Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JVortex888

B.J. Ryan's Injury

He apparently has an elbow problem, not a back problem like they said.

I thought that was already known?

I thought that was already known?

Ricciardi lied back in the spring to play it off and Gibbons and Ryan went along with it. So basically they made it seem like his elbow problem just began when he went on the DL when it was going on all spring and into the season.

Ricciardi lied back in the spring to play it off and Gibbons and Ryan went along with it. So basically they made it seem like his elbow problem just began when he went on the DL when it was going on in spring/season.

ok, now that makes sense to me. thanks!

Right on Rotoworld's front page:

Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi admittted that he lied about B.J. Ryan having a back problem this spring, revealing that it was his elbow that bothered him all along.

"First of all, it wasn't B.J. Ryan's back that was bothering him," Ricciardi told Toronto's Fan 590. "It was his elbow that was bothering him. So we said it was his back so we could have a little bit more time." Incredible. It's one thing to downplay an injury, but it's entirely another to lie about the whole thing. Ryan and manager John Gibbons went along with the scheme, and Gibbons, in particular, looked like a fool for some of his quotes along the way. It's lesson learned for us. Even more so than the Cubs and A's, the Jays can't be trusted when it comes to providing injury info. May. 5 - 1:10 pm et

You can never trust those canadians!

those damn canucks....oh yeah, Riccardi's an american....and Gibbons....and Ryan...shouldv'e know if there was deception there would be americans involved. Thats what the canucks get for hiring them to run the team.