Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tryptamine

Gleyber Torres - SS NYY

This is a guy who is years away. Struggled out the gate but has come back a bit lately. Lot of people forecasting big things for him long term. However, he doesn't have a ton of power or a ton of speed, so fantasy wise I would expect him to be a solid regular rather then all star.

I say this as a Torres owner. If he can keep hitting I expect to see him as a top 20 or so prospect next year,

Sweet...I'd like to see him start picking it up, I've got plans for him in my dynasty league.

Side note: Thanks for all the updates you provide in the forum NYR Fan!!! Much appreciated!

^No problem man!

Nice night for Torres last evening. 3/3 with a 2B, BB, and a SB (4th of the season)

Hit his 4th HR of the season tonight which is a new season high for him. As disappointing as the start of the season has been for him, Gleyber suddenly flashing 15HR power should make owners very excited.

HR #6 on the year, already double what he's had in any season. If he grows into 15-20HR power he becomes a very exciting prospect.

Following Gleyber's extremely slow start to the season, he's posted a .307/.358/.509 line with 5 HRs and 7 SB in 128PAs since the start of May. Continuing on his tear, he went 3 for 3 tonight with 3 doubles and a walk.

Torres since May 1: 154 PA, .316/.389/.534, 6 HR, 29/16 K/BB, 10/13 SB

He may enter 2017 as a top 10-15 prospect

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Pulled from his start this evening.....

Oh man this could get fun.

2 hours ago, footy1 said:

I think that he's getting moved for Chapman

Yup, looks likely. I wonder how soon he makes the big club. Still a couple years? My guess is Didi at SS, slide Castro to 3B and Torres 2B? Or Didi to 2B and Torres SS

12 minutes ago, nodnarbnap said:

Yup, looks likely. I wonder how soon he makes the big club. Still a couple years? My guess is Didi at SS, slide Castro to 3B and Torres 2B? Or Didi to 2B and Torres SS

Don't forget Mateo

1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Don't forget Mateo

Yea, haven't forgotten him. My guess is one of these guys go to LF or maybe Mateo to CF once Els is gone?

Went down to Myrtle Beach for vacation and planned to check Torres out while down there, and of course the game I choose to go to was right in the middle of the trade of him to the Yankees so the Pelicans pulled him out of the line up right before the game.

On 12/1/2016 at 1:03 PM, sanderz16 said:

Cashman says he's going to start in AA.  Won the MVP in the AZ Fall League.  Didi had a decent year.  They have Mateo.  Anyone peer into their crystal ball and have a guesstimate as to when he gets a cup of coffee?

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20161126&content_id=209666068&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

wouldnt expect his cup of coffee until 2018 TBH

Kid is having a pretty solid spring.

http://m.mlb.com/player/650402/gleyber-torres?year=2017&stats=career-r-hitting-minors

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/2d46123a-596e-39d5-92e2-00f4ec4ceb49/ss_gleyber-torres-isn’t-making-a.html 

starting to think he may be up by the 2nd half of the year if he continues this in the minors.

Didi Gregorius has left Team Netherlands because of a right shoulder injury.

Gregorius is flying back to Yankees camp in Tampa for more tests Monday after undergoing a preliminary MRI on Sunday. The initial diagnosis is a hematoma of the subcapsular muscle. There should be more clarity on the situation by Tuesday. Gregorius obviously won't be suiting up for Team Netherlands against Team Puerto Rico in the WBC semifinals on Monday night.

Maybe???

13 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Didi Gregorius has left Team Netherlands because of a right shoulder injury.

Gregorius is flying back to Yankees camp in Tampa for more tests Monday after undergoing a preliminary MRI on Sunday. The initial diagnosis is a hematoma of the subcapsular muscle. There should be more clarity on the situation by Tuesday. Gregorius obviously won't be suiting up for Team Netherlands against Team Puerto Rico in the WBC semifinals on Monday night.

Maybe???

Maybe, I think Didi will be OK...But; if not  probably Castro SS, Refsnyder 2B