Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neph27

2015 Forum MILB Rankings

This was something I put together for my friends in my fantasy league. It's a top 25 with a bit of real life consideration and a bit of fantasy consideration. There's a couple things you can ignore as it's geared towards my leagues members.

Wavys Midseason Post Promotion Week Madness top 25 MLB prospect report

It's been an incredible season for prospect promotions so far. Many of the most coveted assets in the CMBL have finally made their way to their big league counterparts. Theres no doubt in my mind that some of these promotions were extremely aggressive, pushed forward by some teams surprising starts to the season thus far. I didn't expect (former Wavy Owned prospects)Correa and Buxton to already be seeing major league at bats. And that was really the inspiration for bringing this list to my CMBL brehs today. 13 of my preseason top 25 have already made it to the show. Some are already making their CMBL owners very happy. So the goal of this today is to figure out:

In the wake of all this early season movement, whos left?

As always, prospects are an inexact science. I don't claim to know the future, and probably about 60% of these guys will never fulfill 75% of their potential. But, much like a certain completely trash disgrace of a professional NBA team which will not be named (it starts with a 7 and ends with 6ers) they provide hope to the downtrodden, a beacon of light for the rebuilding, and a glimpse of the future. These rankings are compiled with not just numbers in mind, but scouting reports as well. Tools are a greater representation of a players potential and as such, they speak louder to me then just the yearly line. Upside is valued more then certainty and proximity, but in certain cases floor is accounted for and valued. Without further ado, here are the 2015 midseason top 25:

TIER 3: FV 55/60 guys

25. Aaron Judge OF NYY (he who must not be named)
Gigantic player with gigantic power potential. Started out April at a blistering pace, exceeding all expectations possible for AA debut. Was always highly regarded for his power potential rather then production, but as Zig can attest, this year some of those BP bombs have turned into in game moonshots. Will always have some swing and miss to his game due to 66 frame but has a more compact stroke then most big men. Large remaining concern is that he's had a past reputation for feasting off inferior competition and struggling when the lights get brighter and the heat gets hotter. If he can step it up vs the best of the best, he could be a potential .270/.350 type with 25+ HR.

24. Orlando Arcia SS MIL (BB)
The 6 foot Venezuelan shows fluid actions in the field that should keep him at SS for his entire career. That carries plenty of value in our league as not many sure fire shortstops are out there producing at the plate. He has a short stroke to the ball that doesn't create much leverage but should produce a nice average. He's wowed scouts this year with a nice debut at AA, hitting close to .315 all year with a few HR and SB sprinkled in. Relative to level he's extremely young, which bodes well for his future potential. Would be much higher on the list if he offered more power or speed, and while there's always a possibility, his frame doesn't have much projection. Reminds some of a prime Eric Aybar or Alcedies Escobar.

23. Aaron Nola SP Phi (Zirk)

On this list because he's the one of the surest bets in the minors to be a solid ML regular. Carries a sparkling 1.88ERA, 0.89WHIP, and 6.56k/bb ratio into his next start. The numbers look phenomenal but the stuff isn't perfect. He's got a very prominent slingshot type delivery, which leads to less downhill plane on his fastball. The stuff isn't the type that makes scouts go crazy either. It's unrealistic to expect the next great MLB ace, but he's as good a bet as any to settle into an MLB rotation and that certainty is incredibly valuable for both the Phillies and Zirk.

22. Brett Phillips OF Hou (Frau)
It seems like the Stros are never going to run out of guys after all these years of being terrible. Even after Correa, McCullers, Velasquez, Springer and Singleton and more have hit the majors running they seem to just reload draft after draft. The former 6th round pick Phillips has progressed greatly under their tutelage since coming out of Florida HS. Slashing a cool .331 with 11 homers in a high octane environment (Lancaster is a hitters haven in a hitters league) has him moving quickly up prospect lists. Not sure he'll ever be one of the premier players in the game but he could turn into a nice Michael Brantley type with some pop and speed out of CF. The real challenge will be once he hits AA.

21. Jose Berrios SP Min (Lyons)
There's a long held bias against shorter pitchers, people saying their deliveries require more effort, which in turn can lead to less stamina and more injuries. Some have even prefer these 6foot nothing fireballers turn their attention to the bullpen. Berrios has faced these questions the entire time since he popped up on the national scene last year, and has quietly gone about his business anyways. Even if he's destined for the pen long term, the numbers (3.2era, 1.19whip, over a K an inning and a 3.5k/bb ratio vs the toughest competition he's faced yet) look great. Is he destined for a rotation? Who knows. But he's trying his hardest to prove his detractors wrong.

20. The Domincan Ichiro OF Col (Wavy)
He's performed well this year in high A, hitting over .300 with power and speed to boot. A large number of doubles that could turn into HR once he physically matures and hits Coors. Needs to refine his approach, currently has a see ball hit ball mentality that has resulted in not enough walks. It works now because of his natural savvy for barreling the ball anywhere it's thrown at him, but it needs to be worked on or he's going to get exposed at higher levels.

19. Stephen Matz SP NYM (Lyons)
I was never a true believer in the guy, writing him off as a bit of a late bloomer when he popped up last year. It's a good but not great profile, and his ceiling is more of a 2/3 then anything else, but at this point his proximity and certainty add a ton of value to his profile. He would be up right now if the Mets weren't so pitching rich. Probably the best pitcher currently in AAA, and should be the next pitcher to be called up and make an impact. I see a 3.5era and solid 1.2WHIP with a decent amount of Ks in his future.

