NYR Fan 116894

Brendan Rodgers - SS COL

54 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

is this guy worth a pickup in shallow leagues if/when he gets the call?

Yes/ SS eligibility at Coors, player with a high floor batting at Coors Field with legit power.    Yes please!!!!

7 hours ago, Baseball Or Bust said:

Yes/ SS eligibility at Coors, player with a high floor batting at Coors Field with legit power.    Yes please!!!!

This could have been a post on the mcmahon or hampson thread the last 2 pre draft seasons :(.   Just gonna keep swinging until one of them sticks.

Back in the lineup tonight it looks like. Weird he got two games off in a row. Hoping he was being recalled but better then being hurt I guess.

18 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

From Rockies beat writer Patrick saunders

I’ve talked to a number of people who keep a close watch on Rodgers and I get the sense that while he’s ready to be a major-leaguer at the plate, he still has some fundamental work to do as a fielder, especially as a second baseman.

Rodgers is a natural third baseman, but a player named Nolan Arenado is blocking him there. Rodger has been playing shortstop and second base with the Isotopes, but he’s blocked by Trevor Story at short.

Could Rodgers bump McMahon from second base? Not right now. Down the road? Yes, but we all know the Rockies don’t like the rush their prospects, even though Rodgers certainly is pushing the envelope. Bottom line, barring an injury, I don’t see him joining the major-league club before the all-star break.

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

This could have been a post on the mcmahon or hampson thread the last 2 pre draft seasons :(.   Just gonna keep swinging until one of them sticks.

Neither mcmahon or hampson have he pedigree/ hype anything that Rodgers has.  

• Like 1

According to Twitter, took a fastball to the head.  Not great.

Rodgers back in there tonight, and hits a HR in first AB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2019 at 10:15 AM, Jericho said:

Oh the generic he needs to work on defense excuse? I'm not going to sit here and say it's completely bogus. These are prospects after all, they pretty much all need work on a lot of things. And sure, 2B is not Rodger's "prime" position. That's actually shortstop, not 3B as the beat writer claims. Rodgers was a high school shortstop and has played a whopping 24 games at 3B total in the minors (compared to 80 games at 2B and 239 games at SS). And it's not like 2B is that "new" to him, as he's played some games there since 2016.

Let's also acknowledge there have been plenty of guys that came up to the majors and played a different position. Gleyber Torres played very, very little 2B in the minors (I count 16 games total), but came up as the Yankees full time 2B last year. Or Michael Chavis this year (5 games total in the minors at 2B). Not to mention the idea that there's some magical defensive threshold that Rodgers will somehow cross if he only plays in the minor for about another month or so. It's all BS and meaningless.

I was wondering why Rodgers has been out. I suspect some illness, but surprised nothing has been reported that I could find. I'd love to see him called up, but: (1) it's the Rockies; and (2) this is probably all about Super-2. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I doubt he comes up until June when magically whatever "issues" he had will haven rectified.

Passive aggressive, the post.

Pat the bat didn't play tonight. My guess is he's moving back up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bradwatson said:

Pat the bat didn't play tonight. My guess is he's moving back up.

Has to be. Most Rockies move ever. 

Seriously? Pat the bat? Ugh Rox

11 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Seriously? Pat the bat? Ugh Rox

Typical Rockies. While Milwaukee is out here making moves to win, the Rockies are still sniffing glue in the sandbox.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Typical Rockies. While Milwaukee is out here making moves to win, the Rockies are still sniffing glue in the sandbox.

Sad truth. 

Posted (edited)

is he a stash with realistic chance at getting the call or will  col. be col.

Edited by colepenhagen

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

is he a stash with realistic chance at getting the call or will  col. be col.

Purely me speculating but I'd guess if they were going to make a move that it would be after super 2.  Their moves so far don't seem intent on winning this season.  They are currently 4th in the West and 10th in the East.  In contrast, Milwaukee and Cleveland are both 2nd in their division.  Disclosure:  I'm not a Rockies fan and don't have any specific insight to the team. I'm just expecting it to be June before I think it would be realistic.

Once he gets the call I don't know what I'll be more excited about - him getting the call or me not having to sift through endless soccer tweets about the other Brendan Rodgers when searching Twitter for updates on his callup.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1