Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colepenhagen

Terrible Trade Offers 2015 Edition

JT Realmuto and JJ Hoover for Alex Wood.

Oh wait, that was proposed to me (and I'm the one who got Wood). Somebody out there loves Realmuto!

Am I crazy or is this pretty bad? In a KEEPER league (can keep up to 6 as long as you want):

My Arenado/Anibal/Salazar for his Beltre/J.Zimmerman

Am I crazy or is this pretty bad? In a KEEPER league (can keep up to 6 as long as you want):

Not bad to me

I wouldn't take it, but it's a far cry from terrible.

trade excepted in my league

sonny gray 4 donaldson

Ya cant beleive he excepted that to. While Brantley may or may not have hit his pique yet, you can always ensure your players by hitting the waiver wire. Whatever its probably all mute anyways since there both, in affect, slumping. I know its alot to consider but that's my advise, good luck!

I told someone I liked Bautista..

Got offered Bautista and Jean Segura for Hanley and Nelson Cruz.

Got offered Cuddyer Mejia (before he got hurt but still) and Ian Kennedy for my Zimmerman Cruz and Soriano.

"cuddyer had a great spring and Kennedy is a top 10 pitcher in petco"

I don't even have much of a block up-- and have made it pretty well-known, I am not interested in dealing Mookie unless I am blown out of the water. Still so, someone persists with lame-duck offers....
But it didn't stop there. He asked for Harvey, as well. And he pulled the ol' "quantity > quality!" offer..
I forget some earlier offers that were clown-like, but this one was pretty lame I felt:

He offered his: Jordan Zimmerman, Neil Walker (I do like him, but not for Betts*), and Curtis Grandserson
For my: Matt Harvey, Mookie Betts

I replied and was blunt about having 0 interest in Grandy. From there, I break it down, and even with a good team behind me this year (and a good amount of upside plays besides these two), I looked at it as a 2-for-2: Harvey for Zimmerman and Walker for Betts. More (or less) the players on my team with the most upside.... for the one Mets player who can't accidentally hit a ball right now and two

on the other spectrum... I felt like I pulled the wool quite a bit earlier on, but now am hoping it doesn't blow up in my face. I offered Heyward (he rubs me the wrong way every year and somehow I wound up post-draft again, but if anything burns me, it will be him in this deal) and Evan Gattis (now OF eligible too)....Gattis had been 0-21 when the deal was completed, so I sold on him pretty timely (opposed to 0-12 when it was accepted). In return, he sent Billy Hamilton (who was scorching out of the gates) and Pineda (love his K/9 potential given an IP cap in this league, and he has flashed dominance).

I felt like I managed to really steal one there, but with Hamilton going from the #2 Yahoo player when the deal is made, to having mild hammy issues and hardly hitting since I inserted him in my lineup... we'll see. I was shocked the guy accepted- let alone was not offended- but it looks more even now, I suppose.

I anticipate a lot of bad offers headed my way in due time... though I'm learning whose offers to head into ready to hit decline on and who is worth approaching or negotiating with...

my Cano + Wong + Melancon for Kinsler + Zobrist + Betances ...............

Kinsler>Cano

Zobrist = Wong

Melancon = Betances.

So what's the problem?

Cano>Kinsler

Zobrist=Wong

Melancon>Betances

Betances isn't even closing right now, so that kind of kills his value. And everyone can agree that Cano is the first 2B off the board in every draft. It's not the worst offer in the world, but it offers absolutely no incentive to drop down from Cano to Kinsler at 2B.

Finally got my first terrible offer.

My A.Jones/Salazar for his Tehran

Terrible offer in my league just got declined by this owner. Guy proposed Kershaw+Puig for Cruz+Fielder and got rejected!! Lmao I then swapped my Bryant/Kimbrel for his Puig/Lester. Score.

Terrible offer in my league just got declined by this owner. Guy proposed Kershaw+Puig for Cruz+Fielder and got rejected!! Lmao I then swapped my Bryant/Kimbrel for his Puig/Lester. Score.

rather have bryant and kimbrel well its a lot closer than you think

kimbrel>lester

bryant= <puig

Oh boy ! In a Roto Keeper League, i offered Kole Calhoun and Jason Heyward for his Hector Rondon and Jose Reyes (already on DL).

He counter with Jose Reyes (on DL) and David Wright (on DL too) for my AJ Pollock and Nolan Arenado.

Damn...

I enquired about David Price with his owner, and he offered me his David Price and last round pick next year for my Matt Harvey, Bryce Harper and 2nd round pick. Uh yeah no.

Dynasty offer from guy after I sent offer for Correa (he is being serious and sent out like a 5 paragraph message with the offer explaining why I should take it):

BEAN trades Addison Russell, ChC SS to MB M
BEAN trades Joc Pederson, LAD LF to MB M
BEAN trades Yasiel Puig*, LAD RF to MB M
BEAN trades Anthony Rendon*, Wsh 2B to MB M
BEAN trades Johnny Cueto, Cin SP to MB M
BEAN trades Danny Salazar, Cle SP to MB M
MB M trades Marlon Byrd, Cin RF to BEAN
MB M trades Angel Pagan, SF CF to BEAN
MB M trades Carlos Correa, Hou SS to BEAN
MB M trades James Paxton, Sea SP to BEAN
MB M trades Wei-Yin Chen, Bal SP to BEAN
MB M trades Dillon Gee, NYM SP to BEAN

Dynasty offer from guy after I sent offer for Correa (he is being serious and sent out like a 5 paragraph message with the offer explaining why I should take it):

This might be the worst one I've ever seem.

you can take any 2 players (not names salazat and russell) and i would want the 2 players over that bunch of trash

guy offered me Collimenter, Gardner and Pollock for L Cain, Souza (before he was officially slumping) and Wacha, and was confused why I did not think it was a good deal for me.

guy offered me Collimenter, Gardner and Pollock for L Cain, Souza (before he was officially slumping) and Wacha, and was confused why I did not think it was a good deal for me.

gardner=>cain

polluck>souza

collmentor<wacha

pretty even dont see why this is terrible

Pollock is dreadful, as is Souza. Wacha is not someone I am gonna give up for a garbage pitcher off waivers.

Pollock is dreadful, as is Souza. Wacha is not someone I am gonna give up for a garbage pitcher off waivers.

I wouldn't have taken the trade myself, but that's due mostly to the gap between Wacha and Collmentor. Pollock being dreadful is one of the strangest things I've read on these boards to be honest. Sure, he was a bit cold at one point, but he's hitting .295 with 19 runs and 5 stolen bases. Certainly not one of the premier outfielders, but gets the job done and is a very far cry from dreadful. Again, I wouldn't take the trade but terrible it is not.