Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gvgnumber1

Free ESPN Dynasty league needs replacement manager

Wait are you saying you are only going to give the team to someone if they trade you seager and correa? If so, never mind. that's ridiculous.

Probably. Key word is: "Wanting" to make a trade. I'm not going to trade Jose Fernandez, AJ Pollock and Hunter Pence for Seager and Correa, but if someone here can come up with a fair trade that benefits both rebuilding teams, then I'm going to give the team to them over someone who just says they will take the team. As a League Manager, I want to see a new owner take legitimate ownership of the team and put some brain power into this. I'm currently shopping for a 3B, so I may not even go through with a fair trade if I get someone like Franco before I fill this team.

I don't need more managers afraid to make trades. Single digit trades across an entire league's season is boring. So if anyone is interested, put together a fair dynasty league trade offer.

"Wait are you saying you are only going to give the team to someone if they trade you Seager and Correa?

Your answer - "Probably"

so your telling me people have to deal with your insane requirements AND they can't win any money? I have a feeling you will be searching for more owners very soon.

Why is it a requirement for the new manager to trade you Seager and Correa? That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Oh and by the way the new owner can't have Dozier, Rizzo or Brantley (he's a bum anyway) You really are out there sir. New manager must trade me 2 of their best players in order to get into the league. Sounds fun!!

You are insane! Your more concerned with making your team better then finding a new manager.

you couldn't afford Correa and Seager if your not giving up Rizzo or JoFer. you want someone to trade you Correa and Seager for Singleton and Gomes.

There is nothing wrong with finding a good manager but this is beyond strange. With you at the wheel I see this league falling apart real soon.

Seager and Correa are not nearly this team's best players. Rizzo is my corner stone and Dozier and Brantley are my favorite players, so they're untouchable. Jose Ferdinand IS available for trade, good job on the reading comprehension there. And your suggested trade offer of Singleton and Gomes for Correa and Seager is really bad. Did you even try?

Jokes aside, it is an unusual request for filling a manager spot in a dynasty league. I understand that. But this team is fantastic, and an immediate contender next year. If someone loves Correa, they can keep him and offer up another trade. I'm not forcing anything, but I do want to see a genuine joy for trading and coming up with a fair trade that helps both rebuilding teams.

In a dynasty league Correa will be The best player on that team in no time. His dynasty league/keeper value is through the roof. He is only 20 years old! Your first post certainly made it seem like your forcing the issue.

No, Singleton and Gomes for Correa and Seager is not my suggested trade offer but it was more of an example of what your looking to do here. It's definitely shady, your trying to get Correa and Seager on the cheap. Do the other owners know your trying to find a new manager but only if they trade you Correa and Seager?

Why not let the new manager do what he/she wishes with the team. Sounds like your jealous of this team and your trying to bring some of their talent over to your team. I find this fascinating and I will definitely be following this thread because your a lunatic.

Just for gigs. extrapolate correas line out to Pollacks abs(354 abs) you get a 50r/19hr/50rbi/12 steal line. Out of a SS. A 21 year old SS. Pollack is 27 years old and an outfielder. Anyone taking him over correa is insane, or the type of person who tries to auction a team off....

@gvgnumber1,

I would be exactly the type of owner you'd want. I'm in multiple dynasty leagues and generally lead the leagues in trades (and trade offers too, most likely). Plus, I'm a perennial top-3 finisher in most of my leagues.

Why would I, as a competitive, active, trade-happy owner, ever want to join your league? Because you enjoy trades? C'mon man, you must be a rookie commish - you can't possibly have believed you'd get a quality owner by auctioning off a good team.

Good luck.

Come to think of it, he sounds like Bud Selig when Jim Crane wanted to buy the Astros, it only happened on the condition of the Astros switching to the AL.

Of course, Bud did some things right too - not sure this guy has/will.

Lol this guy is insane. I've never seen "having to make a trade" to get in a league in my life lol. Anyone that has any fantasy experience shouldn't join this league and know that the commish is crazy and won't take on an active and experienced owner if he won't make a trade with him LOL

You'd have to be a complete fool to join this league under the conditions outlined. Don't waste your time. It's shady as can be.

As previously stated, I know what I'm doing is unorthodox. But as stated in the first post I want to make a trade with this team. Of course no one will take the team if they have to give up an unfair trade... who do you guys think people are on these forums? I didn't come here specifically to find quacks. I never once said I was looking for the cheapest deal in exchange for the players I want, but to make a fair trade and take any of 34 players I have in exchange for that something I want. If you don't like the premise that's fine, I'm not concerned if you hate it. I have a good team here, and I want a new owner that will show a discerning effort to make a trade happen.

Just for gigs. extrapolate correas line out to Pollacks abs(354 abs) you get a 50r/19hr/50rbi/12 steal line. Out of a SS. A 21 year old SS. Pollack is 27 years old and an outfielder. Anyone taking him over correa is insane, or the type of person who tries to auction a team off....

The only thing worth debating here is player value, so this is the most relevant reply. So I will address this.

Let's give Correa this R/RBI projection. It's impressive and he's on a good team, so as long as he gets on base, he should fall into the stats just fine.

As stated in the very first post, this league is a points league where hitters are essentially ranked on Total Bases and at bats with fluctuations in BB/K rate, Stolen Bases and a few other things (yeah, this isn't a roto league). To be at the top of the points league rankings for batters, you NEED average or power and Pollock is a guarantee to have better average than Correa. There are absolutely zero stats that point to the contrary. And every stat is pointing to the fact that Correa will NOT hit HRs at the clip he currently is, in his small sample size (Zips would've put him at 3 Homers to this point in their projections, for example). Fewer HRs means fewer total bases and blah blah blah... Less points.

