Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdn7889

Asterisk Season?

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is this an asterisk season?

• Yes
    • No

Hi all,

I would like your opinion on whether or not this is an asterisk season. I am going to try and keep this as neutral and unbiased as possible.

So I am new to fantasy football and decided to join a 10-team league with my friends just for fun. Keep in mind that I know next to nothing about the NFL and their players; however, I do have experience with fantasy sports (I have been playing fantasy basketball for years). Also, there are very experienced people within this league that do know the NFL and their players very well.

So here goes, weeks prior to the draft we had a draw of numbered golf balls to determine our position in the draft. I was drawn to have the 4th pick. However, minutes before the draft we found out that yahoo randomized the draft order and the order that was preset by the commish (based on the golf ball draw we had) was changed. The commish was unable to change it back to the correct draft order. I got bumped up to 3rd pick. Now in the weeks leading up to the actual draft, I did many mock drafts based on the 4th pick position. Again, I do not know anything about NFL players (I went with yahoo rankings for the most part) and that there are people in the league that do have more experience, so a change in draft position last minute would not have affected them as much as it has with me.

With all that said, I know change in position wasn't that significant (however, others were), would you consider this an asterisk season?

Thank you

I'll go with option C. I have no f****g clue. Label it however you want.