_42480951_favase_getty203.jpg

This thread will pick up where the "Fantasy Soccer" thread left off......

Gameweek 25 points:

CB Chargers - 56 - Adebayor 2, Gerrard

Kaba Montreal - 55 - Adebayor 2, Davies, Gerrard

Granicar - 43 - Adebayor 2

Come On Pelican - 38 - Gerrard

The emerging Kaba club came within a breath of taking the week. Emmanuel Adebayor is proving to be a key to success, extending his scoring streak to 6 matches, totaling 8 goals in the process. Cesc Fabregas is starting to find his own form, as well, so this weekend's tie with the generous Blackburn should prove beneficial.

I'm also expectiong some fireworks from Everton/Reading, as the Royals have given up more road goals than any other club, and only 4 sides have scored more at home than the Toffees. Spurs, who have struggled all year on the road, visit Derby....they almost have to improve on their dismal road performance.

Overall Points (through 9 weeks):

Granicar - 541

CB Chargers - 534

Come On Pelican - 462

Kaba Montreal - 458

Granicar keeps their overall lead, despite a hiccup. Kaba continues to build momentum, and is threatening COE for 3rd.

Your weekend FSC schedule (all times EST):

Saturday: (10) Everton v. Reading (12) Derby v. Tottenham (4:30) Bolton v. Portsmouth

Sunday: (11) Chelsea v. Liverpool

Good luck, all......

Seriously gutted Torres got injured 2nite playing for Spain, hamstring injury. Gonna be a big loss if he isn't fit for Sunday. He better be back for the Inter Milan game

Do you want me to move the fantasy soccer thread into here and merge this one with it?

Sure, why not? B)

thanks!

B)

If you're going to post in the thread, then join the competition.

There's 13 weeks left to play, starting Saturday, and I can get you signed up in no time.

Thanks,

Tim

Seriously gutted Torres got injured 2nite playing for Spain, hamstring injury. Gonna be a big loss if he isn't fit for Sunday. He better be back for the Inter Milan game

Will Voronin be able to help pick up the slack, or is Rafa going to have to juggle the rotation?

Will Voronin be able to help pick up the slack, or is Rafa going to have to juggle the rotation?

Voronin is a piece of crap. I imagine he'll play a 4-5-1 with Crouch upfront, and Gerrard, Pennant & Benayoun all supporting the attack, while Alonso & Mascherano sitting back. It is Rafa tho so I never have a clue what he'll do!

Gameweek 26 Points:

CB Chargers - 49

Goal: Adebayor; Assists: Petrov, Young; Clean Sheet: Howard

Granicar - 48

Goals: Adebayor, Benjani; Assist: Chimbonda; Clean Sheet: James

Kaba Montreal - 46

Goals: Adebayor, Benjani; Assist: Petrov; Clean Sheet: James

Come On Pelican - 44

Goal: Benjani; Assist: Hleb

Emmanuel Adeabyor's 9th goal over his now 7-match scoring streak capped off a generally low-scoring weekend around the league. The clubs earned many of their points on Clean Sheet bonuses; Tim Howard's was his 5th in his last six matches (1 goal allowed, total).

Overall Points (through 10 weeks):

Granicar - 589

CB Chargers - 583

Come On Pelican - 506

Kaba Montreal - 504

The tight point totals carried over into the overall standings. We could see a different alignment as soon as next week.

----

We have a break for the FA Cup tournament next weekend. FSC will be showing matches Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday, with ManU v. Arsenal the highlight on Tuesday.

League play resumes on Saturday, February 23.

Arsenal...Ouch! B)

Arsenal...Ouch! B)

Yeah, they're hurting these days. Sitting Adebayor didn't help.

How about Barnsley knocking out Liverpool?

I'm interested in seeing Fulhamerica this coming weekend....Rovers/Bolton should be entertaining.

Yeah, they're hurting these days. Sitting Adebayor didn't help.

How about Barnsley knocking out Liverpool?

I'm interested in seeing Fulhamerica this coming weekend....Rovers/Bolton should be entertaining.

Ay, no need to rub it in! I'm so happy I sold my ticket for the game. I just knew we were gonna play badly, didn't think we'd actually end up losing like! Oh well, bring on Inter B)

Ay, no need to rub it in! I'm so happy I sold my ticket for the game. I just knew we were gonna play badly, didn't think we'd actually end up losing like! Oh well, bring on Inter :)

Believe me, I'm not.....my club is facing the drop! B)

lol

Yeah, it's hysterical.....especially considering that 5 of their last 12 matches are against teams in the top half of the table.

The 20 additional points (or so) that they'll need is looking like a long shot.

Back to the Championship for 08/09......maybe it's just as well that we didn't bring in Guzan or Altidore.