18. Bradley Zimmer CLE OF (Daniel Thomas Sacchetta)
Seen as a low upside high floor established college bat coming out of the draft, scouts liked but didn't love the Oregan star. They saw a player who could do everything well but didn't stand out in any one area. So far this year Zimmer has done his best to prove them wrong, hitting .300/.400obp with 9 homers and 26 steals in high-A. This is a guy that needs to be accelerated ASAP because he's got no business being at that level anymore. The power and speed this quick are more then anyone projected but we need to see it vs more advanced competition.

17. David Dahl OF Col (Wavy)
This has not been David Dahls year. The Rockies showed a lot of faith in him, aggressively starting him at AA this year. It wasnt all good when he got there as his approach didn't lend itself well to more advanced completion, hitting .260 with only a .290obp. The speed was still assuredly there, and he seemed to be making some progress at the dish before having his spleen ruptured during a collision and being rushed to the ER. Thankfully he's okay, but sadly early reports had him scheduled to miss the rest of the season. His recovery has been swift and now it's said he could be medically cleared by the end of June, but the Rockies might want him to take it easier then that. I had him at 12 to start the year, and he would've fallen more then this had so many people not been promoted. The overall talent level and potential is unchanged, but he could drop much more if he misses any more precious development time.

16. Jameson Tallion SP Pit (MT)
Hasn't thrown at all this year because of TJ but when he does come back he should provide a spark for the Pirates rotation eventually. The important thing to remember is this is a guy who has all the raw talent in the world, once considered by some to be ahead of Harper and Machado in his draft class. The numbers during his minors career have been uninspiring but the same could have been said about Gerrit Cole, who we now see flourishing for the Pirates. As an organization they have strong pitching development in place which really could help mold him in the long run. Ace upside but needs to come back and prove it.

15. Luis Severino SP NYY
All of the same caveats about short pitchers apply to Severino. Considerable effort in his delivery leads some to say he is a future lights out closer. All arm and not much lower body. However, the stuff is no doubt electric and the numbers reflect that as AA and AAA hitters haven't stood much of a chance. Could be up later this year for a Yankee stretch run, especially making an impact out of the pen.

TIER 2: FV 60/65 guys

14. Jeff Hoffman SP TOR ($$$)
Dominant starter in college who at one time was a prime candidate to go No 1 in his draft class, but a springtime TJ surgery dropped him to 9 overall. After a successful rehab, he's back throwing bullets, topping out at 98 and showing the same buckling curve that wowed evaluators in years prior. The numbers aren't exactly there yet but he's shaking off the rust quickly and it shouldn't be too long until he moves quickly throb the system as he showed significant polish at Vandy during his time there. The profile reminds a lot of Lucas Giolito, and the upside is similar. This tier of pitchers have a 1 or 2 upside if everything comes together.

13. Tim Anderson SS/2b/CF CWS (PT)
Raw talent who doesn't have a whole lot of approach at the plate, but the tools are there for him to be a mainstay for a big league team long term. I don't see him as a SS despite the athleticism, and I think long term hell slot in as a CF for the Sox. Looking at some of his spray charts this year and while there hasn't been a change in his OBP, his approach has been refined because he's spraying the ball to all fields better this year. He's barreling pitches and spraying them to CF often. The approach needs to be honed but he's making steps in the right direction, and with his speed and projectable power he could be a force in time. Will need time to adjust at each level but once he does watch out.

12. Alex Reyes SP STL (Wavy)

Reyes was a NJ high school product who decided to bet on himself and move to the Domincan Republic his senior year in order to get more exposure for himself. That confidence in himself paid off as the Cardinals signed him for $950,000. He finished last year on a dominating tear showing unhittable stuff vs completion he clearly outclassed. After beginning the year in the back half of most top 100 lists, reports began to trickle out that his stuff had ticked up, and rather then sitting in the 92-94 range he had ramped it up, sitting 95-97 and being able to reach back for 100 when need be. Complimented with a curve that some scouts have put a 65 or 70 on, he projects as a sure fire ace, as long as he can refine his command. A 1.98 ERA and 12.6k/9 doesn't lie, but neither does 4.77 BB/9.

11. Robert Stephenson SP CIN (Feiter)
Just as the world was ready to write off Stephenson, the immensely talented and incredibly inconsistent righty, he seems to have put it together. Disappointing all of last year and to start this year, he seems to have made some positive adjustments. 38IP, 17hits, a 1.65era and 45ks over his last 5 has people wondering if he can keep this up. There's legitimate ace upside but it hinges on his development from this point. If the recent adjustments are to be believed he is much closer to reaching that ceiling then he was 2 months ago.

10. JP Crawford SS PHI (Peas)
Athletic pedigree guy who reminds a lot of people of another Crawford who was a dominant MLB and fantasy player. Should stick at a premium position long term while supplying his team with a solid BA, OBP some HRs and plenty of SBs to go with it. Maybe the best SS left in the minors now that guys like Correa, Baez, and Lindor are either in the majors or not prospect eligible anymore. He's shown out so far this year and the sky is the limit.

TIER 1: FV 60/65/70 guys

9. Tyler Glasnow SP PIT (Daniel Thomas Sacchetta)
The same things that can be said about Stephenson and Reyes can be said about Glasnow. Long limbed fireballer needs to work on command before he can move to the highest level. Has a tendency to bury his curve rather then throw it for strikes, which is killing AA hitters but I would love to see him throw it for strikes more often as he progresses. He's currently hurt but should be back this year. 2016 ETA should be exciting as hell be one of the more buzzed about names this time next year if he continues his dominance. Seeing him extend his run of solid ERAs and piles of Ks in AA has done a lot for his stock as it adds floor to his lofty ceiling.

