Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Light

Zach Lee SP Dodgers

I didn't see a thread on him. He's been impressive in the PSL league, 2.45 ERA and good K/bb ratios. I don't know what his arsenal possesses, but any chance he gets called up soon? It's not like frias is that good, and I guess beachy might come back, but Lee seems like their best choice.

Could be an option to Start on Sat Is he an "add now " ?

Friday's starter is still up in the air. Greinke is with his wife who's ready to give birth any day now. They're saying Greinke could still start Sat or Sun depending. Zach Lee for Fri would be an opportunity except he pitched on Mon. Would they trot him out there on just 4 days rest?

Per fangraphs

9. Zach Lee, RHP Video: Lee was a super high profile prep prospect as a four star quarterback recruit for LSU that skipped out on the gridiron to sign with the Dodgers as a first rounder in 2010 for $5.25 million. After signing, the 19-year-old Lee headed to Low-A and sat 92-94, hitting 96 mph with a plus slider and the athleticism you expected to see, but all three attributes have backed up since then.

Lee now sits 88-93 mph with an average fastball from a less athletic, east-west delivery designed to create deception but that also stresses his shoulder more than his former free-and-easy delivery. His slider is solid average at it’s best, his changeup has improved to flash above average and his fourth pitch curveball is also average at times, but the stuff is no more than a 4th starter at this point; he should get a big league look this year.

....that's too bad, does anyone have insight into why they changed his delivery?