Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deuce4off

Bradley Zimmer - OF CLE

Selected 21st overall in the 2014 draft. Kyle Zimmer's brother. Slashed .300/.400/.492 last year in the minors to go with 36/6/32/12 in 48 games. Should move quickly.

Thoughts? ETA?

Gonna be seeing Zimmer tonight in person and a lot this season. His average, OBP, and SLG should be good, but he's still in A ball so probably 2 years away at least. In college last year, he was in the only player in the nation to be top 50 in steals (21) and slugging percentage (.573).

Christian Yelich would be the comp for me. Anyone agree?

Sidenote/CSB: Its awesome when a good prospect plays for your hometown minor league club. Hillcats had Jose Peraza last year and he was a lot of fun to watch.

Zimmer is a very under rated hitting prospect. He isn't lighting Advanced A on fire just yet but I have a feeling he's going to get really hot really soon.

Zimmer is a very under rated hitting prospect. He isn't lighting Advanced A on fire just yet but I have a feeling he's going to get really hot really soon.

Hit a no doubter to dead center tonight. I know you know your prospects, would you say Yelich is a good comp?

He's homered in the past 3 games. That puts him at .324/ 4 HR/ 7 RBI/ 5 SB through 10 games.

CSB

Saw Zimmer at my bar tonight when he was walking out and he was appalled when I said I think I have you on my fantasy team. (Didn't 100% know it was him) He was a humble dude. He seemed like he actually wanted to talk baseball even though he was leaving which is good to see from a young kid. I didn't want to gas him up too much, but he's homered the past 3 games and I had to give him some praise. Living in a small city sucks most of the time, but I guess sometimes it has a few perks.

He's homered in the past 3 games. That puts him at .324/ 4 HR/ 7 RBI/ 5 SB through 10 games.

CSB

Saw Zimmer at my bar tonight when he was walking out and he was appalled when I said I think I have you on my fantasy team. (Didn't 100% know it was him) He was a humble dude. He seemed like he actually wanted to talk baseball even though he was leaving which is good to see from a young kid. I didn't want to gas him up too much, but he's homered the past 3 games and I had to give him some praise. Living in a small city sucks most of the time, but I guess sometimes it has a few perks.

Yeah he's playing well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at AA by June or July. Potential 5-cat contributor really makes him intriguing. Brandon Moss has a year of arbitration left, and then he's gone. So Zimmer could push for a starting gig sometime next year if Moss decides to leave. He's more polished than Clint Frazier, and should move faster than him as well.

Through 19 games, he's slashing .357/.452/.586 with 4 hr's and 10 sb's. If he keeps playing this well, he will be cracking mid-season top 50 lists.

41 games... .309/.404/.526 8 hr's 19 sb's. AA not far away.

I own him, I need him, ETA ? I was thinking 2016 ?

I own him, I need him, ETA ? I was thinking 2016 ?

Yeah, I'm thinking June-July 2016. Maybe a little sooner if he finishes at AAA this year.

CJ Wittmann @CJWittJr 2h2 hours ago

I love Bradley Zimmer's swing

Zimmer showing off power to all fields in BP; especially pull-side. Not a huge part of his game but it's in there.

Zimmer put one out dead CF w/ wind slightly in coming from left to right. That's a really tough feat in Wilmington.

CJ Wittmann @CJWittJr 1h1 hour ago

I don't think power will be a huge part of Zimmer's game but the raw pop is there. I think he could settle into 10-15 HR range.

Kiley McDaniel @kileymcd 2h2 hours ago

Two big surprises in BP for me relative to expectations were SS Trea Turner (flashed 50) and CF Brad Zimmer (showed 60 a number of times).

Tucker Blair @TuckerBlairON 54m54 minutes ago

Bradley Zimmer has been one of the most impressive players I have seen all year. He's shown it all; speed/contact/glove/arm. Power flashes

Wonder if his time table has accelerated with the season he's having. He's 22 and raking.

Any chance he gets a cup of coffee this year? Seems very doubtful, just wondering what you guys think

I don't see it happening. He's just starting at AA and I'm sure Cleveland wants to get him some AB's vs. upper level pitching. Mid 2016 for me as of right now.

3/5 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI's, a SB, and a K tonight.

To answer the question above, if he's available in a dynasty, I'd grab this kid ASAP. McDaniel bumping his raw power up to a 60 is a pleasant surprise for Zimmer.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kiley-mcdaniel-prospects-chat-71415/

Comment From Pirates Hurdles
Futures Game thoughts? Anything stand out in a positive or negative manner?

Kiley McDaniel: I tweeted that Brad Zimmer’s raw power went from about 50 to about 60 in the last 12 months, which I didn’t see coming. Trea Turner went from about 40 to about 50 in the same timeframe–he hit one in the second deck to left field at the end of his round. I hadn’t seen Nick Williams hit a ball that far before (off the black building in CF). I hadn’t seen some of the pitchers before, but they were all roughly where I thought they’d be. 102 from Frankie Montas was the highest reading I’ve ever gotten.

Comment From Larry
Bradley Zimmer promoted to AA this week. Whats a realistic ETA for him? Late 2016?

Kiley McDaniel: I would say 2016, yes.

Comment From GSon
Bradley Zimmer was just promoted to the Akron Rubber Ducks.. does he stay in CF or is he destined to be a c-OF’er with speed, power and decent batting peripherals?

Kiley McDaniel: The pre-draft comp was Christian Yelich and he’s a tweener as well. I’d guess RF eventually, but maybe CF for a bit longer.

Comment From JDYANKS
Is Bradley Zimmer’s comp still Yelich, or has he elevated out of that expectation?

Kiley McDaniel: Yelich produced 4.3 WAR last year. That’s a great outcome where Zimmer was drafted. Could still be even better than Yelich, tho.