Gameweek 27 points:

Come On Pelican - 71

Goals: Ronaldo 2, Bentley, Lescott Assist: Ronaldo Clean Sheet: Green

Granicar - 70

Goals: Ronaldo 2, Lescott Assists: Adebayor, Ronaldo Clean Sheet: James

CB Chargers - 60

Goals: Lescott, Young Assists: Adebayor, Cahill, Young Clean Sheet: Howard

Kaba Montreal - 38

Goal: Shorey Assist: Adebayor Clean Sheet: James

Christiano Ronaldo's pair of goals on Saturday earned major points for the week's leaders, particularly Granicar, who gave him the Captain's armband, and watched him acount for more than half the club's total. All four clubs saw their keepers toss shutouts, as the scoing rebounded greatly after a couple of weeks of getting by on scraps.

Emmauel Adebayor's string of goal-scoring matches ended, in a match that was costly to Aresenal in a couple of ways: they failed to clinch a win over Birmingham by giving up a late penalty kick, but more importantly, lost in-form forward Eduardo to a broken leg (photos are NOT for the faint of heart). BC's Martin Taylor has received death threats in the aftermath, as Eduardo's foot was in jeopardy. As it stands, he's looking at 9 months of recovery.

(thanks, FoxSports):

Croatian fans, angry at Eduardo being ruled out of the Euro 2008 finals, are among supporters who have posted threatening messages on various internet sites.

One website specifically set up after the incident during Saturday's 2-2 draw at St Andrews has already received 27,000 messages directed at the former Blackburn player.

And security personnel had to restrain Croatian journalists who ran onto the road and tried to get into Taylor's car as he left the club's Wast Hills training complex on Monday.

Overall Standings:

Granicar - 659

CB Chargers - 643

Come On Pelican - 577

Kaba Montreal - 542

Ronaldo's brace gave Granicar some breathing room ahead of Chargers; it also kept COE safely ahead of Kaba.

Liverpool and West Ham both play twice during the upcoming Gameweek. They play each other on 5 March, and while the Reds get a gimme at home vs. Bolton Wanderers, the Hammers get to host 3rd place Chelsea, fresh off a disappointing loss to Tottenham in the FA Cup.

Your FSC viewing schedule for Gameweek 28:

Sat, 1 March: (10) Arsenal vs. Aston Villa (12) Manchester City vs. Wigan (4:30) Newcastle vs. Blackburn

Sun, 2 March: (11) Everton vs. Portsmouth

Gameweek 28 points:

Come On Pelican - 65

Assist by Adebayor

CB Chargers - 64

Goals by Cahill, Gerrard; Assists by Adebayor, Gerrard

Kaba Montreal - 44

Goal by Gerrard; Assists by Adebayor, Gerrard

Granicar - 21

Assist by Adebayor

Chargers reclaimed the lead by giving the Ronaldo owners a taste of their own medicine in the form of Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard. Their Captain amassed 17 points for them over two matches, with a bonus total of 34.

None of the other Dream Team members are in League lineups, creating a feast-or-famine situation. For the first time in several weeks, none of the League keepers kept clean sheets.

Speaking of Ronaldo, his owners had to be disappointed by the decision to use him as a substitute in United's visit to the relegation zone at Fulham. His single point was likely a dozen or so short of what was expected.

Overall points (through 13 weeks):

CB Chargers - 707

Granicar - 680

Come On Pelican - 642

Kaba Montreal - 586

In addition to losing the overall lead, Granicar now has COE breathing down their neck. Kaba is still in the mix, and just needs to gain a few points per week to get in the mix. With 10 weeks remaining, there is still some time.

----

Manchester United and Bolton Wanderers have other commitments this weekend; ManU faces Portsmouth in the FA Cup, Wanderers have a UEFA Cup replay with Sporting Lisbon. Therefore, all of the clubs will need to make lineup changes.

On FSC this Gameweek:

Sat, March 8: (10) Blackburn vs. Fulham (4:30) Reading vs. Manchester City

Sun, March 9: (12) Wigan vs. Arsenal

Wed, March 12: (6) Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough

The Points for Week 30:

Kaba Montreal - 54

Goal and Assist by Gerrard

CB Chargers - 54

Goal by Gerrard; Assists by Gerrard, Young; Clean Sheet by Almunia

Come On Pelican - 52

Goal and Assist by Gerrard

Granicar - 45

Goals by Berbatov (2), Barry; Assists by Arteta, Chimbonda

The League saw the tightest scoring in weeks as goal-scoring was the order of the day throughout the EPL. Steven Gerrard didn't just pace Liverpool's 3-0 pounding of Newcastle, he led three of our clubs as well. Spurs' Dimitar Berbatov and his pair of tallies was another shining light as Tottenham lay waste to West Ham, 4-0. Pompey's Jermain Defoe had a brace of his own as Portsmouth did in Birmingham.

