Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cltubbs

Hunter Renfroe - OF SD

7 minutes ago, amcsoldier said:

Margot's out because he's hurt.

Did he get reinjured because he already return from the injury reported last week. 

9 minutes ago, amcsoldier said:

Margot's out because he's hurt.

You have a source for this? Because he played both games of the DH yesterday and went for 4-8...

19 minutes ago, PPolanco said:

They HAVE to call up Renfroe.. right:wub:

Margot pulled from the game!

17 minutes ago, PPolanco said:

They HAVE to call up Renfroe.. right:wub:

Technically, they dont HAVE to. The Padres front office doesnt care about our fantasy teams. I hope they do, tho.

1 hour ago, MVRDevils said:

Technically, they dont HAVE to. The Padres front office doesnt care about our fantasy teams. I hope they do, tho.

Blash coming up Renfroe won't be up til sept. This screams super 2

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, Golden Spikes said:

Blash coming up Renfroe won't be up til sept. This screams super 2

Amarista, then he gets DL'ed then Blash. Doesn't look like he is coming up anytime soon. :(

I read Renfroe won't be up til the PCL playoffs are over.

16 minutes ago, unwine10 said:

I read Renfroe won't be up til the PCL playoffs are over.

I was wondering about when he could be called up..thanks.

Playing in the AAA Championship game on Tuesday.  Should be called up after that to add him to the Padres 40 man roster and protect him from the Rule 5 draft

What does having Renfroe in the majors for a week and a half accomplish?  Given his productivity in AAA this year, he should have been given a two month audition.  He will be 25 before next season starts.  Instead the Padres would rather sign Oswaldo Arcia who has been released by three teams this year. 

3 hours ago, Lonny Baxter said:

What does having Renfroe in the majors for a week and a half accomplish?  Given his productivity in AAA this year, he should have been given a two month audition.  He will be 25 before next season starts.  Instead the Padres would rather sign Oswaldo Arcia who has been released by three teams this year. 

Again.  Extra year of control of a player whereas playing him for those 2 months on a loser of a team doesn't help SD at all.

The control/free agent issue has changed the dynamics entirely of when a prospect gets the call.  Especially on a team going nowhere.  It's not about his ability.  It's about having the guy around an extra year in his prime without having to wait through April and May (2 months cited above issue) before calling him up in 2017.

I don't think it would impact arbitration or free agency unless he spends additional time in the minor leagues after this season.

Even if he was brought up on August 1st, it would not be possible to be super two so he would not be eligible for arbitration until after the 2019 season at the earliest and eligible for free agency until after the 2022 season at the earliest.     

Call up seems a bit anticlimatic with 2 weeks left in the season. Looking forward to seeing what he does though...dynasty stash for next year.