8. Rafael Devers 3b/1b BOS (Wavy)
Zig asked when the Cano deal happened who is Rafael Devers? The top rated lefty bat in his international amateur class has surged up evaluators lists since debuting last year as he has shown a propensity to hit for average (.320 as one of the youngest players in A ball right now) and projectable power (scouts throw a 6 or a 7 on his raw power which has yet to show up fully in games yet). At 18 he's the youngest player on this list but carries one of the highest ceilings, with scouts often comparing his swing to Cano himself. His future position is uncertain as his body might outgrow 3b but if he turns into the .300/30hr guy scouts think he can be then it won't matter if he has to move to first.

7. Yoan Moncada 2b/3b/OF ($$$)
The much hyped international signing has disappointed thus far for one of the minors most talented teams in Greenville. Hitting a paltry .206 with a .296obp is not what scouts envisioned when they signed him to that massive deal in the offseason. However, it's only been 20 games, and he spent a year away from professional ball as he made the transition to the states. The tools are still there to make him an impact player at the highest level long term, but he needs to start putting it together if he wants to actualize that.

6. Nomar Mazara RF Tex (Wavy)
Everything you could want in the classic slugging RF package. Signed for the then record 4.95 million dollar bonus a few years back, Mazara made a leap last year, honing his skill enough to hit .270 in high A as a young 19 year old. The Rangers decided to reward him with a promotion to AA and he responded to the challenge by hitting .300 with an approach beyond his years. After being a main attraction on the back fields in spring training he's gone back to AA and is hitting .300/.370 while using all fields. After an early season power drought he's hit 4HR in his past 10. The numbers don't wow but when combined with the profile/tools/age relative to level he's blossomed into one of the games elite hitting prospects.

5. Kyle Schwarber OF/C CHC (PT)
Let me be clear: I don't think Schwarber has a future behind the plate. I see him as a LF with maybe a bit of spot duty as a C when their regular catcher needs a day off. However, the bat is clearly special, and he has the potential to hit .300 with 25+HR with league leading OBP. Doesnt matter if he's behind the plate or not that's an extremely valuable asset anywhere on the diamond, real life or fantasy. His advanced approach could accelerate his clock and we could see him by the end of the year in LF if the Cubs are still fighting for a playoff spot.

4. Miguel Sano 3b/1b MIN (Daniel Thomas Sacchetta)
Spotted at an early age in his native Domincan, the slugger boasted prodigious power that had him signed as the top international amateur in his class. After missing all last season essentially with TJ and hitting just .159 through April this year, he turned it around to the tune of .300/.370 in May and .315/.415 in June so far. The power has never been a question as his 11HR attest, but there is a good deal of swing and miss in his game and it'll always be a part. Likely to be up there with Bryant and Gallo in terms of Ks, but that seems to matter less and less these days as the game evolves. We can expect a .260/.350 type hitter with 30+ hr potential long term. His floor is an MLB regular as well.

3. Julio Urias SP LAD ($$$)
While most other pitchers his age were dominating high school seniors, Urias was schooling AA hitters. At 18 he's still one of the youngest players on this list, and further along his developmental path then many others. The FB sits comfortably in the 92-94 range and his curve, change, command and consistency all grade as plus. It's shocking to see such a young pitcher so advanced this early on in his career. He's the only player on this list I could truly see making his MLB debut for the Dodgers before the age of 20. The stuff isn't that of an ace though, and he profiles as a sure fire No2 as his body is pretty much maxed out as far as we can tell. One of the elite elite prospects in the game.

2. Corey Seager SS/3B LAD (Zirk)
The potent genetics of the Seager family is going to pay off for those parents, while his brother Kyle is raking for the mariners Corey might be even better. After blistering AAF competition to start the year, he's shown no real sign of slowing down at AAA. With Rollins now under the Mendoza line, the Dodgers could call up the exciting youngster for the stretch run while having the former star groom him. A little bit for the SS position, I see him as someone who will move down the road to 3b. I can see 3-4 years of him at the 6, where his .300/25hr potential would carry immense value. Reminds many of Troy Tulo.

1. Lucas Giolito SP WAS (Wavy)
The most sure fire #1 ace caliber prospect in the minors. He routinely sits in the 94-96 range during his starts, and obliterates the competition with downward plane his 6 foot 6 frame allows for. He gets great extension towards the plate which produces a ton of ground balls. His curve showcases a nasty bite and might be the best single pitch in the minors. A 4.08 ERA and 1.36WHIP to start the year leave a lot to be desired, but looking further into the numbers he has an unlucky .418BABIP, to go with a dominant 11.57k/9 and 1.82bb/9. That's good for a 6.38 SO/bb ratio, which would be second in the minors behind the Phillies Aaron Nola. He's doing this at age 20 in high A, and realistically we could see him carving up Major Leaguers by 2016 as long as the Nationals ramp up his innings properly.