But it was Chelsea's Frank Lampard as the star of the week, hitting the back of the net 4 times and racking up 25 fantasy points in the Blues' demolition of last-place Derby County. Too bad none of us had him in the lineup!

The Overall Points (through 14 weeks):

CB Chargers - 761

Granicar - 725

Come On Pelican - 694

Kaba Montreal - 636

Chargers gained some breathing room, as COE and Kaba continued their surge toward 2nd. Granicar rebounded with a solid effort, and should still be considered a threat to reclaim the lead.

----

The scores should be high this week as four teams have two matches in the Gameweek, and they are all well-represented in League lineups: Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Bolton.

United has a pair of gimmes in relegation zone residents Derby and Bolton. Chelsea plays both of their matches on the road, with the feature fixture being a visit to White Hart Lane for a London derby with Spurs on the 19th (Steve Nash will no doubt be watching with great interest).

The Gameweek on FSC:

Sat, March 15: (11) Liverpool vs. Reading (1) Arsenal vs. Middlesbrough (11p) Portsmouth vs. Aston Villa

Sun, March 16: (12) Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City

Wed, March 19: (4) Manchester United vs. Bolton Wanderers

I inadvertently posted provisional scores for Gameweek 29; mea culpa, mea cupla, mea maximuma culpa.

Here's how they actually went:

Come On Pelican - 63

CB Chargers - 61

Kaba Montreal - 59

Granicar - 57

I thought the totals seemed low, but I also thought everything had been updated. We haven't had this good a week, collectively, throughout the competition....nice job, gents!

The Overall Totals:

CB Chargers - 768

Granicar - 737

Come On Pelican - 705

Kaba Montreal - 641

Once again, my bad, and Good Luck to all this weekend.....

Points for Week 30:

Granicar - 64

Goals by Ronaldo (3), Berbatov; Assists by Chimbonda (2); Clean Sheet by James

Come On Pelican - 51

Goals by Ronaldo (3), Assist by Gerrard

Kaba Montreal - 48

Assists by Elano (2), Davies, Fabregas, Gerrard; Clean Sheet by James

CB Chargers - 43

Assists by Fabregas, Gerrard, Kalou, Murphy

Granicar used three goals by Christiano Ronaldo over ManUnited's two matches to storm back into title contention as Chargers stumbled. They combined them with strong perfomances from their Spurs, Berbatov and Chimbonda, who had a 4-4 shootout with Chelsea yesterday.

COE also got a piece of the Ronaldo action, allowing them to nose out the clubs who relied on Assists to get by.

Overall Points:

CB Chargers - 811

Granicar - 801

Come On Pelican - 756

Kaba Montreal - 689

The Chargers not only watched Granicar get healthy, but now have to deal with injuries to two key regulars, United defender Rio Ferdinand - who sat out both of their shutouts last week - and Everton midfielder Tim Cahill. Granicar has put their mini-slump firmly behind them, and now threaten to reclaim the top of the table. An in-form Ronaldo will get them there in no time.

----

Gameweek 31 is headlined by Sunday matches that feature the top four clubs in the EPL. Liverpool visits Old Trafford to face Manchester United; Chelsea has another hometown tie with Arsenal. The Reds are coming off a good win over the revived Reading, and as mentioned before, ManUnited is steaming right along. Struggling Chelsea can't be happy with the prospect of facing the Gunners, not with 5th place Everton looking over the shoulder and hosting the reeling West Ham.

This weekend on FSC:

Sat, March 22: (11) Newcastle United vs. Fulham (1) Everton vs. West Ham (8) Reading vs. Birmingham City

Sund, March 23: (12) Chelsea vs. Arsenal

Oh where did I fail?

For fantasy purposes, I don't like the 4-4-2. I'd rather employ a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, and get another midfielder or forward out there who has a better chance to score.

Granted, there are some weeks where an extra defender makes sense, strategy-wise, but I've found that the more aggressive the approach, the better.

There's more I can tell you, but I'll wait 'til after the season. :)B)

For fantasy purposes, I don't like the 4-4-2. I'd rather employ a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, and get another midfielder or forward out there who has a better chance to score.

Granted, there are some weeks where an extra defender makes sense, strategy-wise, but I've found that the more aggressive the approach, the better.

There's more I can tell you, but I'll wait 'til after the season. :lol:B)

I'm just tanking for a high draft pick next year :)

I'm just tanking for a high draft pick next year B)

Good idea: if Jozy Altidore makes the leap from MLS to EPL, he'll be a top waiver claim, LOL.

Oh where did I fail?

I can point to one of my main problems: every time I transfer out Roque Santa Cruz, he goes off. He did nothing for 6 weeks, and as soon as I let him go, he scores 3 goals in two matches, with an assist.

What is it they say about over-managing?