Tryptamine

Gleyber Torres - SS NYY

the 18 year old continues to look too advanced for A ball. He's sporting a

.333/.424./.408 line

Most publications had him just outside the top 100 going into the year so it wont be shocking if he's top 50 come the mid season reports.

Love the advanced approach, but no real over the fence pop to speak of right now. Could develop over time. For deeper leagues the kid has cemented himself as a sure fire top 100 prospect next year already after just missing in quite a few places. Pedigree and production will do that for you,

Deeper leagues buy now if you can scoop him. Top 100 likely with upside for more.

3/5 with 2SB tonight. He's making a strong case for promotion to A+ in only his 18 year old season.

Yeah, I live in South Bend and haven't gotten out to the park to watch him much yet but I'm goign to have to start going every time I have a chance... cause he's just not going to be here long at this point.

• Like 1

Saw him play a few times in South Bend earlier this year. No one tool that blows you away but has all the makings to be a really impressive player with much development to come.

• Like 1

Been starting to hear Jose Altuve comps. Maybe less speed but could develop more power as he matures. Projects as a likely second baseman in the majors

Pretty impressive for an 18 year old. Excited to see his progression as he moves up.

If the power ever develops, he might end up being a special one. Even if it's only 10-15HR power.

• Like 1

Another good game for Gleyber Torres tonight:

2/4 with a 3B, RBI, and a SB. That's 15 SB's on the year for Torres.

I'd say he's ready for High A, but I'd imagine the Cubs are in no hurry with Russell already in the bigs. Nice problem to have for an organization.

I'd say he's ready for High A, but I'd imagine the Cubs are in no hurry with Russell already in the bigs. Nice problem to have for an organization.

High A would be insanely aggressive but he's really done all they could ask of him at this time. Really encouraging to see. Not sure the ceiling is Russell esque but if he maintains this level of performance he could be a top 20 or so guy going into next year (for real life purposes). If he ever adds power the league needs to watch out.

High A would be insanely aggressive but he's really done all they could ask of him at this time. Really encouraging to see. Not sure the ceiling is Russell esque but if he maintains this level of performance he could be a top 20 or so guy going into next year (for real life purposes). If he ever adds power the league needs to watch out.

Regardless of if he ever gets a + power tool, the kid is going to be something fantastic. He's 18 years old, and looks every bit the part of a projectable MLB All Star. Either he eventually forces the Cubs hand down the road, or used as a centerpiece in a large deal.

http://m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/162156078/cubs-carl-edwards-on-witnessing-2015-playoffs?topicid=151437456

Jaron Madison, director of player development, projected shortstop Gleyber Torres, the Cubs' top prospect on MLB.com's list of top 30, will open the 2016 season at Class A Advanced Myrtle Beach, while outfielder Eloy Jimenez, ranked 14th, will begin the year at Class A South Bend.

Gleyber finished the season at A+ and it looks like he will start there to begin the 2016 season.

• Like 1

Off to a little bit of a slow start at High A Myrtle Beach with lots of ks. Surely will be an adjustment period and I think Torres' hit tool will carry him even in bigs but the k% is something to keep an eye on.