Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HanRam

Yulieski Gurriel - 3B HOU

23 hours ago, thebear said:

I wonder if the Astros signed him to lure his younger bro (who's ten years younger) to their club?

anyone think Yuliesky will be a game changer during the final months? 

Yuliesky is the big fish. The brother is just an average player, nothing special.

6 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

Sure. 

20 HRs

7 steals

lol, no way, get ready for more like .260 14HR 5SB guy and this is at his prime(which btw should be now since he is supposedly 32 years old).

14 hours ago, DJSatane said:

lol, no way, get ready for more like .260 14HR 5SB guy and this is at his prime(which btw should be now since he is supposedly 32 years old).

If this is his upside, then who actually cares about him?  Or are you just insane?

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

If this is his upside, then who actually cares about him?  Or are you just insane?

No he's just satane.  But I don't think he offers much, most likely. He's a lottery ticket at best.

On 7/18/2016 at 3:32 PM, Charlesco said:

Yuliesky is the big fish. The brother is just an average player, nothing special.

Is this guy for real? Because you are rather poorly informed-

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Is this guy for real? Because you are rather poorly informed-

Lol. Yeah, he couldn't have it more backwards. Lourdes (the 22 year old younger brother) is highly coveted.

11 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

He has 50 home run type power.

In what league?

9 minutes ago, el_Mantico said:

Why is Yahoo the only platform that hasn't added this guy?

Probably because of the 2 week matchups.

25 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

So then why are people so high on him?

Guy doesn't have to have 50 home run power for people to be high on him. He will be a solid contributor at 3b, a position that isn't extremely deep.

This guy was better than Abreu in Cuba.  No one is giving him any love, best Cuban hitter to come over in a while.   The question here is how quick will he adjust and how much will his age impact his performance, there's no question this guy has the skillset to perform and put up above average numbers.

Yahoo will not add him until he is called up and then he will be locked on waivers when they do add him. That is how they handle all players who are not in the player pool when the season started. 

1 hour ago, Devildog83 said:

Yahoo will not add him until he is called up and then he will be locked on waivers when they do add him. That is how they handle all players who are not in the player pool when the season started. 

Correct. I have spoken to Yahoo via email on this. If a player is not in the pool before the season starts, they will need to be added to the team's 40 man roster to be added to the player pool. At that point, he will be placed on waivers.

/\ While that's almost always true, they made an exception for Yoan Moncada last season.

Another exception was Cincy Cody Reed. 

I have been waiting on Yuliesky Gurriel all year. I have top waiver priority waiting for him or Josh Hader. Have not decided yet.

Indeed it was (with respect to Reed) - an odd exception that came out of nowhere.

I'm also waiting to use my #1 on Gurriel, though I worry the signing has taken too long for him to be useful in 2016 (this particular league is a 6 player keeper, and I definitely have 6 other options that will likely be more worthy).