Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HanRam

Yulieski Gurriel - 3B HOU

Does anyone think this guy will get signed at the July 2nd period and then be in the Majors right away? Or we will start off in the minors kinda like Hector Olivera?

He's not subject to the July 2 period since he's 31

Ok, let me rephrase the question - What are people's opinions or best guesses if he will be signed and playing in the MLB this year? Or is he going to be in for 2017?

Thanks.

Does anyone think this guy will get signed at the July 2nd period and then be in the Majors right away? Or we will start off in the minors kinda like Hector Olivera?

He's not subject to the July 2 period since he's 31

Ok, let me rephrase the question - What are people's opinions or best guesses if he will be signed and playing in the MLB this year? Or is he going to be in for 2017?

Thanks.

Earlier in the thread Ben Badler was quoted as saying there's a good chance neither play until 2017

Long time cuban prospect with deep family ties to the Cuban government. Should have stayed in the first World Baseball Classic. Signed with Japanese Team a year ago, didn't renew his contract, and his father is in the States. I see him making the jump in a few months. Think Hector Olivera type of prospect.

What are the rules on tooting one's own horn? Called it six months before it happened.

Great news about his free agency,

Yulieski is already owned in my league and has been for a while...but somehow Lourdes fell through the cracks. Maybe someone recently dropped him...

I added younger bro. 15-20 HR + solid ratios from MI and maybe some SB? I'll take it.

Older bro obviously more polished, but younger bro probably the better dynasty option. Shocked Lourdes was available in my league.

1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Great news about his free agency,

Yulieski is already owned in my league and has been for a while...but somehow Lourdes fell through the cracks. Maybe someone recently dropped him...

I added younger bro. 15-20 HR + solid ratios from MI and maybe some SB? I'll take it.

Older bro obviously more polished, but younger bro probably the better dynasty option. Shocked Lourdes was available in my league.

What league is he owned in?  I checked Yahoo, ESPN, and CBS and both players are not in the player pool yet.

1 hour ago, Short Porch said:

What league is he owned in?  I checked Yahoo, ESPN, and CBS and both players are not in the player pool yet.

We use ESPN + a communal spreadsheet for all prospects, including internationals.

29 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

How does that work because I am the Commish in two of those leagues?

here's what it looks like

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14WvdSaZHPTRAbZwcptSMtV-LmZjDdUPbad7u9OqUB6I/edit#gid=650188109

Gotta call prospects up, 1 week from the time they make an MLB appearance. So guys like Trea Turner, Josh Hader, etc are owned via spreadsheet but unowned on ESPN. Everyone in the league just knows not to touch those guys at the ESPN/MLB level.

System works well. Everyone can edit their own section on the communal sheet. There's a submit form to add players into the excel universe. Results are shown here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pW_zfFUqqfPFnACyb-TMMDtxuUSAlD5u57sxYi9kzs4/edit#gid=976476160

Only thing we haven't done yet is find a way to get a transaction log. Some hi tech stuff but commissioner is very tech savvy. We're working on getting a transaction log.

I read that Yuliesky might be around by Aug 1st. His brother is not that close to play in MLB. Will need time in the minors.

11 hours ago, Short Porch said:

How does that work because I am the Commish in two of those leagues?

I'm in a CBS league where he is owned.  Commish can add a player manually to the pool and put on someone's team.  Then when he's officially added, he drops that made up player and adds the real player.

Yuliesky may hold out on signing with a team unless it includes Lourdes. He's looking for a package deal. Hopefully that gives you a perspective on Lourdes' skill set.

While he certainly would love to play with his brother, given his age and recent new found ability to sign with any MLB team, I believe you'll see him come aboard with a contender somewhere shortly. I've read that Lourdes won't be able to sign anywhere until October given that he won't turn 23 until then (the earliest he can sign as a free agent), Yulieski can still make a great deal of money in the interim rather than waiting until April of 2017 to finally make his debut.

Who would you guys comp him with in the MLB.  I understand it's a shot in the dark but is he a potential stud right away?

30 minutes ago, 33legend said:

Who would you guys comp him with in the MLB.  I understand it's a shot in the dark but is he a potential stud right away?

I'm sure we're all wondering the same thing.  

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

Googled him yesterday and read a ton of articles. One had a scout compare him to a prime Wright or Hanley offensively. Just poked around and couldn't easily find that article to link it. From the info I've gathered I'd say 15-20HR, 10SB and a .280 BA would be my middle of the road prediction (over full season), for what that's worth. He hit .500 in 200 AB's in his most recent season in Cuba. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be a top 10 3Bman from the day he debut's on to the rest of the season. But I suppose there's always risk in the unknown.

22 hours ago, svdude said:

I'm in a CBS league where he is owned.  Commish can add a player manually to the pool and put on someone's team.  Then when he's officially added, he drops that made up player and adds the real player.

Mine works this way too (I drafted Yuli in the reserve/prospect portion of my draft in April). Lots of guys in my league draft College players, etc. There's a placeholder on our reserves with the guys name in all caps. Then the commish replaces that with the CBS version of the players name when avlb.