Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gvgnumber1

Free ESPN Dynasty league needs replacement manager

I’ve just recently taken over a dynasty league that keeps 20 players at no penalty. The previous league manager has abandoned his team and it needs a replacement. Surprisingly, it has some great pieces on there. But due to the lack of in-season managing, they are out of the mix this year.

The league is a 12 team points league with a roster size of 37. The catch is, there are position maximums, which have been a nuisance for me this season, but keep teams from stacking all four of the SS prospects at the top of Keith Law’s minor leaguer rankings, or something of similar ilk.

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=126944&teamId=1&seasonId=2015

Your team for next year would be:

C Devin Mesoraco

1B Prince Fielder

2B Jose Altuve

3B Kyle Seager

SS Carlos Correa

2B/SS Kolten Wong

1B/3B Joey Gallo

IF Brett Lawrie

OF Starling Marte

OF Billy Hamilton

OF Nori Aoki

OF Kevin Kiermaier

OF David Peralta

OF Ender Inciarte

UTIL DJ LeMahieu

Bench: Jordy Mercer, Dalton Pompey, CJ Cron, Michael Morse, Mike Zunino, Robert Refsnyder, Odubel Herrera, Albert Almora, Chris Taylor

P Felix Hernandez

P Garrit Cole

SP AJ Burnett

SP Mat Latos

SP Andrew Cashner

SP Kevin Gausman

SP Collin McHugh

RP Andrew Miller

RP Tyler Clippard

RP AJ Ramos

RP Ken Giles

RP Sergio Romo

Bench: Jesse Hahn, Nathan Eovaldi

Scoring system is unusual for a points league. Total bases is the key stat. The leaders in bating are leaders in total bases and plate appearances, with fluctuations based on K/BB ratio, Extra Base Hits and Stolen Bases. For Pitchers, its fairly standard for the direct pitching categories, but modifiers like Shutouts, Complete Games, No Hitters, Perfect Games are lower values. Quality Starts instead of wins, but they’re only worth one point… something I will bump up next year.

One key note in the scoring system: Batters and Hitters are very close in point totals. The 50th batter this year has scored like 25 points more than the 50th pitcher. #1 at each position are nearly identical.

I’m wanting to trade the new manager for Kyle Seager and Carlos Correa (maybe AJ Ramos too?), so I will give the team to anyone who can come up with a trade that doesn’t include my Dozier, Rizzo, or Brantley. See my team here:

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=126944&teamId=12&seasonId=2015

Wait are you saying you are only going to give the team to someone if they trade you seager and correa? If so, never mind. that's ridiculous.

Probably. Key word is: "Wanting" to make a trade. I'm not going to trade Jose Fernandez, AJ Pollock and Hunter Pence for Seager and Correa, but if someone here can come up with a fair trade that benefits both rebuilding teams, then I'm going to give the team to them over someone who just says they will take the team. As a League Manager, I want to see a new owner take legitimate ownership of the team and put some brain power into this. I'm currently shopping for a 3B, so I may not even go through with a fair trade if I get someone like Franco before I fill this team.

I don't need more managers afraid to make trades. Single digit trades across an entire league's season is boring. So if anyone is interested, put together a fair dynasty league trade offer.

I don't think I will need good luck. If I manually drop Seager and Correa from this team, its still much better than most dynasty teams you take over. But instead, you get a team with all of these great players and I get to test the new manager's ability to come up with fair trades, which I am sure you are aware is a difficult skill to find in the fantasy community.

Why is it a requirement for the new manager to trade you Seager and Correa? That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Oh and by the way the new owner can't have Dozier, Rizzo or Brantley (he's a bum anyway)

You really are out there sir. New manager must trade me 2 of their best players in order to get into the league. Sounds fun!!