Quick notes: Other owned risers and fallers

Risers:
Nick Williams
Luis Ortiz
Gleyber Torres
Bret Honeywell
Grant Holmes
Michael Conforto
Tyler Beede
Robert Gsellman
Austin Meadows
Jorge Mateo
Ryan McMahon
Reynaldo Lopez
Jose De Leon
Blake Snell
Wilmer Difo
Anthony Alford
Derek Fisher
Trea turner

Fallers:
Clint Frazier
Raul Mondesi
Jesse winker
Braden shipley
Franklin barreto
Nick gordon
Hunter harvey
Pete o brien
Dj peterson
Jorge Alfaro
Mark Appel
Alex Meyer
Lucas sims
Henry Owens
Alex Jackson
Jon gray
Matt wisler was always trash

This was something I put together for my friends in my fantasy league. It's a top 25 with a bit of real life consideration and a bit of fantasy consideration. There's a couple things you can ignore as it's geared towards my leagues members.

Wavys Midseason Post Promotion Week Madness top 25 MLB prospect report

It's been an incredible season for prospect promotions so far. Many of the most coveted assets in the CMBL have finally made their way to their big league counterparts. Theres no doubt in my mind that some of these promotions were extremely aggressive, pushed forward by some teams surprising starts to the season thus far. I didn't expect (former Wavy Owned prospects)Correa and Buxton to already be seeing major league at bats. And that was really the inspiration for bringing this list to my CMBL brehs today. 13 of my preseason top 25 have already made it to the show. Some are already making their CMBL owners very happy. So the goal of this today is to figure out:

In the wake of all this early season movement, whos left?

As always, prospects are an inexact science. I don't claim to know the future, and probably about 60% of these guys will never fulfill 75% of their potential. But, much like a certain completely trash disgrace of a professional NBA team which will not be named (it starts with a 7 and ends with 6ers) they provide hope to the downtrodden, a beacon of light for the rebuilding, and a glimpse of the future. These rankings are compiled with not just numbers in mind, but scouting reports as well. Tools are a greater representation of a players potential and as such, they speak louder to me then just the yearly line. Upside is valued more then certainty and proximity, but in certain cases floor is accounted for and valued. Without further ado, here are the 2015 midseason top 25:

TIER 3: FV 55/60 guys

25. Aaron Judge OF NYY (he who must not be named)

Gigantic player with gigantic power potential. Started out April at a blistering pace, exceeding all expectations possible for AA debut. Was always highly regarded for his power potential rather then production, but as Zig can attest, this year some of those BP bombs have turned into in game moonshots. Will always have some swing and miss to his game due to 66 frame but has a more compact stroke then most big men. Large remaining concern is that he's had a past reputation for feasting off inferior competition and struggling when the lights get brighter and the heat gets hotter. If he can step it up vs the best of the best, he could be a potential .270/.350 type with 25+ HR.

24. Orlando Arcia SS MIL (BB)

The 6 foot Venezuelan shows fluid actions in the field that should keep him at SS for his entire career. That carries plenty of value in our league as not many sure fire shortstops are out there producing at the plate. He has a short stroke to the ball that doesn't create much leverage but should produce a nice average. He's wowed scouts this year with a nice debut at AA, hitting close to .315 all year with a few HR and SB sprinkled in. Relative to level he's extremely young, which bodes well for his future potential. Would be much higher on the list if he offered more power or speed, and while there's always a possibility, his frame doesn't have much projection. Reminds some of a prime Eric Aybar or Alcedies Escobar.

23. Aaron Nola SP Phi (Zirk)

On this list because he's the one of the surest bets in the minors to be a solid ML regular. Carries a sparkling 1.88ERA, 0.89WHIP, and 6.56k/bb ratio into his next start. The numbers look phenomenal but the stuff isn't perfect. He's got a very prominent slingshot type delivery, which leads to less downhill plane on his fastball. The stuff isn't the type that makes scouts go crazy either. It's unrealistic to expect the next great MLB ace, but he's as good a bet as any to settle into an MLB rotation and that certainty is incredibly valuable for both the Phillies and Zirk.

22. Brett Phillips OF Hou (Frau)

It seems like the Stros are never going to run out of guys after all these years of being terrible. Even after Correa, McCullers, Velasquez, Springer and Singleton and more have hit the majors running they seem to just reload draft after draft. The former 6th round pick Phillips has progressed greatly under their tutelage since coming out of Florida HS. Slashing a cool .331 with 11 homers in a high octane environment (Lancaster is a hitters haven in a hitters league) has him moving quickly up prospect lists. Not sure he'll ever be one of the premier players in the game but he could turn into a nice Michael Brantley type with some pop and speed out of CF. The real challenge will be once he hits AA.

21. Jose Berrios SP Min (Lyons)

There's a long held bias against shorter pitchers, people saying their deliveries require more effort, which in turn can lead to less stamina and more injuries. Some have even prefer these 6foot nothing fireballers turn their attention to the bullpen. Berrios has faced these questions the entire time since he popped up on the national scene last year, and has quietly gone about his business anyways. Even if he's destined for the pen long term, the numbers (3.2era, 1.19whip, over a K an inning and a 3.5k/bb ratio vs the toughest competition he's faced yet) look great. Is he destined for a rotation? Who knows. But he's trying his hardest to prove his detractors wrong.

20. The Domincan Ichiro OF Col (Wavy)

He's performed well this year in high A, hitting over .300 with power and speed to boot. A large number of doubles that could turn into HR once he physically matures and hits Coors. Needs to refine his approach, currently has a see ball hit ball mentality that has resulted in not enough walks. It works now because of his natural savvy for barreling the ball anywhere it's thrown at him, but it needs to be worked on or he's going to get exposed at higher levels.

