Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gvgnumber1

Free ESPN Dynasty league needs replacement manager

Not that I would want to join but apparently the team needs a catcher (which you have in Swihart) and a power bat in the OF (which you have in Conforto if the team is to be rebuilt that would work). Asking for Kyle Seager is not the issue, asking for Correa takes away the only SS and you have nothing to cover for that (e.g. JP Crawford, Orlando Arcia or Tim Anderson etc).

Considering you do want Correa, I would suggest:

You give Taijuan Walker, Blake Swihart and Michael Conforto

You get Carlos Correa and Kyle Seager

Enjoy your league

Shal

I actually don't think this is a fair trade. The Correa side seems quite a bit more advantageous. Although the inclusion of Conforto is a smart play. If there were lists for prospects based on hitting only, he'd be very high as opposed to the kind of list Keith Law puts out that ranks overall value.

Words can't adequately describe this thread. The requirement (or even strong encouragement) to deal two top dynasty options upon entering a league is as crazy as it is atrocious.

I love this thread.

Hey i am going to start a new dynasty league, its going to be fun , where all the owners like to trade!!

But just to prove you do , each owner has to to trade me one of their players that i want, or i delete you from the league!!

Who's IN??? LMAO!!!

How do you start a dynasty league but already have teams drafted in order to make trades, before you have any members?

@gvgnumber1

In all seriousness, do the other league members know you're "vetting process" for a replacement owner? Do they approve?

If you were serious about finding someone who enjoys trading and can construct "fair" (which, by the way, is still very subjective) trades, I would imagine you have involved all the other league members to also let them evaluate these "potential trades".

Regardless, it's a horrible way to conduct your owner search...but hey, maybe I'm missing something.

@gvgnumber1

In all seriousness, do the other league members know you're "vetting process" for a replacement owner? Do they approve?

If you were serious about finding someone who enjoys trading and can construct "fair" (which, by the way, is still very subjective) trades, I would imagine you have involved all the other league members to also let them evaluate these "potential trades".

Regardless, it's a horrible way to conduct your owner search...but hey, maybe I'm missing something.

In an ideal league, the trade offer would be shown to the league before processing it, and a 3 day waiting period would be implemented so that any other member in the league could then counter that offer and try to get a player on their team. To me, this sounds ideal, because then the new team has an opportunity to talk with multiple managers in the league having been granted ownership of the vacant team. And they get a chance to shop their players for the best deal possible. I'm not going to drag my 10 other managers into a random forum site to debate trades with an unconfirmed new manager, so this way looks like the best course of action.

Come join a real DYNASTY league that won't force you to make trades!

You didn't read the thread clearly.

@gvgnumber1

In an ideal league, the trade offer would be shown to the league before processing it, and a 3 day waiting period would be implemented so that any other member in the league could then counter that offer and try to get a player on their team. To me, this sounds ideal, because then the new team has an opportunity to talk with multiple managers in the league having been granted ownership of the vacant team. And they get a chance to shop their players for the best deal possible. I'm not going to drag my 10 other managers into a random forum site to debate trades with an unconfirmed new manager, so this way looks like the best course of action.

Interesting...that's the first I've ever heard that the waiting period to process trades is for other owners to try and steal a trade out from under the accepted trade. Your idea of an "ideal" trading league now makes sense with your convoluted recruitment process.

In the minds of most fantasy veterans, the waiting period to process a trade is to give the other owners an opportunity to veto unfair trades that threaten the competitive balance of the entire league - not so they can try to undercut another owner's efforts to construct an agreeable trade.

This is interesting...I'd love to hear what others think of this.

I'd trade Seager......Let's do:

Eduardo Rodriguez or Carrasco

Conforto

Tolleson

For

Seager

McHugh

Ramos

It's more than fair for a dynasty league.

send invite to rob1173@yahoo.com

I'm open to taking over but i will not trade u Correa I could trade Seager but Correa projects to be a superstar you can't adequately value a player like that and the production he gives you in one position especially SS where offensive talent is rare.

anyways if you decide you want to invite me

jmorc7@yahoo.com

@gvgnumber1

Interesting...that's the first I've ever heard that the waiting period to process trades is for other owners to try and steal a trade out from under the accepted trade. Your idea of an "ideal" trading league now makes sense with your convoluted recruitment process.

