Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HanRam

Yulieski Gurriel - 3B HOU

21 hours ago, 33legend said:

Who would you guys comp him with in the MLB.  I understand it's a shot in the dark but is he a potential stud right away?

I've read everything I could find on him over the past year.  His solid approach, high BB's/low K's and 40-double/20-HR power sure reminds me of V.Martinez at the plate.

Don't read spanish, but seems like. "going to LA with this actress.  why?  its a surprise."  Any help here?

Had a private work out with the Dodgers yesterday. Mets reportedly working him out soon. Best case scenario (IMO) is he signs with someone the first week of July and after 3 weeks in the minors is up around July 25th or so. He's likely to play third w/ the Mets. I wonder if the Dodgers are looking at him more as a 2Bman or 3Bman. Utley's cooled off after a hot start and Turner's going the other direction.

If he's in a team this year, he's going to have value in deeper leagues at the very least, but I have a hard time putting a lot of stock in a 32 year old Cuban who has never played in the majors.  If he was that good, why wasn't there a push to get him here earlier.  I see more Hector Olivera than I do Jose Abreu.  At 32, and a Cuban 32 at that, I can see a lot of things going wrong.

He's worth a pick up in deeper leagues, but I'm not going to heavily invest in him for keeper/dynasty purposes. 

As a Dodgers fan myself, I'm not dying to get him. I was also extremely angry when they went for Olivera and not Moncada. 

Reportedly signing with the Astros. No confirmation from the club yet. 

Edited to add: 5 years, $47.5 million per Jesse Sanchez on Twitter. 

Any guesses on what the Astros 2017 Opening Day infield looks like?

1B: Reed/Gurriel

2B: Altuve

3B: Gurriel/Bregman/Correa

SS: Correa/Bregman

This ought to be interesting.

ESPN is dropping the ball. They don't have him in the database, and judging by their incompetence with the Dodgers' Brock Stewart (took them weeks), not sure when to expect it...

20 minutes ago, txrngr34 said:

Any guesses on what the Astros 2017 Opening Day infield looks like?

1B: Reed/Gurriel

3B: Gurriel/Bregman/Correa

SS: Correa/Bregman

This ought to be interesting.

1B: Reed

3B: Bregman

SS: Correa

DH: Gurriel

Wait until their OF is some combo of Springer, Daz, Kyle Tucker and Derek Fisher.

Astros have the pieces to be the Cubs of the AL.

so, do we know how they are going to spell his name?!? ESPN alert has it Gourriel but Rotoworld has it Gurriel.

I believe he officially dropped the 'o' from his last name...

I think he'll hit enough to matter, but man its been a long time since game action for him.

I think his brother will be one of the best Cuban players to come over, a Moncada type talent.

3 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

ESPN is dropping the ball. They don't have him in the database, and judging by their incompetence with the Dodgers' Brock Stewart (took them weeks), not sure when to expect it...

Probably soon after he's on the active roster 

I know Yahoo waits until the player is added to a teams 40 man. Wonder if ESPN is the same....maybe?

Does anyone know when this guy will be added to the player pools on cbs and yahoo and espn?  Not sure how that usually works but I want as much shares as possible

Unfortunately ESPN doesn't add til the first mlb game for players not in the database pre-season. Of course there are situations where they completely drop the ball (brock Stewart) but this is a much bigger name... Hopefully we all have high waiver priorities by then.

Maybe I should start dropping my fringe, yet rosterable players so I can sucker some managers to use their waivers lol

Saw in the Bregman thread a tweet about him being ready in about 3 weeks. Headed to AA most likely first and will get some time in OF too.  Look at me answering my own question.

I wonder if the Astros signed him to lure his younger bro (who's ten years younger) to their club?

anyone think Yuliesky will be a game changer during the final months? 

Once he gets added to ESPN, I believe after his first MLB game, will he go to waivers or just be added as a FA?

10 hours ago, tywalson said:

Once he gets added to ESPN, I believe after his first MLB game, will he go to waivers or just be added as a FA?

Most likely waivers.