19. Stephen Matz SP NYM (Lyons)

I was never a true believer in the guy, writing him off as a bit of a late bloomer when he popped up last year. It's a good but not great profile, and his ceiling is more of a 2/3 then anything else, but at this point his proximity and certainty add a ton of value to his profile. He would be up right now if the Mets weren't so pitching rich. Probably the best pitcher currently in AAA, and should be the next pitcher to be called up and make an impact. I see a 3.5era and solid 1.2WHIP with a decent amount of Ks in his future.

18. Bradley Zimmer CLE OF (Daniel Thomas Sacchetta)

Seen as a low upside high floor established college bat coming out of the draft, scouts liked but didn't love the Oregan star. They saw a player who could do everything well but didn't stand out in any one area. So far this year Zimmer has done his best to prove them wrong, hitting .300/.400obp with 9 homers and 26 steals in high-A. This is a guy that needs to be accelerated ASAP because he's got no business being at that level anymore. The power and speed this quick are more then anyone projected but we need to see it vs more advanced competition.

17. David Dahl OF Col (Wavy)

This has not been David Dahls year. The Rockies showed a lot of faith in him, aggressively starting him at AA this year. It wasnt all good when he got there as his approach didn't lend itself well to more advanced completion, hitting .260 with only a .290obp. The speed was still assuredly there, and he seemed to be making some progress at the dish before having his spleen ruptured during a collision and being rushed to the ER. Thankfully he's okay, but sadly early reports had him scheduled to miss the rest of the season. His recovery has been swift and now it's said he could be medically cleared by the end of June, but the Rockies might want him to take it easier then that. I had him at 12 to start the year, and he would've fallen more then this had so many people not been promoted. The overall talent level and potential is unchanged, but he could drop much more if he misses any more precious development time.

16. Jameson Tallion SP Pit (MT)

Hasn't thrown at all this year because of TJ but when he does come back he should provide a spark for the Pirates rotation eventually. The important thing to remember is this is a guy who has all the raw talent in the world, once considered by some to be ahead of Harper and Machado in his draft class. The numbers during his minors career have been uninspiring but the same could have been said about Gerrit Cole, who we now see flourishing for the Pirates. As an organization they have strong pitching development in place which really could help mold him in the long run. Ace upside but needs to come back and prove it.

15. Luis Severino SP NYY

All of the same caveats about short pitchers apply to Severino. Considerable effort in his delivery leads some to say he is a future lights out closer. All arm and not much lower body. However, the stuff is no doubt electric and the numbers reflect that as AA and AAA hitters haven't stood much of a chance. Could be up later this year for a Yankee stretch run, especially making an impact out of the pen.

TIER 2: FV 60/65 guys

14. Jeff Hoffman SP TOR ($$$)

Dominant starter in college who at one time was a prime candidate to go No 1 in his draft class, but a springtime TJ surgery dropped him to 9 overall. After a successful rehab, he's back throwing bullets, topping out at 98 and showing the same buckling curve that wowed evaluators in years prior. The numbers aren't exactly there yet but he's shaking off the rust quickly and it shouldn't be too long until he moves quickly throb the system as he showed significant polish at Vandy during his time there. The profile reminds a lot of Lucas Giolito, and the upside is similar. This tier of pitchers have a 1 or 2 upside if everything comes together.

13. Tim Anderson SS/2b/CF CWS (PT)

Raw talent who doesn't have a whole lot of approach at the plate, but the tools are there for him to be a mainstay for a big league team long term. I don't see him as a SS despite the athleticism, and I think long term hell slot in as a CF for the Sox. Looking at some of his spray charts this year and while there hasn't been a change in his OBP, his approach has been refined because he's spraying the ball to all fields better this year. He's barreling pitches and spraying them to CF often. The approach needs to be honed but he's making steps in the right direction, and with his speed and projectable power he could be a force in time. Will need time to adjust at each level but once he does watch out.

12. Alex Reyes SP STL (Wavy)

Reyes was a NJ high school product who decided to bet on himself and move to the Domincan Republic his senior year in order to get more exposure for himself. That confidence in himself paid off as the Cardinals signed him for $950,000. He finished last year on a dominating tear showing unhittable stuff vs completion he clearly outclassed. After beginning the year in the back half of most top 100 lists, reports began to trickle out that his stuff had ticked up, and rather then sitting in the 92-94 range he had ramped it up, sitting 95-97 and being able to reach back for 100 when need be. Complimented with a curve that some scouts have put a 65 or 70 on, he projects as a sure fire ace, as long as he can refine his command. A 1.98 ERA and 12.6k/9 doesn't lie, but neither does 4.77 BB/9.

11. Robert Stephenson SP CIN (Feiter)

Just as the world was ready to write off Stephenson, the immensely talented and incredibly inconsistent righty, he seems to have put it together. Disappointing all of last year and to start this year, he seems to have made some positive adjustments. 38IP, 17hits, a 1.65era and 45ks over his last 5 has people wondering if he can keep this up. There's legitimate ace upside but it hinges on his development from this point. If the recent adjustments are to be believed he is much closer to reaching that ceiling then he was 2 months ago.

10. JP Crawford SS PHI (Peas)

Athletic pedigree guy who reminds a lot of people of another Crawford who was a dominant MLB and fantasy player. Should stick at a premium position long term while supplying his team with a solid BA, OBP some HRs and plenty of SBs to go with it. Maybe the best SS left in the minors now that guys like Correa, Baez, and Lindor are either in the majors or not prospect eligible anymore. He's shown out so far this year and the sky is the limit.

