Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HanRam

Yulieski Gurriel - 3B HOU

On 8/13/2016 at 10:52 PM, StevieStats said:

He's hitting 290 in 9 games. ... I mean not bad... 

.118 in AA, 1 walk overall. Not good

38 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

.118 in AA, 1 walk overall. Not good

Dude, he's played like 4 games there. 

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Dude, he's played like 4 games there. 

I know that and it's 100% too small of a sample size. But I don't think they consider much from hitting well below that level. AA is the most difficult jump.

On the other side, they've had most of their recent call-ups dominate AA and AAA only to come up and struggle. So I guess with their luck lately, maybe it's worth it just to call him up. They need to make serious run soon.

People read into the hype too much, in the end he will be average fantasy 3b at best, and this wont be this year.

20 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

I know that and it's 100% too small of a sample size. But I don't think they consider much from hitting well below that level. AA is the most difficult jump.

On the other side, they've had most of their recent call-ups dominate AA and AAA only to come up and struggle. So I guess with their luck lately, maybe it's worth it just to call him up. They need to make serious run soon.

second most difficult jump, biggest of course being up to the majors.  I grabbed him myself but my gut is saying I'll be disappointed this year.  Decent average probably but not much pop is my concern.   Maybe home field will help...

8 hours ago, DJSatane said:

People read into the hype too much, in the end he will be average fantasy 3b at best, and this wont be this year.

I'm hoping that he comes out and has a hot start, getting the jump on pitchers who haven't seen much of him in video. I mean, worst case scenario he's an easy drop, but he could go on a two week tear and push some teams into their by-week.

3 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I'm hoping that he comes out and has a hot start, getting the jump on pitchers who haven't seen much of him in video. I mean, worst case scenario he's an easy drop, but he could go on a two week tear and push some teams into their by-week.

Yeah, look at Puig's first month. And Abreu's

20 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Average starter would be real nice. 

14 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Triple short of the cycle today.  Stash-worthy upside for sure.  

I agree that it wouldn't be surprising at all for him to mash until the SP's get a book on him.   I only really need him to be better than Todd Frazier for 2 weeks (who  by the way, would be killing it if Golden Sombreros were a category in my league).

He's a lotto ticket. Picked him up with the hope of a great start during the playoff run. If he busts, oh well. Certainly worth the flyer.

Who doesn't know this is a joke at this point? This guy's pictures show him to be older than me, and I almost got drafted for Nam.

19 minutes ago, frankhoward said:

Who doesn't know this is a joke at this point? This guy's pictures show him to be older than me, and I almost got drafted for Nam.

The man says he's 32.  Who cares if he's 34?  I mean you can still play at 36.  Sub a little power for speed when you're 38.  So what if he's 40 Ortiz is 40. Nothing says that Cuba's best player can't get it done at 42.

His father was the best Cuban baseball player and most famous in Cuba.  Highly doubtful that people don't know his sons (Yulieski) real age