Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dodgerev

auction draft/keeper league $$ need a few more teams

I've put together an auction draft/keeper league on CBS Sportsline that will use the auction drafting interface from fantasyauctioneer.com.

The league dues are $150 each..this pays for the site fees with the rest going to the league winners.

8x8 roto scoring. $260 salary cap per team. The draft is early March.

We will keep 7 players from year to year.

If you are a serious fantasy player with a good sense of humor, this might be the league for you..

If you're interested in joining, please email me at phattyev@yahoo.com and I'll answer any additional questions you might have.

Evan

Simi Valley, Ca

I've received a fair amount of emails asking for more details on the league, so here they are:

I'm hoping for 12-15 teams. I currently have 6 teams

that have committed.

-8x8 - roto scoring (8-batting categories and 8-pitching categories).

-Salary cap of $260 per team.

-$150 league dues which goes to paying the site fees and the rest going to the league winners (payouts for 1st-5th place).

-Live Auction draft via fantasyauctioneer.com. If you haven't done an auction draft, it's awesome! I've only done one, but I'm hooked.

-total of 29 players drafted. 22-active players and 7-bench slots with 2-IR/DL slots.

It's a keeper league.

-8 keepers per team

1-MI, 1-CI,

1-OF, 1-Util, 2-SP, 2-RP.

-The hitting cats are: HR, RBI, R, SB, BA, Slg%, OB%, K's

-the pitching cats are: K's, Wins, Holds, Saves, ERA, WHIP, BAA, Homeruns allowed.

-If we end up with 15 teams the payouts will be:

1st place: 60% of the pot (approx. $1200)

2nd place: 20% of the pot (approx. $400)

3rd place: 10% of the pot (approx. $200)

4th place: 5% of the pot (approx. $100)

5th place: 5% of the pot (approx. $100)

-Lineup changes daily, trades will be done via league votes (5 or more objections to a trade and it will be vetoed).

The draft is currently March 9th at 9pm Eastern, but may be moved if we have scheduling conflicts.

If you have any other questions, please email me at phattyev@yahoo.com.

You can look up my Yahoo userid (Bling Bling) to see more info about me and the leagues I've run over the years. There's no collusion, no sneaky trades, lots of good humor, and great competition.

Please email me if you have any other questions about the league.

Thanks!

Evan

phattyev@yahoo.com

I still have four slots left...Please email me asap to get the link!

Thanks!

Evan

I've received a fair amount of emails asking for more details on the league, so here they are:

I'm hoping for 12-15 teams. I currently have 6 teams

that have committed.

-8x8 - roto scoring (8-batting categories and 8-pitching categories).

-Salary cap of $260 per team.

-$150 league dues which goes to paying the site fees and the rest going to the league winners (payouts for 1st-5th place).

-Live Auction draft via fantasyauctioneer.com. If you haven't done an auction draft, it's awesome! I've only done one, but I'm hooked.

-total of 29 players drafted. 22-active players and 7-bench slots with 2-IR/DL slots.

It's a keeper league.

-8 keepers per team

1-MI, 1-CI,

1-OF, 1-Util, 2-SP, 2-RP.

-The hitting cats are: HR, RBI, R, SB, BA, Slg%, OB%, K's

-the pitching cats are: K's, Wins, Holds, Saves, ERA, WHIP, BAA, Homeruns allowed.

-If we end up with 15 teams the payouts will be:

1st place: 60% of the pot (approx. $1200)

2nd place: 20% of the pot (approx. $400)

3rd place: 10% of the pot (approx. $200)

4th place: 5% of the pot (approx. $100)

5th place: 5% of the pot (approx. $100)

-Lineup changes daily, trades will be done via league votes (5 or more objections to a trade and it will be vetoed).

The draft is currently March 9th at 9pm Eastern, but may be moved if we have scheduling conflicts.

If you have any other questions, please email me at phattyev@yahoo.com.

You can look up my Yahoo userid (Bling Bling) to see more info about me and the leagues I've run over the years. There's no collusion, no sneaky trades, lots of good humor, and great competition.

Please email me if you have any other questions about the league.

Thanks!

Evan

phattyev@yahoo.com

A couple more things I forgot to mention:

-This league has "DAILY" transactions

-a max games played limit of 162 per position, and 1250 max innings pitched

Everyone must pay their league dues of $150 before they can draft. This saves me from trying to track everyone down during the season.

I realize that $150 is steep for some, but fantasy baseball is a marathon and I've discovered that managers who have more money in the pot tend to pay more attention to their team/the league (I think we all hate when half the league has given up by the all-star break).

If you're interested, please email me asap as the draft is less than two weeks away!

Thanks!

Evan

Simi Valley, Ca

phattyev@yahoo.com

I still have four slots left...Please email me asap to get the link!

Thanks!

Evan

We're up to 9 teams! Looking for at least three more, hopefully 6 more which would take us up to 15 total.

I've received a few emails saying that if I lowered the league dues they might join. What I've done is moved the draft date to later in March (March 22nd, 9pm Eastern), and I've lowered the league dues to $75 per team.

Aside from paying the Site fees of $130, the rest of the league dues will go to places 1st-5th.

I just read the post above stating to "beware of anonymous money leagues", so hopefully that isn't keeping teams from joining this league. If you're thinking about joining but aren't pulling the trigger for some reason or another, please let me know what info you need and I'll get it to you via a phone call, email, or posting here on Roto..

Thanks for reading, and please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!

Evan

Simi Valley, Ca

I am interested. Do you know when drafting? Where to send money?

michialmclaughlin@gmail.com

We're up to 9 teams! Looking for at least three more, hopefully 6 more which would take us up to 15 total.

I've received a few emails saying that if I lowered the league dues they might join. What I've done is moved the draft date to later in March (March 22nd, 9pm Eastern), and I've lowered the league dues to $75 per team.

Aside from paying the Site fees of $130, the rest of the league dues will go to places 1st-5th.

I just read the post above stating to "beware of anonymous money leagues", so hopefully that isn't keeping teams from joining this league. If you're thinking about joining but aren't pulling the trigger for some reason or another, please let me know what info you need and I'll get it to you via a phone call, email, or posting here on Roto..

Thanks for reading, and please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!

Evan

Simi Valley, Ca