Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tdavis20

Fitness Training

I think I'm gonna order something new, I don't really need to lose any weight but I think that is my goal. Any suggestions? I just more so need some new motivation for going to the gym more often and longer.

Well I dont know how yall feel about creatine and I took that my 1st year of high school and that got me motivated and helped me work out longer but I dont take it anymore. I was thinking about using Lipo-6 but I looked through reviews on it on non-selling sites and people say that there arent really fat burners out there they just make u lose water weight....

I can tell you one thing though, Do not drink energy drinks. Ive heard different people say its good for you to workout but I used to drink them before working out and it got me hooked on them now and I need to stop drinking them.

I think I'm gonna order something new, I don't really need to lose any weight but I think that is my goal. Any suggestions? I just more so need some new motivation for going to the gym more often and longer.

Any stim should work. Hydroxycut Hardcore really gives you a great energy boost but pay close attention to their initial dosage requirements. I don't care how much soda/coffee you drink, that s*** will kick your arse if you do full dose the first day.

Also get Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage on your iPod. I can't work out w/ any other music than it after listening to it.

Well I dont know how yall feel about creatine and I took that my 1st year of high school and that got me motivated and helped me work out longer but I dont take it anymore. I was thinking about using Lipo-6 but I looked through reviews on it on non-selling sites and people say that there arent really fat burners out there they just make u lose water weight....

I can tell you one thing though, Do not drink energy drinks. Ive heard different people say its good for you to workout but I used to drink them before working out and it got me hooked on them now and I need to stop drinking them.

My buddy told me that he lost a lot of his muscle he put on while creatine after he stopped taking creatine. If I did go with it, I can't imagine I'd keep taking it for months and months...

I keep hearin a lot about that, I'll have to look into it.

I've never been one to take energy drinks, personally I can't stand them.

Any stim should work. Hydroxycut Hardcore really gives you a great energy boost but pay close attention to their initial dosage requirements. I don't care how much soda/coffee you drink, that s*** will kick your arse if you do full dose the first day.

Also get Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage on your iPod. I can't work out w/ any other music than it after listening to it.

That's another one I'll have to do some more research on. It's another one I hear a lot about, but don't actually know anyone myself that has ever taken it.

This might be weird, but personally I can't stand listening to music while I work out. I don't know what it is, but I just can't do it, I think I get to distracted with the music.

My buddy told me that he lost a lot of his muscle he put on while creatine after he stopped taking creatine. If I did go with it, I can't imagine I'd keep taking it for months and months...

That's another one I'll have to do some more research on. It's another one I hear a lot about, but don't actually know anyone myself that has ever taken it.

This might be weird, but personally I can't stand listening to music while I work out. I don't know what it is, but I just can't do it, I think I get to distracted with the music.

That's so weird! Man, esp for cardio, I can't workout w/o music. Weights is another story - i can see where you're coming from on that, esp when you're trying to maintain form.

Is it cuz ur ipod is filled with songs like "Dancing Queen" and "its raining men"?

Stay away from supplements that aren't herb based and even then be very careful.

A balanced multi-vi ain't bad, but I avoid those with iron.

Anything which use is justified because it is a naturally occurring chemical in the human body- that is massively flawed thinking. Just on a simple relatively easy example to grasp on the concept: Too much iron can kill you, or make you wish it had.

Just eat a balanced diet and drink a lot of fluids. Sea salt guards against water intoxication.

That's so weird! Man, esp for cardio, I can't workout w/o music. Weights is another story - i can see where you're coming from on that, esp when you're trying to maintain form.

I love bike work (which I have NOT been doing since I haven't replaced my old stationary- shame on me) utilizing the "even period-intense-wind down-even" method and I most commonly used this set of songs from Soundgarden's "Down On The Upside" to groove it:

Dusty

Ty Cobb

Blow Up The Outside World

Burden In My Hand

Technically it's a bit too short for true cardio. But I used it to supplement the rest of my regimen.

Well when I'm doing cardio I always make sure that I am by a TV that has a game on that I'm interested in so it's not that bad.

I'm in pretty good shape right now but I'm trying to get back to my hockey/baseball playing days. After working 9-11 hour days it can be pretty tough to exercise after work when all you want to do is relax on the couch. The past couple of months I've been trying to go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I usually do a "push" day first (bench, pecs, triceps) a "pull" day next (back, shoulders) and then I'll do a leg/bicep workout on the last day. When I trained for hockey this is what I was told to do by trainers who worked with guys from the NHL, but I've also heard that you shouldn't do the push, pull, leg days. Is this true?

I'm also currently doing a lot more cardio than I used to. I'll run about a mile or two on the treadmilll at the gym, and on the weekends I'll run to the beach. I'm also trying to do abs everyday even though I hate them.