Probably. Key word is: "Wanting" to make a trade. I'm not going to trade Jose Fernandez, AJ Pollock and Hunter Pence for Seager and Correa, but if someone here can come up with a fair trade that benefits both rebuilding teams, then I'm going to give the team to them over someone who just says they will take the team. As a League Manager, I want to see a new owner take legitimate ownership of the team and put some brain power into this. I'm currently shopping for a 3B, so I may not even go through with a fair trade if I get someone like Franco before I fill this team.

I don't need more managers afraid to make trades. Single digit trades across an entire league's season is boring. So if anyone is interested, put together a fair dynasty league trade offer.

You are insane! Your more concerned with making your team better then finding a new manager.

you couldn't afford Correa and Seager if your not giving up Rizzo or JoFer. you want someone to trade you Correa and Seager for Singleton and Gomes.

There is nothing wrong with finding a good manager but this is beyond strange. With you at the wheel I see this league falling apart real soon.

im actually still working on this....i find it fun so give me some more time but the hitting categories should be changed IMO

There are alot of league rules and things im not 100% sure on but anyway

I give you Correa Seager and Morse

You give Crawford, D murphy, and Pollock

If i messed something up let me know rules wise and these weird hitting categorys take more than 10 mins to understand and trade.

Im in 2 exspensive league already but id consider playing once i learned the rules all the way.

If i messed something up let me know rules wise and these weird hitting categorys take more than 10 mins to understand and trade.

Im in 2 exspensive league already but id consider playing once i learned the rules all the waAndf

Haha, and there is his new manager.... That trade is all kinds of ugly

Im in 2 exspensive league already but id consider playing once i learned the rules all the waAndf

How so?

Correa > Crawford , Seager > murphy and pollock >>> morse

Did you even look at the rosters and try to do this? Crawford is solid and has gotten better. Murphy and Seager are similar but power to seager and Pollock is a stud

Why is it a requirement for the new manager to trade you Seager and Correa? That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Oh and by the way the new owner can't have Dozier, Rizzo or Brantley (he's a bum anyway)

You really are out there sir. New manager must trade me 2 of their best players in order to get into the league. Sounds fun!!

You are insane! Your more concerned with making your team better then finding a new manager.

you couldn't afford Correa and Seager if your not giving up Rizzo or JoFer. you want someone to trade you Correa and Seager for Singleton and Gomes.

There is nothing wrong with finding a good manager but this is beyond strange. With you at the wheel I see this league falling apart real soon.

Seager and Correa are not nearly this team's best players. Rizzo is my corner stone and Dozier and Brantley are my favorite players, so they're untouchable. Jose Ferdinand IS available for trade, good job on the reading comprehension there. And your suggested trade offer of Singleton and Gomes for Correa and Seager is really bad. Did you even try?

Jokes aside, it is an unusual request for filling a manager spot in a dynasty league. I understand that. But this team is fantastic, and an immediate contender next year. If someone loves Correa, they can keep him and offer up another trade. I'm not forcing anything, but I do want to see a genuine joy for trading and coming up with a fair trade that helps both rebuilding teams.

I just wanna know if you accept that trade

How so?

Correa > Crawford , Seager > murphy and pollock >>> morse

Did you even look at the rosters and try to do this? Crawford is solid and has gotten better. Murphy and Seager are similar but power to seager and Pollock is a stud

He's just calling it a bad trade because he doesn't like the challenge of coming up with a trade to enter the league. Or maybe he doesn't know who AJ Pollock is...

I think Pollock is a great player, I have him in all but one of my leagues and completely saw a breakout for him this year. He has a longer track record than Correa, going back to the beginning of last year, but Correa is a higher touted prospect and at a rarer position, even though his advanced stats show he's not going to hit for this much power. So given the Dynasty format, the two are nearly fair value with a good edge to Pollock.

Seager I have owned on various teams the last two years, and everything but his batting average is in line with his usual stats, but I see his BABIP is low, so I'm willing to pay for last year's stats and not just this years. Crawford is an elite defensive SS, which means he's playing damn near every game, and while his hot start wasn't supported by the advanced stats, if you take the season to date and look at what he's doing, it looks legit. A good young player who will always be on the field and slowly improving his hitting. Murphy is perennially better than you would think for a fantasy player. He's in his early thirties, and has had some injury issues as of late, but his batting hasn't ever been in question. The ideal points league middle infielder. The position flexibility is a nice add, in a league with so many infield starting slots. I see Seager for Crawford and Murphy leaning in Seager's favor on pure numbers, but when you count in positions for Crawford and Muphy it seems fair value.

