Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RestoreTheRoar

Which picks would you rather have

We are in the middle of our prospect draft and was offered a trade. Which set of picks would you rather have?

Basically it is the 6th pick (not 6th overall, just the pick up in 6 spots) and the 43rd pick for the 13th pick and the 26th pick

Should I try to get my 36th pick included instead of the 26th?

Set A

Set B

If you could post the draft so far, and the list of guys who were taken from before, it probably would help to see if moving up the 7 spots is worth it.

Here were the guys kept from last year:

Nick Adenhart, Homer Bailey, Daric Barton, Jay Bruce, Clay Buchholz, Armando Camacaro, Joba Chamberlain, Scott Elbert, Jacoby Ellsbury, Carlos Gonzalez, Phil Humber, Eric Hurley, Wil Inman, Clayton Kershaw, Joe Koshansky, Andy LaRoche, Chuck Lofgren, Evan Longoria, Fernando Martinez, Cameron Maybin, Adam Miller, Jeff Niemann, Colby Rasmus, Jeff Samardzija, Ryan Sweeney, Jose Tabata, Joey Votto, Brandon Wood

And drafted so far this year:

Travis Snider, Matt Wieters, David Price, Jacob McGee, Rick Porcello, Andrew McCutchen, Franklin Morales, Wade Davis, Manny Parra, Matt Antonelli, Chase Headley, and then 2 more before the pick I would be trading for

Well, there's a *ton* of value still left, but no one who will help you much this year. Still, there are a ton of great prospects, including:

Austin Jackson

Lars Anderson

Jordan Schafer

Carlos Triunfel

Jeff Clement

Desmond Jennings

Mike Moustakas

Josh Vitters

Jason Heyward

Matt LaPorta

Beau Mills

etc.

etc.

etc.

Plus a *lot* more. So, I'm not necessarily seeing the value in the #6 versus the #13 pick, since there's little to be gained by this year (which your league rewards). I'd be seriously tempted to keep the #13 pick, unless there's someone I'm missing that jumps out at me - at work, so I can't be as detailed.

Here are guys I have my eye on for this pick:

Desmond Jennings

Jordan Schafer

Moustakas

Matt Laporta

Johnny Cueto

Gio Gonzalez

What do you think about Nolan Reimold? Obviously not for this pick but later on in the later rounds? He went to college near me so I saw him a lot.