TIER 1: FV 60/65/70 guys

9. Tyler Glasnow SP PIT (Daniel Thomas Sacchetta)

The same things that can be said about Stephenson and Reyes can be said about Glasnow. Long limbed fireballer needs to work on command before he can move to the highest level. Has a tendency to bury his curve rather then throw it for strikes, which is killing AA hitters but I would love to see him throw it for strikes more often as he progresses. He's currently hurt but should be back this year. 2016 ETA should be exciting as hell be one of the more buzzed about names this time next year if he continues his dominance. Seeing him extend his run of solid ERAs and piles of Ks in AA has done a lot for his stock as it adds floor to his lofty ceiling.

8. Rafael Devers 3b/1b BOS (Wavy)

Zig asked when the Cano deal happened who is Rafael Devers? The top rated lefty bat in his international amateur class has surged up evaluators lists since debuting last year as he has shown a propensity to hit for average (.320 as one of the youngest players in A ball right now) and projectable power (scouts throw a 6 or a 7 on his raw power which has yet to show up fully in games yet). At 18 he's the youngest player on this list but carries one of the highest ceilings, with scouts often comparing his swing to Cano himself. His future position is uncertain as his body might outgrow 3b but if he turns into the .300/30hr guy scouts think he can be then it won't matter if he has to move to first.

7. Yoan Moncada 2b/3b/OF ($$$)

The much hyped international signing has disappointed thus far for one of the minors most talented teams in Greenville. Hitting a paltry .206 with a .296obp is not what scouts envisioned when they signed him to that massive deal in the offseason. However, it's only been 20 games, and he spent a year away from professional ball as he made the transition to the states. The tools are still there to make him an impact player at the highest level long term, but he needs to start putting it together if he wants to actualize that.

6. Nomar Mazara RF Tex (Wavy)

Everything you could want in the classic slugging RF package. Signed for the then record 4.95 million dollar bonus a few years back, Mazara made a leap last year, honing his skill enough to hit .270 in high A as a young 19 year old. The Rangers decided to reward him with a promotion to AA and he responded to the challenge by hitting .300 with an approach beyond his years. After being a main attraction on the back fields in spring training he's gone back to AA and is hitting .300/.370 while using all fields. After an early season power drought he's hit 4HR in his past 10. The numbers don't wow but when combined with the profile/tools/age relative to level he's blossomed into one of the games elite hitting prospects.

5. Kyle Schwarber OF/C CHC (PT)

Let me be clear: I don't think Schwarber has a future behind the plate. I see him as a LF with maybe a bit of spot duty as a C when their regular catcher needs a day off. However, the bat is clearly special, and he has the potential to hit .300 with 25+HR with league leading OBP. Doesnt matter if he's behind the plate or not that's an extremely valuable asset anywhere on the diamond, real life or fantasy. His advanced approach could accelerate his clock and we could see him by the end of the year in LF if the Cubs are still fighting for a playoff spot.

4. Miguel Sano 3b/1b MIN (Daniel Thomas Sacchetta)

Spotted at an early age in his native Domincan, the slugger boasted prodigious power that had him signed as the top international amateur in his class. After missing all last season essentially with TJ and hitting just .159 through April this year, he turned it around to the tune of .300/.370 in May and .315/.415 in June so far. The power has never been a question as his 11HR attest, but there is a good deal of swing and miss in his game and it'll always be a part. Likely to be up there with Bryant and Gallo in terms of Ks, but that seems to matter less and less these days as the game evolves. We can expect a .260/.350 type hitter with 30+ hr potential long term. His floor is an MLB regular as well.

3. Julio Urias SP LAD ($$$)

While most other pitchers his age were dominating high school seniors, Urias was schooling AA hitters. At 18 he's still one of the youngest players on this list, and further along his developmental path then many others. The FB sits comfortably in the 92-94 range and his curve, change, command and consistency all grade as plus. It's shocking to see such a young pitcher so advanced this early on in his career. He's the only player on this list I could truly see making his MLB debut for the Dodgers before the age of 20. The stuff isn't that of an ace though, and he profiles as a sure fire No2 as his body is pretty much maxed out as far as we can tell. One of the elite elite prospects in the game.

2. Corey Seager SS/3B LAD (Zirk)

The potent genetics of the Seager family is going to pay off for those parents, while his brother Kyle is raking for the mariners Corey might be even better. After blistering AAF competition to start the year, he's shown no real sign of slowing down at AAA. With Rollins now under the Mendoza line, the Dodgers could call up the exciting youngster for the stretch run while having the former star groom him. A little bit for the SS position, I see him as someone who will move down the road to 3b. I can see 3-4 years of him at the 6, where his .300/25hr potential would carry immense value. Reminds many of Troy Tulo.

1. Lucas Giolito SP WAS (Wavy)

The most sure fire #1 ace caliber prospect in the minors. He routinely sits in the 94-96 range during his starts, and obliterates the competition with downward plane his 6 foot 6 frame allows for. He gets great extension towards the plate which produces a ton of ground balls. His curve showcases a nasty bite and might be the best single pitch in the minors. A 4.08 ERA and 1.36WHIP to start the year leave a lot to be desired, but looking further into the numbers he has an unlucky .418BABIP, to go with a dominant 11.57k/9 and 1.82bb/9. That's good for a 6.38 SO/bb ratio, which would be second in the minors behind the Phillies Aaron Nola. He's doing this at age 20 in high A, and realistically we could see him carving up Major Leaguers by 2016 as long as the Nationals ramp up his innings properly.

