Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deuce4off

Bradley Zimmer - OF CLE

Not too far off from what Springer was doing the year before he was called up.

Except Springer could hit both righties and lefties.

Zimmer reminds me more of Jon Singleton with speed.

3/4 with a steal last night. Double short of a cycle. Of course he K'd though too. Has his slash line currently at .248/.381/.531 putting his OPS at .912. The K percentage (36%) and vs LHP (.407 OPS, gasp!) continue to be issues, but I really think this kid can be a force. With the holes in Cleveland's outfield, I was hoping it would be this year, but I'm thinking we may be looking at Super 2 2017 if he doesn't make the adjustments to his K rate.

I spent some time researching, and if i could compare him to any two players, it would be Michael Taylor and Colby Rasmus.

Any chance we see him in the crapshow that is the CLE OF this year? Especially with Byrd being suspended.

With his K rate of near 37% and struggles vs LHP (3 for 39 for the season), I think its likely he'd get exposed in the majors.

I own him in multiple dynasty leagues, and would prefer he spends this season honing his craft. Getting rushed and exposed would do him no favors.

With his K rate of near 37% and struggles vs LHP (3 for 39 for the season), I think its likely he'd get exposed in the majors.

I own him in multiple dynasty leagues, and would prefer he spends this season honing his craft. Getting rushed and exposed would do him no favors.

Yeah K rate is too high especially considering the fact that he isn't even really advanced for his age. Baez, Story, Betts, Harper ... Those guys are the same age his Zimmer and already in the bigs.

The caught stealings are too high as well. Also his slugging percentage is only .515 and it's probably a bit inflated with 5 triples as I'm sure one or two of those don't happen against an AAA OF let alone a big league OF off of big league pitching.

Also the batting average is only .243 .... Not good. Batting average (despite all this new saber thinking) is still very much so important. I know it gets lost in the shuffle with too many people over valuing OBP vs BA (not to say that OBP isn't important) but when it comes down to it you can't count on good pitchers walking you especially if you're only hitting .243, good hitters get walks at the big league level because they prove they can hit and hit for power.

Zimmer has really picked it up since April 30th. But he needs to continue to improve all around before Cleveland just throws him to the dogs. He has the type of stats that get exploited at the big league level badly. Not saying he couldn't be ready to produce in the majors at some point but he still needs to continue to improve in many facets of his offensive game.

Monster game tonight.  2 for 2 with 3 BB and 3 SBs.  He could be a stat stuffing legend at the MLB level. Just have to hope he can make strides in the aforementioned areas of weakness.

Some of the comps I've heard on this guy are ludicrous. Also some have said more refined and better approach than Frazier? Somehow he's gotten more hype than Clint but looks like a far less likely bet to be an MLB regular in my eyes. 

K rate is at very high level for AA and I think he sells out for power and will have to adjust that to have big league success. Ultimately don't think we see either up the road in Cleveland in 2016 but both can play CF and if we do see either I think it's gonna be Frazier. If you can do a 1-1, Zimmer for Frazier in a dynasty league I'd do that in a heartbeat. 

Really hitting his stride.  2 more steals

Sunday.  Last 10 games hitting .343 with 7 BB to 7 K and 6 SBs.  With how much of a premium SBs are at right now I think this guy from a fantasy perspective is one of the most intriguing prospects.

He has started July off with a bang.  If you had told me in the preseason that Brantley would miss most of the first half, I'd have said there was no chance this kid was still in the minors.  Those K's and struggles vs LHP are very real though.  I'm thinking Super 2 next year is the time we might see both him and Frazier at this point.  

2 hours ago, Dahk said:

He has started July off with a bang.  If you had told me in the preseason that Brantley would miss most of the first half, I'd have said there was no chance this kid was still in the minors.  Those K's and struggles vs LHP are very real though.  I'm thinking Super 2 next year is the time we might see both him and Frazier at this point.  

Yeah I agree -- I thought Zimmer might be a fast riser this year... a guy that hit the bigs in June and just exploded.  Their OF had very little depth to begin with and was stocked with some injury prone dudes and unproven guys.  Naquin has been a pleasant surprise, and Ramirez isn't embarrassing himself either. 

That said, figured Zimmer would've arrived, but as you said... those Ks are insane.  Still... the category juice is incredible if he ever gets those under control.  I get a bit of a George Springer vibe here... I was always afraid of Springer due to the K-rate and never wanted much to do with him.  Springer made me really, really regret that decision.  Some guys never harness them, but others take major steps forward in plate discipline.

As an Indians guy, really looking foward to seeing Brantley, Frazier and Zimmer in the outfield

26 minutes ago, crookedmacs said:

As an Indians guy, really looking foward to seeing Brantley, Frazier and Zimmer in the outfield

I'll drink to that.

1 hour ago, crookedmacs said:

As a Red Sox fan who owns all 3 in a dynasty league, I concur!

Indians OF prospect Bradley Zimmer reached base four times in Tuesday's win for Double-A Akron.

Zimmer contributed three hits including his 14th homer while also driving in three runs. The 23-year-old is having a monster year for the RubberDucks. He's second in the Eastern League in stolen bases (28), fifth in triples (six), sixth in home runs (14) and seventh in RBI (49). Zimmer's high strikeout rate (102 Ks in 288 at-bats) is the only thing keeping him in Double-A.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:28 PM, JFS171 said:
2 minutes ago, Wild Thing said:

Any guesses on eta post Frazier trade?

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:28 PM, JFS171 said:

September 1st, maybe.

He looks lost against LHP or against decent MILB pitching.  I like him, but I feel we are going to have to wait until he is 27/28 to have a breakout where he is a consensus top 20 OF.   Not saying he can't be a #4 type OF as soon as next year, but his lack of consistency will be frustrating.

Conforto is a perfect example of a top prospect who gets exposed at the MLB level, especially with a similar batting profile to Zimmer (solid power, ultra-platoon splits, low-contact rate.)  I think Aaron Altherr can give you similar production for the next couple of years.

Its a thin line between guys like George Springer and Michael Taylor.  Zimmer has the tools, but even Mike Zunino can look like a world beater in the minors.

Just proceed with caution fellas.

1 hour ago, Wild Thing said:

If Bradley can't hit lefties, how is he off to a fast start in AAA?  

By facing righties, obviously.  Since the promotion he's 1 for 6 against LHP.

33 minutes ago, Encarnacion said:

By facing righties, obviously.  Since the promotion he's 1 for 6 against LHP.

That's what I figured but good to know. Thanks. I'm hesitant to pick him up until he shows signs he can hit lefties

They have no reason to rush him until gets gets his issues against LHP under control.  The K rate is a real concern.