Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGWannabe

'Brevin

The news said there's 50% cassell will be buyout. Knight was averaged 12/4/9/2 with 32 minutes two season ago. I do think if cassell is buyout, i dont expect knight will produce the number of two season ago but how about 12/3/6/2.

Sam Cassell and the Clippers appear to be parting ways soon. Cassell, the team's veteran point guard, confirmed wide speculation today that he is seeking a buyout of his contract. "They've been discussing it, so what more can I say?," said Cassell, 38. "Both parties are getting to a number and saying, 'OK, this is what we'll do it for.' I just want to be treated fairly." Los Angeles Times

Cassell was mum on any progress made concerning the negotiation of the Clippers buying out the remaining portion of his contract. Cassell's agent, David Falk, attended Friday night's game against Utah but had little to say before and after the game. "I think he left town (Sunday) morning," Cassell said. When asked if Falk has made any progress in talks with the Clippers, Cassell said, "I don't know what David's doing." Orange County Register

A buyout, in which Cassell agrees to forfeit some of the remaining money due on his $6.1-million contract this year, would let Cassell be waived and sign with another NBA team. The Boston Celtics, Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks are reportedly among the teams interested in Cassell if he becomes a free agent. Cassell is represented by David Falk, who also represents Clippers teammate Elton Brand. Los Angeles Times

I think its safe to say to start looking into picking up Knight if you need some assts.

Hmm... Cassell didn't play today but Knight only had 2 assists. Perhaps Dan Dickau will come in and wreck Knight's value?? When is Livingston coming back?

Hmm... Cassell didn't play today but Knight only had 2 assists. Perhaps Dan Dickau will come in and wreck Knight's value?? When is Livingston coming back?

Clips were playing the Celts tonight. One reason why his assts were down. Dickau will get some mins. but not enough to have any value.

Livingston is a long shot to even play this season let alone looking into picking this guy up

cassell bought out

According to a Clippers source, the team will announce today that it is buying out the contract of the 38-year-old guard.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce...awing_interest/

brevin, im movin on your weak productions

I'm actually thinking of dropping Noah for him. I hate the Bulls rotation... the healthier the bulls get the more erratic PT in Chitown will get. Either that or little Nate Rob or Conlley.

One game isn't a very good barometer for anything, including assists. The guy could have made all the passes and if his teammates missed shots, he ends up with 2 assists. Next day, same plays and he ends up with 8 or 9. He played 28 minutes and only took 7 shots, so I would think the assists will be there. Not elite, but decent.

I'm going to wait for Brand to come back, then Brevin will have true value. When he was with Charlotte he was deadly using the athletic Okefor for alley-op passes. I expect him to do relatively close to what he did in Charlotte with Brand there (assists wise). Right now though, I don't think he posses much value even as a starter.

I think you have to drop Carter for Knight. Carter is being phased out by Smith now and in the future more when Atkins gets back in a few weeks.

Would anybody drop Jack for Knight? Just read with Roy out he's coming off the bench again.

I picked him up....I have been waiting patiently for someone on the WW to have value in the assist column for a few weeks now.

An NBA source said yesterday that Clippers owner Donald Sterling does not seem interested in buying out the final year of guard Sam Cassell's contract. Cassell's agent, David Falk, has given the Clippers a deadline of Saturday to complete the buyout so the 6-foot-3-inch, two-time NBA champion would be eligible for another team's postseason roster. Cassell is being paid $6.1 million this season, and is believed to be owed about one-third of that total. Boston Globe

Not so good for those who added Brevin

An NBA source said yesterday that Clippers owner Donald Sterling does not seem interested in buying out the final year of guard Sam Cassell's contract. Cassell's agent, David Falk, has given the Clippers a deadline of Saturday to complete the buyout so the 6-foot-3-inch, two-time NBA champion would be eligible for another team's postseason roster. Cassell is being paid $6.1 million this season, and is believed to be owed about one-third of that total. Boston Globe

Not so good for those who added Brevin

its a bargaining ploy. sam's gonna have to concede some more money if he wants sterling to pay him to leave. if he's not bought out, it's pointless to run a player out there who's mind is elsewhere.

i still like brevin going forward.