Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LosGringos

Successful Trades 2015 Edition

Ok, a week or two ago, but still pretty happy about this one:

5x5 ESPN Roto, Standard Scoring

4 Keepers

Gave: Tulo, Bartolo

Got: Frazier, Kluber

Ok, a week or two ago, but still pretty happy about this one:

5x5 ESPN Roto, Standard Scoring

4 Keepers

Gave: Tulo, Bartolo

Got: Frazier, Kluber

This trade belongs in the terrible trade offers thread. :)

last week.

give- Mark Melancon

got- Ben Revere.

2 weeks ago.

give- Brandon Moss, Jake Marisnick, Danny Santana.

got- Collin McHugh, Billy Butler, Alexei Ramirez

Gave Beltre

Got Pujols

Keeper league before season started:

Gave K Bryant

Got Freeman and J. Zimmerman

Sent away: Cody Allen, Huston Street

Received: Glen perkins, Jason Grilli, Adam Occtovino (2 days before he went on DL, Damn It!!!)

Recently bought low on Fowler... but to do so I had to expand the deal. Felt perfectly OK with this- the 2nd piece I received was Joey Votto. Saves are like golden nuggets in this league...

I sent-

RP Drew Storen, SP Lance Lynn

He sent-
OF Dexter Fowler, 1B Joey Votto

I had been trying to net some saves and actually dealt for Storen in a separate deal... but quickly sent him off in this deal. I'll take two top-100 offensive pieces over pitchers almost all of the time... and Fowler is great in an OBP league. (Votto too.)

April

I sent Carrasco

I got Hanley

Same team but different manager

I sent Fernandez and Kemp

I got Calhoun and Carrasco

A 1-for-1... started out bigger, but became simplified and when he offered me an "out" on Jorge Soler, I bit. I admit he bought low here and I may be buying high, or buying unrealistic expectations anyway. But I like my return even if the current Yahoo rankings are unlikely to be the same in 3 months...

I sent: OF Jorge Soler (currently 287th OVR in Yahoo's pool)

He sent: SP Jake Odorizzi (currently 52nd OVR in Yahoo's pool)

I came into this season expecting so much more (to point) from Soler I admit I may be selling off early... but he has frustrating me to death. This is a redraft for the record...

He wanted Bumgarner from me.

He offered Salazar Arenado or Ross Rendon

I accepted Ross Rendon for Bumgarner.

4 player keeper league. I know I gave up the best player in the deal, but my hitting is struggling in a big way and has put me in 10th out of 12. My pitching has carried me. I didn't mind losing a bit of pitching to improve my hitting. (hopefully)

Ross' groundball rate compared to Salazar's flyball rate and HR issues is what swayed me. Still a good K pitcher in a good pitcher's park. Might not get the wins that Bumgarner gets, and a bit of a hit on WHIP and ERA, but Rendon's offensive numbers should help my team in the hitting department.

12 team, 5x5, H2H, non-keeper...currently sitting in first:

Gave: Chris Archer and Brandon Crawford

Received: Josh Donaldson

I offered another owner Shark+Howie Kendrick for his Price, he rejected it and countered it with Salazar+Howie Kendrick for his Price+David Murphy. I rate Shark higher than Salazar so yea I took that :D

After researching the effectiveness of pitching with a partially torn UCL and satisfying myself that it was possible, I swapped AJ Ramos for Masahiro Tanaka. Medium risk, high reward IMO.

Points League

I sent: David Price + Jordon Zimmermann + Kendrys Morales

I acquired: Cole Hamels + Carlos Carrasco + AJ Pollock

Gave: Kyle Seager

Got: Jake Arrieta

I felt like Seager was expendable and I added a potential Top 15 arm to give my SP more flexibility. Now I need to move Gattis or Lucroy...

12-team keeper league:

Sent: Cano and T.Walker

Got: JFer and Aybar

I've made more deals this season than most all years in the past combined.....

A few (very) recent deals made-

My Jorge Soler for his Jake Odorizzi

Soler hit the DL in his first game with his new owner, and Odorizzi went down last night in his first start with me. Wash... for now.

My Billy Hamilton for his Joakim Soria

I have padded my steal statistics and have a nice pt. total,and am now attempting to play catch-up in the SV category, since I haven't quite punted it (and have more points than I had imagined when I checked the other day)... Hamilton has been hot, but Soria (even with the blown save a night ago- note it took place in his lineup, the trade still transacting- I'm confident in him once the Tigers get out of this funk). For now I view this as a success, since Hamilton can be up-and-down to a menacing point and when he doesn't run, he isn't more than an OF5. His potential to be an OF1 being there scares me but this is roto and as mentioned, I've padded some SB points... now I need to net some saves. Success at least to me unless Hamilton goes nuts or Soria gets hurt...

My Matt Harvey, Mookie Betts for his Sonny Gray
Gray is the #4 OVR player in our pool. Betts has gotten to the point of frustrating to own and too annoying to bench. And this owner is over a projected IP limit, so Harvey and a potential shutdown wouldn't affect him as much. I'm hoping Mookie doesn't start to go nuts now, but to date he has been incredibly inconsistent for me, and is sitting in the 150 or so range in our pool's rankings having fallen a lot over the last month. I admit Gray is one of my favorites... maybe paid a bit to get him, but he has been the best pitcher in fantasy this year. Top-5 in our league's pool OVR... couldn't pass it up.

14 team redraft 14 cat

3 weeks ago

His Kershaw for my Rodon and Archer.

1 week ago

His S Miller for my Gio and Grilli.

Points League

I sent: David Price + Jordon Zimmermann + Kendrys Morales

I acquired: Cole Hamels + Carlos Carrasco + AJ Pollock

I really like this

My Mookie betts and Carlos correa

His miggy

Wow.....just wow.

I traded away Choo and Clippard for Kenley and Maybin. It feels like a draw, I just love that k rate out of Jansen. Anyone see a winner here?

my Kipnis, Upton, and Cashner

his Weiters, Rodon

I needed the catcher as I was using Chirnos. Collecting young SP for next year and beyond. The open spot used for promoting Correa. Picked up Nicolina for a spot on the minor farm team.

Gave up a lot but not a Kipnis or Upton fan as both seem to fade after the ASB.