On the contrary, the BEST player on this available team is Jose Altuve, who ended up with the 5th most points among hitters last year. When you don't hit a lot of HRs, you need a high average and Correa doesn't fit the bill to be as good as Pollock, who hits for power AND average. The core benefit to having Correa is his age. His position eligibility is lessened in this league compared standard leagues, because we start SIX outfielders, and there are a surplus of quality SS coming up from the minors.

This available team has 4-5 years of Fielder left, the best 2B in the game, a rising star in Kolten Wong, Starling Marte, Felix Hernandez and Garret Cole. All players better than Correa right now and with the exception of maybe Wong will be better than him for the next several years. I'm not strong arming this team into the graveyard by requesting a manager that will make a fair trade. This team needs OF and SP help, and I have Ferdinand or Pollock on the block to include in a deal.

No one should be forced into making ANY trade to take over this vacated team. End of story. What about that don't you get?

Hmmm...with the type of case being made against Correa's value in this league, perhaps he should just be dropped and left on waivers indefinitely.

No one should be forced into making ANY trade to take over this vacated team. End of story. What about that don't you get?

This!!!

It doesn't matter if YOUR looking for a fair trade for players you don't have. That should be up to the guy who runs that team. Why should that person HAVE to trade with you. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? What if the new owner wants to keep quite possibly the best SS in baseball for years to come? I have Correa in my dynasty league and he is pretty much untouchable. Of course if I was blown away and I couldn't refuse I would trade him but it would take a lot. Your admitting what your doing is unorthodox, why would anybody join your league?

This is all about you wanting to add Correa to your team and your forcing someone to do so. you mad bro? You must be because you don't have correa and your jealous that this vacant team is good and your team is weak but you can't switch teams.

As previously stated, I know what I'm doing is unorthodox. But as stated in the first post I want to make a trade with this team. Of course no one will take the team if they have to give up an unfair trade... who do you guys think people are on these forums? I didn't come here specifically to find quacks. I never once said I was looking for the cheapest deal in exchange for the players I want, but to make a fair trade and take any of 34 players I have in exchange for that something I want. If you don't like the premise that's fine, I'm not concerned if you hate it. I have a good team here, and I want a new owner that will show a discerning effort to make a trade happen.

You sir, are a moron

send me an invite. i cant pm you and lets discuss some new rules or trade. $$$ involved?? my email is zjohnson27@my.stlcc.edu

No one is being forced to do anything. You're choosing to be angry. I'm sorry you are angry. Try being happy!

Hmmm...with the type of case being made against Correa's value in this league, perhaps he should just be dropped and left on waivers indefinitely.

Facetious comment adds no value to the conversation.

What if the new owner wants to keep quite possibly the best SS in baseball for years to come? I have Correa in my dynasty league and he is pretty much untouchable. Of course if I was blown away and I couldn't refuse I would trade him but it would take a lot. Your admitting what your doing is unorthodox, why would anybody join your league?

I already said in an earlier post if the owner wanted to keep Correa then they could, I merely want to make a trade and do two things: Get a fair trade that helps both teams, and test the new owner's ability to draw up a fair trade. I'm sure you've been in leagues where there's that one owner who short sells you on every one of your players that goes to the DL, right? It happens all the time to me, so I've got a little leverage to force that out of one of my leagues, and asking a new manager to draw up a fair trade is a good measuring stick. My first post listed some players I want. Trades are a discussion for me, that wasn't a demand in the first post as I reiterated in many posts since. That was a list of players I want and should talk about. Simple as that. If you're a ridiculous owner who can't draw up a fair trade, I don't want you in my league. If you're swindler, ravaging on those who know less than you, I don't want you in my league. Those people are no fun.

Funny you say all that and have values correa so poorly. Why don't you let the new owner value their own player and choose their own trade partners.

What a bush league

Funny you say all that and have values correa so poorly. Why don't you let the new owner value their own player and choose their own trade partners.

What a bush league

I called Correa a third round pick and said I like Pollock more for a points league built the way this league is built. How is that valuing Correa poorly? No one here has used any reasoning as to why I'm wrong about how to value Correa with this league's settings. People seem too busy suckin' his four hotdogs to really take a look at the type of player he is.

So you're willing to give this team up only under the pretense that the new owner will collude with you? Sounds fun, I'm in :)

I'm really interested !

But no way i trade Correa in a dynasty league. It's ok for you ?

I'm really interested !

But no way i trade Correa in a dynasty league. It's ok for you ?

Yes that's okay. If you want to prove that you can draw up fair trades, you could even make a trade that includes Correa and not follow through with it. Just prove to me in someway that you can be a fair trade partner.

My shopping spree for a 3B just ended after I traded Hunter Pence and Taijuan Walker for Maikel Franco. Which one of you weirdos from the first two pages is going to cry about that fair trade as well?

Words can't adequately describe this thread. The requirement (or even strong encouragement) to deal two top dynasty options upon entering a league is as crazy as it is atrocious.

Not that I would want to join but apparently the team needs a catcher (which you have in Swihart) and a power bat in the OF (which you have in Conforto if the team is to be rebuilt that would work). Asking for Kyle Seager is not the issue, asking for Correa takes away the only SS and you have nothing to cover for that (e.g. JP Crawford, Orlando Arcia or Tim Anderson etc).

Considering you do want Correa, I would suggest:

You give Taijuan Walker, Blake Swihart and Michael Conforto

You get Carlos Correa and Kyle Seager

Enjoy your league

Shal

Hey i am going to start a new dynasty league, its going to be fun , where all the owners like to trade!!

But just to prove you do , each owner has to to trade me one of their players that i want, or i delete you from the league!!

Who's IN??? LMAO!!!