Yea my work routine is:

Back and Biceps

Legs/Cardio/Abs

Chest and Tri's

And Ill either do Shoulders with Chest/tris or do it on a seperate day.

Usually on weekends Ill play 5v5 or 4v4 or 3v3 basketball with a bunch of friends instead of working out. Only thing I hate is I usually work at like 5-6 P.M. till anywhere from 9 PM to 1 AM depending on how busy it is and so I have to workout before I go to work.

Calorie Intake Thats just a website I ran across when I was searching calorie intake on google, dont know how accurate it is but it can tell you how many calories you should eat to gain weight, lose weight, keep your weight and your body fat. So since it can "calculate" your body fat, dont think its that accurate but oh well. Also you can look up how many calories the food you eat has. Again dont know how accurate it is but just something I ran across.

Does anyone else do cardio right before every single workout?

i do before and after

i do before and after

Jeez...recovery is your friend!

It's the best way to take the fat off ya if thats what ur lookin for. I havent gone to the gym in a few weeks, been just so damn busy that when i have time, i dont feel like goin. It's all the weathers fault, if it wasnt so miserable out every day i would be a bit more inspired to walk there. So right now i just work out with a few toning bands and do push ups on chairs. (i dont realy have a better term but people who do the same will get what im sayin). Not as good as goin to the gym, but once mid-March hits, and its time to start training for the Marathon in Nov. It's go time.

Jeez...recovery is your friend!

recovery is when I leave haha, granted i spend shorter time on it afterwards, but runnin a couple miles doesn't hurt to end on.

How long is the marathon you're running Quick?

26.2 Miles i belieive, ive never done it b4, and i hate distance running too, so this is gonna be a real challenge for me. Id much rather run quarter miles in 52 secs then spend 3 hours runnin in NYC. lol Im probably gonna do a half Marathon b4 hand during the summer. Im still gonna eat my pizza and chicken wings throughout training, ill wait till the month prior to the race till i start eating like a marathoner. I do eat a tone of pasta though.

Cardio (if you're grouping it with your lifting) is supposed to be done AFTER your workout. Cardio after doesn't leave you as tired, which will give you much more energy for weights.

As for the abs, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the cable crunch seems to be pretty useful.

MUSCLE MILK!!!!!!!!!

Muscle MIlk is disgusting. I mean it tastes good but that stuff is so fattening. It made me feel so sick after I worked out and drank that, I wanted to throw up.

Ive used almost everything out there protein wise, Ive used the GNC brand WHEY protein and I liked that, Muscle MIlk was gross, I went to Smoothie king alot for my shakes but that got real expensive so I dont do that anymore plus they can be fattening unless you get the right drink. Now I take Advocare (I think you have to know someone that sells it, like you cant buy it at a store or off the internet I dont think) and I love it. Im in my senior year right now, but I took this stuff my freshman year (I weighed like 130) and my bench was like 95 lbs going into football season and I left doing like 115-120. Now Im a senior but I dont work out as much as I used to. Ive just now started going back and Im going to ask my football coach for a good workout plan. I do different muscle groups every day like Chest and Tri's then Back and Bi's then shoulders and abs and then legs. I also run for 10 mins before I work out as a warm up so that looks like it is helping. I weight 170-175 and I can bench probably around 200 (that was my max like 2 months ago and havent worked out alot since so it is probably down) but I will update on my workout routine as much as I can and tell you any workouts that I like and if they work well for me.

I use this for protein... French Vanilla Creme is pretty good for flavor. They sell it in all sizes.

100WGS10.gif

Cardio (if you're grouping it with your lifting) is supposed to be done AFTER your workout. Cardio after doesn't leave you as tired, which will give you much more energy for weights.

As for the abs, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the cable crunch seems to be pretty useful.

Actaully research has shown that cardio BEFORE the workout is actually more beneficial. Because what happens is that when you do cardio your heart rate goes up, so after its up, when you lift weights it keeps that heart rate up. Where as if you do weights then do cardio after your cardio your body goes back to resting metabolic rate when you don't do anything, so you don't keep that sustained energy burn...

But it depends on what intensity your cardio workout is. Your cardio in theory should only be 60-75% of your max heart rate... if you are going above that you're working too hard cause you burn yourself out faster.

Optimal work out regime is do cardio for 10-15 mins where you're working at 60-75% of your max heart rate (usually measured by 220-your age, ex. I'm 25 so my max HR is 195... I should be doing cardio where my HR is around the 120 range...), do some weights, pop back on cardio again for 5-10 at 50-60% MHR, second set of muscles then finish off with more cardio where you can push yourself a bit more at 75-80% MHR.