I can't have Morse, because it would put me above the 1B limit. But I would be willing to do the trade with out him.

Morse can play OF also though. So it almost hurts someones value if they play multiple spots? I dislike that but I agree pretty spot on with your assessment of the players. I just dont have a feel for these foreign rules yet

Morse can play OF also though. So it almost hurts someones value if they play multiple spots? I dislike that but I agree pretty spot on with your assessment of the players.

Figuring out the positions eligibility thing was tricky, but it appears that the first position listed on that player is what category they will count against. For instance, I have Billy Butler who is listed as DH and 1B. But he counts only as a DH on my roster, which allows me to have 4 1B in total. Its a strange format that I wont be changing this season, but will consider changing in the offseason if there is enough support for it in the league. If you get Murphy in the deal, he counts as a 2B and not a 3B... which is better because the original creator of the league set it up so that you can own more 2B/SSs than you can 1B/3B. And you can own a ton of OF, 15 with 5 at each L/R/C. But when you pick up players off FA, it doesn't list which position they count against, which is annoying.

Yea... You can almost write your own ticket with Correa in Dynasty. His value is through the roof. The return would have to be at the very least a top 10-15 Dynasty player. And in dynasty in no way shape or form is Pollack>correa. thats just ridiculous

Il join if u want me to...

Yea... You can almost write your own ticket with Correa in Dynasty. His value is through the roof. The return would have to be at the very least a top 10-15 Dynasty player. And in dynasty in no way shape or form is Pollack>correa. thats just ridiculous

I agree with you on that I actually didnt think about it being a keeper league...which would change my offer some

How? Tell me just HOW correa is that good? Is it because he was a high pick in his draft and has a start in the majors just as good as Brandon Crawford's start this season? Does that prove he's a top 15 dynasty player for you? I can list 30 players I like better than Correa, and Pollock is one of them. And the reason is, because I pulled up his Fangraphs page and did what I normally do: Make my own assessment on the player based on his history and his current pace. Using stats like Batted balls, O and Z Swing%, Iso and many more. Correa has a lot of work to do to be as good as you expect him to be. But by all means, if you have some stats or a scouting report that can back up your claim, please show it to me.

How? Tell me just HOW correa is that good? Is it because he was a high pick in his draft and has a start in the majors just as good as Brandon Crawford's start this season? Does that prove he's a top 15 dynasty player for you? I can list 30 players I like better than Correa, and Pollock is one of them. And the reason is, because I pulled up his Fangraphs page and did what I normally do: Make my own assessment on the player based on his history and his current pace. Using stats like Batted balls, O and Z Swing%, Iso and many more. Correa has a lot of work to do to be as good as you expect him to be. But by all means, if you have some stats or a scouting report that can back up your claim, please show it to me.

Best scouting report is watching baseball as much as possible. Seeing who you think is good

Best scouting report is watching baseball as much as possible. Seeing who you think is good

I let the professionals do that work. I can't watch every player and remember everything about them. I have my selected few writers I keep up with, then I do the statistical work when I need to for trades or pick ups.

Are you changing your offer? If you have room for it on your fantasy plate, the team is open to you. With promise that there will be some standard changes to some of the setup to the league in the offseason.

ZSTLJ , this guy is REQUIRING the new manager of an abandoned team to trade him Correa and Seager before he gives the new manager the team. Read the original post and tell me this guy isn't insane.

There's only one thing I need to know - the new commish is trying to broker a deal and will give the team to the prospective owner who gives him the best deal.

Effectively, you're trying to auction off the new team to the highest bidder. I think most fantasy veterans would consider this a shady proposition.