Quick notes: Other owned risers and fallers

Risers:

Nick Williams

Luis Ortiz

Gleyber Torres

Bret Honeywell

Grant Holmes

Michael Conforto

Tyler Beede

Robert Gsellman

Austin Meadows

Jorge Mateo

Ryan McMahon

Reynaldo Lopez

Jose De Leon

Blake Snell

Wilmer Difo

Anthony Alford

Derek Fisher

Trea turner

Fallers:

Clint Frazier

Raul Mondesi

Jesse winker

Braden shipley

Franklin barreto

Nick gordon

Hunter harvey

Pete o brien

Dj peterson

Jorge Alfaro

Mark Appel

Alex Meyer

Lucas sims

Henry Owens

Alex Jackson

Jon gray

Matt wisler was always trash

where do you rank Sean Newcomb? He looks pretty legit so far.

Probably as a borderline top 60 or so guy. He's been solid but he's also facing competition that I don't think is really challenging him thus far. An advanced college arm like that will be better suited for AA or AAA. His timetable should progress rather quickly but one of the caveats with him is that he doesn't have any true standout pitch. He's huge and lefty which is great but I don't see him as more then a 2/3 type and there's a million of those guys to gamble on for fantasy purposes.

Nice job!!!!

We can all quibble, I like Urias over Giolito, due to his age and now he can see with both eyes :) plus Giolito has TJS already, injury concern for me long term. I don't think we've seen a prospect like Urias before, who knows what he can develop into? SP2 is his floor IMO, barring health of course.

Seager is #1 for me. I see 35+ hr potential in what will be a very loaded lineup for years to come.

Seager, Urias, Sano are my 1-3.

Ps - fantasy wise, if Peraza can stick at 2b, he will be insanely valuable as a potential 40-50 SB threat, run machine.

Nice job!!!!

We can all quibble, I like Urias over Giolito, due to his age and now he can see with both eyes :) plus Giolito has TJS already, injury concern for me long term. I don't think we've seen a prospect like Urias before, who knows what he can develop into? SP2 is his floor IMO, barring health of course.

Seager is #1 for me. I see 35+ hr potential in what will be a very loaded lineup for years to come.

Seager, Urias, Sano are my 1-3.

Ps - fantasy wise, if Peraza can stick at 2b, he will be insanely valuable as a potential 40-50 SB threat, run machine.

Love the debate, that's why I posted this up. I think Gio offers a higher upside then Urias if everything clicks, and my rankings reflect as such. Gio reminds me of a Jose Fernandez type when it's all settled. Urias is more Felix Hernandez, with his youth and pitchability. Of course these two could provide wildly different values as time goes on, but I often fall into the trap of looking at the projectable frame, and seeing more durability/plane/velocity from Giolito and prioritizing that, as I think his body offers more inherent value then the comparitably diminutive Urias.

I might even take Sano over Seager, and I surely don't see 35+ in Seagers bat. But thanks for the response and compliments!

Interesting list. Why do you have Peter O'Brien in the falling category?

Personally I prefer Urias over Giolito in that debate. I haven't seen either one of them a ton, but Julio seems more polished despite being two years younger. I agree that Giolito has the higher upside (I think he has the potential to be the number one pitcher in baseball) but Urias has a better floor. I'd honestly be surprised if Urias isn't at very least a middle of the rotation starter. I think the odds are very good he's at least a borderline ace throughout his career

Interesting list. Why do you have Peter O'Brien in the falling category?

Because his status as a catcher eligible player is seriously in question (finally) for the organization.

I haven't thought he was a catcher pretty much ever. He's got a classic quad-A profile. The best I can see him doing is hitting .250 or so with moderate power and a ton of K's due to the length in his swing as a major league left fielder. That isn't a prospect to monitor.

That's why Urias is so interesting. There are no good comps. His upside is a complete mystery at 18. It could be SP2 or something we haven't seen for a while.

Personally I prefer Urias over Giolito in that debate. I haven't seen either one of them a ton, but Julio seems more polished despite being two years younger. I agree that Giolito has the higher upside (I think he has the potential to be the number one pitcher in baseball) but Urias has a better floor. I'd honestly be surprised if Urias isn't at very least a middle of the rotation starter. I think the odds are very good he's at least a borderline ace throughout his career

I don't disagree with pretty much anything you said. I think ultimately Lucas has the better "stuff" and the 1/2 combination of his fast and curve (grading both out at 70+) is going to overrule the complete package that Urias offers. I value upside over floor and Lucas has him beat there undoubtably.

That's why Urias is so interesting. There are no good comps. His upside is a complete mystery at 18. It could be SP2 or something we haven't seen for a while.

I just don't think there's a whole lot of project-ability/stuff left in order to see him become that #1 overall sort of pitcher.

I see that in Lucas and the numbers reflect it

I don't disagree with pretty much anything you said. I think ultimately Lucas has the better "stuff" and the 1/2 combination of his fast and curve (grading both out at 70+) is going to overrule the complete package that Urias offers. I value upside over floor and Lucas has him beat there undoubtably.

