Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Terrible Trade Offers 2015 Edition

my Cano + Wong + Melancon for Kinsler + Zobrist + Betances ...............

Someone in my league is trading Kershaw straight for Tulo.... what?

My Gomez/Felix/C Carter for his Braun/Votto/Ventura. When I called him out on the huge Felix/Ventura gap, he said:

Hernandez is not a first round player, more like a second round one. Ventura will have stats similar to him minus the K's. Ventura may finish with more wins than Hernandez though because the Royals have a much better teams than the Mariners.

And Ventura had an ADP of 160, but he drafted him in the 8th round.

My Gomez/Felix/C Carter for his Braun/Votto/Ventura. When I called him out on the huge Felix/Ventura gap, he said:

Hernandez is not a first round player, more like a second round one. Ventura will have stats similar to him minus the K's. Ventura may finish with more wins than Hernandez though because the Royals have a much better teams than the Mariners.

that fool needs to get slapped

That first sentence is probably true. The rest of the sentences are lolz wut? Does he not know what the word "similar" means?

That first sentence is probably true. The rest of the sentences are lolz wut? Does he not know what the word "similar" means?

I had responded to him saying "2 first round players" because both Gomez and Felix have ADPs under 10, which helped my argument that he was dumb. It's annoying because he's one of the most willing players in my league to listen to trades, so I keep getting sucked back in even though, without fail, he'll respond to my decent offers with literal garbage. Then if I send him garbage he goes off on me and refuses to respond to my trades for a month.

I had responded to him saying "2 first round players" because both Gomez and Felix have ADPs under 10, which helped my argument that he was dumb. It's annoying because he's one of the most willing players in my league to listen to trades, so I keep getting sucked back in even though, without fail, he'll respond to my decent offers with literal garbage. Then if I send him garbage he goes off on me and refuses to respond to my trades for a month.

What I always find funny is the arguments used in this strategy of downgrading the guy that he wants, while talking up the guy he's giving away. If Ventura is that good...why trade him? Lol. I have a few owners like that in my league.

His Marte, Wainwright, Mejia, and Hawkins for my Carlos Gomez...LOL

This is a fair trade offer. The lol is the fact you thought it was terrible. You overvalue your own players.

Not picking on you specifically, I've seen this sentiment a few times, but I'm going to agree that this is a terrible trade offer. This is sort of a classic "parts are greater than the sum" type offer. It doesn't take too many leaps to where Mejia and Hawkins are scrapped from the closer role and are bad in general; and an injury to Wainwright and now you've traded Gomez for Marte essentially straight up.

If Gomez gets hurt then he essentially traded nothing for Marte, Wainwright and Mejia.

This is a fair trade offer. The lol is the fact you thought it was terrible. You overvalue your own players.
Not picking on you specifically, I've seen this sentiment a few times, but I'm going to agree that this is a terrible trade offer. This is sort of a classic "parts are greater than the sum" type offer. It doesn't take too many leaps to where Mejia and Hawkins are scrapped from the closer role and are bad in general; and an injury to Wainwright and now you've traded Gomez for Marte essentially straight up.

If Gomez gets hurt then he essentially traded nothing for Marte, Wainwright and Mejia.
But Gomez hasn't shown any real propensity for being injury-prone. Like you could say "If Marte gets hurt then you just traded Gomez for Waino and 2 terrible closers". It would be way different if we were talking about Tulo.

edit: I'm dumb because you were just responding to someone saying something to what I did, but the point still stands. None of the guys being talked about are injury prone, so it shouldn't be a factor. Anyone can get hurt. Besides, Waino has been injured the most out of all those guys, so that's another strike against this trade.

It's still not a "terrible" trade offer.

I would accept in a heartbeat. I think Marte has a chance to be almost as good as Gomez this year, plus you get an elite SP and two low-end closers.

You give up about 20 points of AVG and 10-15 HR, and massively gain in pitching. What's wrong with that?

Some idiot just offered me this gem..

I get Dickey, David Ortiz & Jose Reyes

for

HanRam, Stanton and Pujols...

Are people really this dumb!?!?

for

that guy should be severely mocked for even offering that... Straight disrespect.

for

that guy should be severely mocked for even offering that... Straight disrespect.

make sure its not the commish or else you will be removed from the league like me :)

for

They are that dumb. Offering those 3 to upgrade Reyes to HanRam I could see.

loved this thread in bball so thought I would start it up here

I offered sale McGee pompey 4 Harvey cody allen and d Santana

not bad I would think the majorty would want the saele side

I get back counter of his Harvey 4 my sale ha awesome

I'd rather have Harvey...

Okay, not a trade, but not sure where else it would fit.

Holland just got listed on DL on Yahoo, so I was looking for someone to pick up.

Noticed the last transaction in my league: Drop David Robertson, Add Jake Peavy

scooped that up real quick, is there something I'm missing?

Okay, not a trade, but not sure where else it would fit.

Holland just got listed on DL on Yahoo, so I was looking for someone to pick up.

Noticed the last transaction in my league: Drop David Robertson, Add Jake Peavy

scooped that up real quick, is there something I'm missing?

scared me with, "Holland just got listed on the DL" thought you were talking greg Holland ha

and getting a top 5-7 closer for free is a steal pretty bonehead drop

It's still not a "terrible" trade offer.
So Mejia is already hurt and suspended, and Hawkins has been trash, two things not too hard to predict. Congrats. You just traded Gomez for Marte and Wainwright. Any injury/dropoff to Wainwright and pretty much what I said has come true. That sort of risk makes it a terrible trade for a first rounder.

Pitchers get hurt at an exponentially higher rate than hitters. Anyone could get hurt, it's a far far safer bet to assume a pitcher will get injured.

Guy offered me Howard, Gattis, and Big Papi for Posey and Stanton.