Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocJ

2015 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Also, I think as a trade rules refresher, I believe last year we agreed that no trades would be processed until after the draft. I think trade talk is fine to do in the background via messaging while the draft is still in progress, but no trades will actually happen until the draft is 100% complete.

Likewise, because of that, nobody should hold up the draft trying to work out some kind of backdoor deal. Just talk trade about players you've already drafted. You can't trade draft spots or picks, after all.

And remember that no trade exists until you both agree to it simultaneously in public (preferably in our official Trade thread on the league's internal Yahoo! forum). Thus, anything discussed during the draft is only very preliminary, you'll both have to agree to it together, after the draft is over, before it becomes official.

Cuts out all the he-said, she-said, he told me this via email/carrier pigeon/while he was drunk/passed me a note under the bathroom stall with all the trade deets written on a napkin.

If you both can't agree to it in public, there is no trade.

Err...correct that. I don't remember when that weird trade with 2 RBs for a stud QB/TE happened? Brees/Graham, anyone?

Iron-cock, or Dislimb, or ToO_BaD, didn't that involve one of you? Lynch and something, maybe AP? For Brees/Graham?

If I remember, it was some weird exception because the manager that ended up running the team was not the same manager that was originally drafting (Proteus was pinch-hitting I think).

Since we have all our drafters locked in (fingers crossed), I don't think that will be something that reoccurs during our draft this year.

They traded their first 2 picks straight across, because, as you mentioned, it was a stand in drafter. It was Dislimb win P.Manning and J.Graham who ended up with Lynch and Peterson from Iron_Cock.

But I could be wrong.

i think we should get over ourselves and start the draft asap. the 1st round isn't changing much and the first few rounds aren't going to change at all over the next couple weeks.

its a free league ... its fun ... let's go

They traded their first 2 picks straight across, because, as you mentioned, it was a stand in drafter. It was Dislimb win P.Manning and J.Graham who ended up with Lynch and Peterson from Iron_Cock.

But I could be wrong.

Thanks. I knew it was a weird exception to the rule, which we decided to allow, if it actually occurred during the draft.

Oh, also, I suppose we should give everyone a reminder for rough ADPs:

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?format=ppr&year=2015&teams=14&view=graph&pos=all

Those are the ADP results for 14-team leagues with full-point PPR scoring from FantasyFootballCalculator.com

i think we should get over ourselves and start the draft asap. the 1st round isn't changing much and the first few rounds aren't going to change at all over the next couple weeks.

But...but...news just broke that Arian Foster is getting divorced!!!!! That changes the whole landscape of the 1st Round :/

That sounds cool and all but you know what? We're missing two members. Patience..

I'm here... just wasn't into fantasy mode until now. I see Robrain is already in midseason form though. I'm ready whenever.

I'm here... just wasn't into fantasy mode until now. I see Robrain is already in midseason form though. I'm ready whenever.

Man, I didn't even wanna login before the 4th of July :(

Dislimb and I didn't trade until after the draft. Robrain was still sending me BS offers for AP like a week after the draft.

Dislimb and I didn't trade until after the draft. Robrain was still sending me BS offers for AP like a week after the draft.

I FINALLY GOT HIM THOUGH

I'm down to start tonight. I know who I'm taking at 2nd overall and can get the 2/3 picks figured about by the time it rolls back around to me.

Yeah I think if Dislimb is ready let's just go.

I know who I am taking 1st overall, so if DocJ says it's cool and if Gordon Gekko is also ready then I will give my pick.

I say we should start also. A couple days won't make much difference, and people have up to 24 hours to pick anyway. I think Robrain can figure out a top 3 pick in this draft without another week of research.

Gordon is up at the 10th pick, so he has plenty of time. I emailed DocJ asking him if we can start ASAP

Pred is READY TO GO!!

I say we should start also. A couple days won't make much difference, and people have up to 24 hours to pick anyway. I think Robrain can figure out a top 3 pick in this draft without another week of research.

As an outsider looking in, I'd greatly prefer a prolonged debate, preferably over meaningless league settings, preferably filled with essays, crossed understandings, vaguely remembered facts, and lots and lots of gifs n videos.

Only future mass murderers would roster 10 running backs.

I'm ok with starting now...GO!