Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocJ

2015 Rotoworld Mock Real League

It's that time of year again....don't be a three pump chump like McCringleberry and renew your teams for this season's race to glory.

Here's the threads from our previous seasons:

2014: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=443811

2013: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=350552&hl=2013+rotoworld+mock

2012: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=288795

One bit of housekeeping. I'm more than willing to keep my Game of War addiction under control and be the commish for this league again, however, if someone has a burning desire to take it over I would be ok with that if everyone else cosigns on it, otherwise y'all are stuck with the Doc!

Stay tuned.....

Is Yahoo doing pro-leagues this year?

I fear they might be shutting it down. They aren't running pro-leagues for the MLB season. Worries me a bit.

I hope the pro-leagues are still around, I didn't try them last year wanted to give it a shot this season.

Looking forward to the Rotoworld mock-real league this season, it was a hell of a good time last year.

Teams so far...

Swole Sovrano

Dislimb

FFCollusion

Gordon Gekko

Zidane Valdor

Predatory Instinct

Straight Bass Homey

CGoCP

Ironcocks

ToO_BaD

League Settings:

Roster: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF

Scoring:
Passing = 25 yards per point; 1 point at 300 yards
Passing TD = 6
Int = -2
Rushing = 10 yards per point; 1 point at 100 yards
Rushing TD = 6
Receptions = 0.5
Reception = 10 yards per point; 1 point at 100 yards
Return TD = 6
Fumbles Lost = -2

FG:
0-39 = 3
40-49 = 4
50+ = 5
PTA = 1

DEF/ST:
Sack = 1
Int = 2
TD = 6
Safety = 2
PA (0) = 10
PA (1-6) = 7
PA (7-13) = 4
PA (14-20) = 1
PA (21-27) = 0
PA (28-34) = -1
PA (35+) = -4

I'll sign up tomorrow when I remember my email/password combo.

Never fear, your reigning champ is here :P Lol looking forward to another season guys!

Thank you for swapping my stuff over to my other email - will make this season so much easier.

Was sorting through some files, came across this screencap I took one week of my Waiver claims:

utC1Afz.png

I think I screencapped it just in case I had to edit it later, otherwise I would have forgot one of them.

Bruce, it's just you and AshesAndLaughter left to renew...

Was sorting through some files, came across this screencap I took one week of my Waiver claims:

I think I screencapped it just in case I had to edit it later, otherwise I would have forgot one of them.

I've finally found the person who is more OCD about fantasy football than I am.

Nah, most weeks weren't like that. That was a special week, I'd been adding/dropping CJ Anderson in previous weeks already and I think that might have been the week that Hillman got injured and Anderson blew up. I knew I was unlikely to get Anderson back off waivers.

Basically I had to stagger the Waiver claims like you see in that image, because I didn't know which players would be available. It's kind of like an IF->THEN statement in programming:

I needed a WR2 to start that week, so I was only dropping Kearse if Moncrief was available.

With the injury to Hillman, I wanted both CJ Anderson AND Juwan Thompson.

If I dropped Gano (my Kicker) to get Anderson, then I couldn't also drop Gano to get Juwan Thompson. My Juwan Thompson claim would go unprocessed because you can't drop the same player (Gano) twice.

I was trying to imagine every possible scenario for how those players would potentially fall to me as the waiver claims got processed that week.

I think I got hit with that kind of issue in a recent week, which is why I went to such lengths to try to iron that out. Week 11 was also the final week of byes.

Nah, most weeks weren't like that. That was a special week, I'd been adding/dropping CJ Anderson in previous weeks already and I think that might have been the week that Hillman got injured and Anderson blew up. I knew I was unlikely to get Anderson back off waivers.

BTW I meant my comment as a complement. It's nice to play with someone who thinks things through instead of slugs.

AshesAndLaughter Member Since 21 Nov 2012
OFFLINE Last Active Dec 31 2014 12:51 AM

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.png

We might have to wait a bit longer to see if he's playing this season if he hasn't logged on since last year.

Let's get Proteus back in.

You're all good fellas. But it's all weekly leagues for me and MAYBE one pro league, but I doubt that. I just don't want to devote the same amount of time like I used to. I just dumped my dynasty team and the two leagues I commish...

But...push comes to shove and you need a pinch drafter again, give me a holler...in any event I'll be around to crack wise...

Just to update, I'll dig into that email address and find the league invite by the 1st of July :P

You're all good fellas. But it's all weekly leagues for me and MAYBE one pro league, but I doubt that. I just don't want to devote the same amount of time like I used to. I just dumped my dynasty team and the two leagues I commish...

But...push comes to shove and you need a pinch drafter again, give me a holler...in any event I'll be around to crack wise...

Wow that's a major overhaul my friend...I can see the appeal though, I may have to do this in the next couple years when my girls are in more activities.

Just to update, I'll dig into that email address and find the league invite by the 1st of July :P

<_<

What is the tentative start date of our draft?