tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

17 minutes ago, Vote4link said:

Not sure what this means, if anything, but Fantasyalarm just posted that AJ Reed is "getting closer" to a callup. 

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/player-news/504351/astros-prospect-reed-getting-closer-to-promotion/

Well in theory every second that passes he's closer. He isn't further away.

Ive stated multiple times in this thread recently that he'll be up this month barring injury imo.

• Like 1

The Lunhow comments are interesting... it might be any day now that super 2 had passed. Sounds like he's in their plans more than Singleton.

Anyone know of any recent call-ups that were hitting poorly in the minors, only to get the call and be fantasy relevant?

Not to mention he's struggling in the PCL, aka hitter's paradise

5 hours ago, street sharks said:

Anyone know of any recent call-ups that were hitting poorly in the minors, only to get the call and be fantasy relevant?

Not to mention he's struggling in the PCL, aka hitter's paradise

Look back the last few pages, I covered both of these items...

1- PCL myth is over blown, and he actually plays in a neutral/slightly pitcher park. Majority of PCL stadiums are neutral or pitcher, a couple at the top skew numbers.

2- Reed's performance at AAA hasn't been too much different than that of Correa last year,  who had a chance to warm up at AA before stopping in AAA.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Look back the last few pages, I covered both of these items...

1- PCL myth is over blown, and he actually plays in a neutral/slightly pitcher park. Majority of PCL stadiums are neutral or pitcher, a couple at the top skew numbers.

2- Reed's performance at AAA hasn't been too much different than that of Correa last year,  who had a chance to warm up at AA before stopping in AAA.

To be fair, Correa raked at AA last season before a brief promotion to AAA where he was mediorce in a SSS. Reed really hasn't raked yet this season for a period of more than a couple games.

Reed certainly could get called up at any time, but I think we're going to need to see a few weeks of solid, consistent, productive ABs for it to happen.

Well at least they said he is not that far off,...he will probably be up first before Bregman it seems which wold be good new for Reed owners 

An American league team, supposedly a contender, going to battle with a .214-hitting Tyler White at DH today against the rival Rangers

speculation if correa hits the dl with this ankle thing that reed may get the call before bregman, shift marwin over to short.

again, speculation...but it's something to monitor.

38 minutes ago, slaphitter said:

An American league team, supposedly a contender, going to battle with a .214-hitting Tyler White at DH today against the rival Rangers

He was batting 8th today too. Ugh. AL team batting their DH 8th, yuck.

28 minutes ago, Jor357 said:

Any more news on a call up ? 

BrockPaperSizer from rotoworld forums predicts THIS week. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jor357 said:

Any more news on a call up ? 

This is from yesterday ....

Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said Reed is "getting closer" to a big league promotion, Jake Kaplan of the Houston Chronicle reports.
Spin:
Luhnow said "there are certain things that we're definitely looking for that will give us confidence that he's going to consistently deliver up here. But I don't think we're that far away." It's possible Luhnow was referring to Reed's struggles against left-handed pitching (5-for-42 entering Wednesday), as they want him to be a regular in the lineup when he arrives in Houston, not as one-half of a platoon. Tyler White has struggled after a hot start to the season, batting just .172 over the last 30 days and .213 overall. Luhnow also suggested Super Two implications were not a concern regarding Reed's promotion, so expect to see him arrive in Houston in the coming weeks or even days.

Granted I am an Alex Bregman owner but I just dont see how recalling Reed makes any sense right now. He's hitting .240 on the season and .189 in his last 10 games with 10 strikeouts and 1 Home Run.

Thoughts on trading Odubel for Reed straight up in a h2h 16 team (18 keeper) dynasty league.  I've got Lorenzo Cain manning CF right now and util spot is occupied too...so Odubel sits most days or I platoon him with Cain.

Got Ortiz at 1b but he's gone next year (hopefully not).  

So thinking long term 1B replacement.

Edited by Saddam's Sluggers

6 minutes ago, Saddam's Sluggers said:

Thoughts on trading Odubel for Reed straight up in a h2h 16 team (18 keeper) dynasty league.  I've got Lorenzo Cain manning CF right now and util spot is occupied too...so Odubel sits most days or I platoon him with Cain.

You want to ask those types of questions pertaining to roster moves, trades, etc in this forum.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/23-bench-coach-help-forum/

6 minutes ago, Saddam's Sluggers said:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cruisedaddy said:

When is Reed coming up??Cmon it's mid June wtf

If anyone knew it would be posted.

• Like 2

Not one to break news, but someone passed word to me that the plan is to call him up for the Monday series against the Angels. Wanted to avoid Cincy and the Cardinals since they are heavy with lefty starters. Tyler White will most likely get sent down

• Like 2