I agree about Gio's upside, and usually I'm the same way about upside over floor, but I think Urias is a special case because his floor is so insanely high in my mind. I honestly can't foresee a scenario, barring a step backwards or an injury that he's not a quality big league starter. The reason I value upside over floor is because typically high floor players end up being quality bench players or back of the rotation starters, but not solid contributors. I don't see that being the case with Urias. Also, let's not forget that Julio also has tremendous upside, just not as tremendous as Gio.

That being said, both are awesome and I hope both become aces (I say this without owning either). Urias seems similar to a lefty Felix to me, whereas I've heard some say Gio reminds them of JoFer.

"The Dominican Ichiro?"...Tapia?

Love the list, especially since I own the top 3. B)

I know he is injured, but no Dylan Bundy?

At this point I'm worried enough about the constant injuries/missed developmental time/diminished stuff to really see him as more of a 2/3 right now. I considered him for the back end but once I saw he needed another MRI it gave me pause. I'm also concerned about Baltimore's ability to develop pitchers but that's another topic.

He would probably be 26, though.

I definitely would have added Peraza on the list though. He's a .290-.300 hitter and can swipe 50 bags at the MI or 2b position, assuming he says there.

I definitely would have added Peraza on the list though. He's a .290-.300 hitter and can swipe 50 bags at the MI or 2b position, assuming he says there.

Given he's been moved to the OF, though, that's a huge assumption. It's not a lock, but the increasing time in the OF really suggests that's where they will play him - which really caps his value.

http://gwinnettbravesblog.mlblogs.com/2015/06/12/atlanta-braves-minor-league-outfield-coordinator-bobby-mitchell-helps-jose-peraza-transition-to-center-field/

For pitchers based on ceiling - does such a list exist?

who whould be on your shortlist?

1. Giolito

2. Hoffman

3. Alex Reyes

....my list isnt very good!

:(

does such a list exist?

1. Giolito

2. Hoffman

3. Alex Reyes

Tier 1: The 1/2 tier.

Giolito

Reyes

Urias

Hoffman

Tier 2: The 1/2 tier with slightly worse performance with a few more questions

Glasnow

Stephenson

Taillion

Bundy

Tier 3:

A whole lot of guys who have a knock on them, whether undersized in the case of Severino or Berrios, or might not have quite as dominant potential stuff as the guys above (Matz, Norris, Gray would top this for me, followed by a ton of guys who are labeled 2/3 types.)

Tier 4: the wildcards, guys who could be but are a long ways off. Most are real young and have developmental hurdles to overcome, but have the potential stuff to be way higher then they are now.

Touki

Reynaldo Lopez

Kolek

Kohl Stewart

Anderson Espinoza (Sawks homer pick)

Harvey

Holmes

Tate

Aiken

Fulmer

Tier 4: The 2015 pop ups. These guys took a developmental leap forward this year and have impressed evals

Honeywell

Snell

De Leon

Boyd

My top few would be Glasnow, Urias, Giolito, and Reyes.

does such a list exist?

1. Giolito

2. Hoffman

3. Alex Reyes

Giolito

Reyes

Urias

Hoffman

Glasnow

Stephenson

Taillion

Bundy

Tier 3:

A whole lot of guys who have a knock on them, whether undersized in the case of Severino or Berrios, or might not have quite as dominant potential stuff as the guys above (Matz, Norris, Gray would top this for me, followed by a ton of guys who are labeled 2/3 types.)

Tier 4: the wildcards, guys who could be but are a long ways off. Most are real young and have developmental hurdles to overcome, but have the potential stuff to be way higher then they are now.

Touki

Reynaldo Lopez

Kolek

Kohl Stewart

Harvey

Holmes

Tate

Aiken

Fulmer

Tier 4: The 2015 pop ups. These guys took a developmental leap forward this year and have impressed evals

Honeywell

Snell

De Leon

Boyd

This is a good list but Severino is a glaring omission. Chalk that up to Sox homerism as well?

does such a list exist?

1. Giolito

2. Hoffman

3. Alex Reyes

Giolito

Reyes

Urias

Hoffman

Glasnow

Stephenson

Taillion

Bundy

Tier 3:

Touki

Reynaldo Lopez

Kolek

Kohl Stewart

Harvey

Holmes

Tate

Aiken

Fulmer

Honeywell

Snell

De Leon

Boyd

This is a good list but Severino is a glaring omission. Chalk that up to Sox homerism as well?

Should probably clean off your glasses...

does such a list exist?

1. Giolito

2. Hoffman

3. Alex Reyes

Giolito

Reyes

Urias

Hoffman

Glasnow

Stephenson

Taillion

Bundy

Tier 3:

Touki

Reynaldo Lopez

Kolek

Kohl Stewart

Harvey

Holmes

Tate

Aiken

Fulmer

Honeywell

Snell

De Leon

Boyd

Ah, cntrl f found him. I guess because it wasn't listed out like the rest. Would put him in tier 2 though.

does such a list exist?

1. Giolito

2. Hoffman

3. Alex Reyes

Giolito

Reyes

Urias

Hoffman

Glasnow

Stephenson

Taillion

Bundy

Tier 3:

Touki

Reynaldo Lopez

Kolek

Kohl Stewart

Harvey

Holmes

Tate

Aiken

Fulmer

Honeywell

Snell

De Leon

Boyd

Ah, cntrl f found him. I guess because it wasn't listed out like the rest. Would put him in tier 2 though.

I really think, like Reynaldo, he's destined for the bullpen. Violent delivery, lots of arm and not as much use of the lower body. That, combined with his height, downgrade him for me. The stuff is electric, but the body and delivery raise questions.