Tryptamine

Gleyber Torres - SS NYY

Time to grab and stash. I dropped Schwarber for him yesterday. Word out of NY is that he's gonna take Headley's spot once healthy. He had to have xrays over the weekend but they were negative. He's the next hot SS that will hit the bigs soon. Get on board now!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

good call!

he was well on his way to forcing a callup based on his play at triple A after adjusting.. xrays were negative at first and the guy read some articles and let us know. dont give him s--- for trying to help us

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nodnarbnap said:

Getting Tommy John....as a fantasy owner and Yankees fan, this is devastating news.

same! was so excited to see him getting a chance later this season with the rest of the young roster.

Just now, bronxbombers723 said:

he was well on his way to forcing a callup based on his play at triple A after adjusting.. xrays were negative at first and the guy read some articles and let us know. dont give him s--- for trying to help us

just a little ball-busting.  relax

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Time to grab and stash. I dropped Schwarber for him yesterday. Word out of NY is that he's gonna take Headley's spot once healthy. He had to have xrays over the weekend but they were negative. He's the next hot SS that will hit the bigs soon. Get on board now!!! 

You jinxed him.

• Like 1

He should be good for Spring Training next year, but realistically, probably wont get the call to the bigs until this time next year or September.

Obviously this is bad news but on a positive note recovery for position players is much less than pitchers. Miguel Sano had this two years ago.

11 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Well son of a bi***. ... Can I DL him? (ESPN)

As far as I know the "DL" designation the ESPN refers to is only the MLB DL designation, not the MiLB designation. He will just be "DTD"....

Lol, this is devistating. I now have to rely on Story figuring it out consistently or The Terrible Organization known as the Mets to call up Rosario.

Edited by Dark Kn19ht

13 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

As far as I know the "DL" designation the ESPN refers to is only the MLB DL designation, not the MiLB designation. He will just be "DTD"....

Lol, this is devistating. I now have to rely on Story figuring it out consistently or The Terrible Organization known as the Mets to call up Rosario.

Same here man, same here. Really sucks...I thought he was a sure thing for my roster.

Whats the likely hood that he'll be back ready for Spring Training? Is the recovery 1 yr avg. typically for everyone? Or just pitchers mostly?

1 hour ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Whats the likely hood that he'll be back ready for Spring Training? Is the recovery 1 yr avg. typically for everyone? Or just pitchers mostly?

Torres, thankfully, throws with his right hand, so the rehab process will not be as extensive for him as it would be for a pitcher. At the moment the Yankees expect him to be ready for spring training in 2018.

16 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

100%. 

19 hours ago, StevoSupremo89 said:

Torres, thankfully, throws with his right hand, so the rehab process will not be as extensive for him as it would be for a pitcher. At the moment the Yankees expect him to be ready for spring training in 2018.

4 hours ago, absknicks said:

100%. 

Thanks guys. I just assumed it was his throwing arm I guess.

@BrendanKutyNJ
Cashman said Gleyber Torres could push for a starting spot as early as Opening Day, and that third base and second base are possibilities. Reminded that coaching staff thought Torres was ready last Opening Day.

Hmm im intrigued. I wonder what rounds people will start drafting him. 

with castro gone looks like he will get a legit chance at winning the 2b job

7 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

with castro gone looks like he will get a legit chance at winning the 2b job

Seems like he's the favorite, or 3rd.  They  want to be under the cap and Torres on the active roster really help.