tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

#Astros prospect AJ Reed has hit his 3rd HR of the season, a 2-run shot to RF, to give Triple-A Fresno a 2-0 lead in 1st vs. Las Vegas. #BBN

great to hear.

3rd in 4th game.

1:9 BB/K ratio over the last seven games. Small sample size I know. Maybe trying to be a little too aggressive to force a call-up?

1:9 BB/K ratio over the last seven games. Small sample size I know. Maybe trying to be a little too aggressive to force a call-up?

In fairness, he's probably swinging to hit homers to get called up.

isn't that what he said

isn't that what he said

I think he's probably trying to be aggressive. Swing more. Hit more homers. Get the call-up. Just my two cents.

isn't that what he said

I think he's probably trying to be aggressive. Swing more. Hit more homers. Get the call-up. Just my two cents.

Does anyone think he's trying to swing more and be more aggressive ? Hit more homers ?

:lol:

Edited by fletch44
  • Like 3

Alright I misread. My bad guys. We are all saying the same thing.

When Franco was coming up his AAA numbers showed very little plate discipline and last year he had great patience in the majors.

• Like 1

Alright I misread. My bad guys. We are all saying the same thing.

When Franco was coming up his AAA numbers showed very little plate discipline and last year he had great patience in the majors.

Its not that you misread anything, its just that I think he is trying to get more homers to get a callup

But honestly, good point and I think that is a possible explanation.

I have to imagine myself in Reeds shoes. I'd want a call up, deserve a call up, want that boost in salary...what do I do to force Houston to call me up? Well, I swing harder, maybe too hard sometimes...but I swing for the fences and hit HR's.

Easy.

• Like 2

It's a small size (47 PA). There's probably some adjustment to a new level. Nothing to see here...

A K% 23.7 %

A+ K % 19%

AA K% 20.7 %

AAA K% 23.4%

• Like 1

the big problem right now is a guy named Tyler White who is playing first ... I don't see Reed getting the call unless White or Gattis gets hurt

the big problem right now is a guy named Tyler White who is playing first ... I don't see Reed getting the call unless White or Gattis gets hurt

Not a big problem. Reed is better than both those guys and they are competing this year, theres also a lineup configuration to get them all in the lineup (as has been posted here multiple times).

Not a big problem. Reed is better than both those guys and they are competing this year, theres also a lineup configuration to get them all in the lineup (as has been posted here multiple times).

I read what you wrote about Gattis catching ... I don't care what is being posted or written I can't see Gattis catching. He is too valuable to the Astros as a hitter.

also I can't see White sliding over to third ....

I know fielding% isn't the be all end all but White had a 92% fielding percentage at 3B in the minors. That is butcher territory. I can't see them moving him back there unless they had to. I have seen a couple articles surface about Gattis possibly catching.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/astros-evan-gattis-may-get-in-the-crouch-soon/

Edited by fletch44

I read what you wrote about Gattis catching ... I don't care what is being posted or written I can't see Gattis catching. He is too valuable to the Astros as a hitter.

also I can't see White sliding over to third ....

748 OPS last year. If you think Gattis wont be catching than think whatever you want about who will be the DH between Gattis/White.

There could be two kinds of platoon:

Castro/Gattis at C

Valbuena/White at 3B

And DH whoever is better depending on matchups

3 out of the last 4 games 0 hits now batting Reed's batting avg is .227 . What is going on with our guy Reed?

3 out of the last 4 games 0 hits now batting Reed's batting avg is .227 . What is going on with our guy Reed?

OPS of .836 in first 11 AAA games. He is doing fine.

don't forget about his OBP a whopping .314. His career is at .409