In the minds of most fantasy veterans, the waiting period to process a trade is to give the other owners an opportunity to veto unfair trades that threaten the competitive balance of the entire league - not so they can try to undercut another owner's efforts to construct an agreeable trade.

This is interesting...I'd love to hear what others think of this.

I don't want to make a waiting period like this a common place for trades, but in the scenario of replacing a manager this format works real well I would presume. I see it as a test to get in, a rudimentary way to evaluate what kind of manager you are and your articulation skills in negotiating. And then the process of negotiating with the other members of the league is like a gold rush opportunity where everyone whose interested can talk to the newest manager. Thus building in a period of discussion on top of adding the new member, which helps stimulate activity in the league.

I don't see how a trade isn't worked out in this scenario, somewhere in the process, but I guess it's possible. I myself have been in a number of leagues where a new owner comes into the league and makes no announcement they are shopping, and a day later a trade goes through that you KNEW you could've beaten. That feeling sucks, and the new manager missed an opportunity to hear more offers, even if ultimately the original offer is the one they want.

Ultimately, this is a dynasty with no keeper penalties and if I want to make it anywhere remotely as good as my football dynasty league that I am not the league manager of, I am going to need to infuse some good league members and tweak some of the settings to stimulate activity and discussions.

I'd trade Seager......Let's do:

Eduardo Rodriguez or Carrasco

Conforto

Tolleson

For

Seager

McHugh

Ramos

It's more than fair for a dynasty league.

send invite to rob1173@yahoo.com

I'm not really so on board with this being fair.

Ramos > Tolleson

Seager > Conforto but not as much as you might think, given the extra OF slot each team has to fill and Conforto's almost assuredly better average.

and then the unbalanced part of

Rodriguez or Carrasco >>> McHugh

Especially Carrasco, who would be the best player in the deal in a roto league... let alone a points league, which this league is.

Do you have a counter?

I myself have been in a number of leagues where a new owner comes into the league and makes no announcement they are shopping, and a day later a trade goes through that you KNEW you could've beaten. That feeling sucks, and the new manager missed an opportunity to hear more offers, even if ultimately the original offer is the one they want.

I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority. But the fact that you missed out on making offers to a new manager is completely your fault. Why are you waiting?! To me, it seems you're hating on the fact that another manager beat you to the punch. It's good gamesmanship to go after your targets and work out a trade before other managers do...and if you can't, but another does - good for the other owner, they accomplished something you couldn't or otherwise didn't.

What's the harm in that? Seems like you're crying over missed opportunity instead of taking ownership of the fact that you just got beat to the punch.

Just my thoughts.

come on (to get into this league this new owner needs to trade you certain players) is NOT the way to run a league. I wonder what the other owners would think if they knew that a new owner has to trade you Correa & Seager.

This thread need to die.

I myself have been in a number of leagues where a new owner comes into the league and makes no announcement they are shopping, and a day later a trade goes through that you KNEW you could've beaten. That feeling sucks, and the new manager missed an opportunity to hear more offers, even if ultimately the original offer is the one they want.

I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority. But the fact that you missed out on making offers to a new manager is completely your fault. Why are you waiting?! To me, it seems you're hating on the fact that another manager beat you to the punch. It's good gamesmanship to go after your targets and work out a trade before other managers do...and if you can't, but another does - good for the other owner, they accomplished something you couldn't or otherwise didn't.

What's the harm in that? Seems like you're crying over missed opportunity instead of taking ownership of the fact that you just got beat to the punch.

Just my thoughts.

I don't go flipping tables when that happens, the older member was more proactive and got a deal done. Like I said, I don't want that period there for all trades, just for when a new manager is added mid-season. I think it would do a lot more good for comradery and activity than any harm it could do.

come on (to get into this league this new owner needs to trade you certain players) is NOT the way to run a league. I wonder what the other owners would think if they knew that a new owner has to trade you Correa & Seager.

you didn't read the thread.